• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo 2

Banned
I'm in.

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - West is the best.
• Favorite Artist - Based on plays it's would be either Cudi, Rocky, 'Ye, or Wiz.
• Favourite producer - FlyLo
• Favourite album - Low End Theory (this changes daily)
• What's in your playlist right now? - Been listening to Double Cup a lot lately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-TnC3xl3pk

Cudder

Soccer is a shit sport. The whole duration of this World Cup, all I ever hear are people complaining about bad calls and worse refs. How can people be so invested in a game that can be so fucking easily manipulated.

Esch

Banned
Soccer is a shit sport. The whole duration of this World Cup, all I ever hear are people complaining about bad calls and worse refs. How can people be so invested in a game that can be so fucking easily manipulated.
Word, I've never seen a game of hockey, basketball, boxing, or football turned by a single call in any other sport. Only soccer has bad refs and outcomes determined by referees, or players trying to elicit fouls from said referees.

the ref made the right call though. Clearly aimed at the foot.

Cudder

Word, I've never seen a game of hockey, basketball, boxing, or football turned by a single call in any other sport. Only soccer has bad refs and outcomes determined by referees, or players trying to elicit fouls from said referees.

Can't tell me any of those other sports have the same number of bad calls/dives. When they happen in other sports, they are literally an anomaly/outlier. Plus, they have the option of video replay to get the call right. The continuous clock in soccer is a whole other issue unto itself. In every game of soccer there is probably upwards of 10 bullshit plays, calls, whatever you wanna call them. In hockey, you'd get a Sportscentre top 10 bad calls of the entire season they happen so rarely. You could compile that shit every game with soccer.

Can't tell me any of those other sports have the same number of bad calls/dives. When they happen in other sports, they are literally an anomaly/outlier. Plus, they have the option of video replay to get the call right. The continuous clock in soccer is a whole other issue unto itself. In every game of soccer there is probably upwards of 10 bullshit plays, calls, whatever you wanna call them. In hockey, you'd get a Sportscentre top 10 bad calls of them entire season they happen so rarely. You could compile that shit every game with soccer.

breh we just had an entire Stanley Cup Finals with one team and its fan base whining about calls en route to a 4 - 1 series ass whooping. It's not a good time to make this argument

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Can't tell me any of those other sports have the same number of bad calls/dives. When they happen in other sports, they are literally an anomaly/outlier. Plus, they have the option of video replay to get the call right. The continuous clock in soccer is a whole other issue unto itself. In every game of soccer there is probably upwards of 10 bullshit plays, calls, whatever you wanna call them. In hockey, you'd get a Sportscentre top 10 bad calls of the entire season they happen so rarely. You could compile that shit every game with soccer.

Guessing you're not a football fan, because the amount of shit calls every week does, in fact, fill up top 10 lists every week.

As someone who has played soccer and hockey for more than half my life, soccer is embarrassing at times. I won't pretend like there isn't diving in hockey, but at least it's frowned upon as opposed to encouraged in soccer. Worst thing about soccer for sure.
Worst sport though? Not even close. That distinction goes to baseball. Well, actually maybe not, because you did specify "sport".

Esch

Banned
I could make a DVD box set out of the fouls, flops and poor ref calls made in a basketball series.

As someone who has played soccer and hockey for more than half my life, soccer is embarrassing at times. I won't pretend like there isn't diving in hockey, but at least it's frowned upon as opposed to encouraged in soccer. Worst thing about soccer for sure.

^^^

You at least lose respect from almost every corner when you dive and embellish in hockey. People hate Dustin Brown, Mike Smith, etc. And it isn't as...I don't know, ridiculous? Some soccer dives are majestic modern dance routines. It's still a big problem in hockey either way.

But ref whining is a scourge across all sports at an equal level. Nobody gets higher ground on that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Worst sport though? Not even close. That distinction goes to baseball. Well, actually maybe not, because you did specify "sport".

I enjoy casually glancing at a Tigers game while out having drinks at a bar but I can't see myself sitting down and watching an entire game without any other stimuli.

CRS

Netherlands going all the way. I'm gonna make serious money when they do
I would stop betting on them after their next game depending on who they play against. Stop while you're ahead.
This game was run pretty well. Yeah, there was a non-call for a PK but Robben is already infamous for diving so you can't blame the referee. And the only reason why non-Soccer fans are becoming aware of the whining is because the complaints are on a much, much larger scale. You're not going to be aware about the issues the Stanley Cup had because their audience is a fraction of what the World Cup brings.

About that last call, whatever. He shouldn't have been challenged by Robben looked for that foul.
I could make a DVD box set out of the fouls, flops and poor ref calls made in a basketball series.
Feat Chris Bosh, Hosted by Chris Bosh, with special appearance by Chris Bosh
Or the many flops of a Miami Heat series.
There you go.

lmao Kung Lao is trending because of Neyo

BrVLBjRCcAA4Qyd.jpg:large

Tuned in to the BET Awards since Chris Rock is hosting, quality seems to be "not ghetto" in terms of venue/lighting/etc but good lord, the performances. I'm watching Wayne right now and 40% of his lyrics are being edited out. What's the point?

I would stop betting on them after their next game depending on who they play against. Stop while you're ahead.
I probably sound like a gambling addict with all this world cup talk. Truth is I've put all of 10 euros into my account to gamble with and been eating off the profits.

I know your feeling that loss though, we both know who should have won that match.

Ireland losing to Spain in penalties back in 08 was pretty devastating

HiResDes

HRD I think youre missing out. This new Lana is really nice, even after 5 listens.

If I want to listen to shit like that I just go for singers with real emotion. The people she emulates are just simply on another level. Go listen to any Chris Connor album and you'll see what I mean. Her lyrics are Weeknd cringe worthy, and yet you can tell they aren't spontaneous or off the dome like the latter artist, but rather forced and overly choreographed.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Lana Rey is average on her best day and having Dan Auerbach produce her new record did her no favors. Dude usually has a great ear for raw and punctuated production, but whoever else's fingers were in this pie fucked it up.

mooooose

i like lana, she's fake but she makes some good songs. most of them are nothing special tho.

this song leaked and wasnt on the album (havent listened to it yet) but as a disco influenced pop song, its really good and fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlE2paRTX4w

i think shes a good song writer. shes derivative as hell but no one else is taking the direct influence/emulation approach she is and nothing current sounds like her so shes getting too much shit

esch is right tho she is the asap of pop

mooooose

what i've been listening to this summer

move that dope
this song is fuckin criminally underrated, especially in this thread. you guys are wack and out of touch, saying this beat is "nothing special" smh

hit me - mystikal

you oughta know - juelz

brighter dayz - teklife
a lot of juke

the moon - denzel curry x mike dece
this beat is crazy and both have killer flows and i love mike dece's rhyme scheme

every morning - max b
a lot of max and stacks

mazda blue - speak
speak killed 2014

too ill for the law - lakutis
this beat is crazy and i love lakutis's voice and delivery on it

hell's direction - cold world ft kool g rap
cold world are great and i think they nail the hardcore/rap crossover but this song is kinda heavy handed but its still dope

down on my luck - vic mensa
nailed the house/rap song, and i really dont like vic mensa. this song is being overlooked so bad, this should be blowing up. just goes.

So a little earlier today I was smoking with this stripper I met a few days ago and her friends. It was the first time I really heard a chick just openly talk about her pimp, shit had me rolling. She was saying a few nights her he was telling her to give a guy a lap dance and she said fuck no, he's ugly then he yelled at her so you saying the last nigga was cute?? She got mad and bit him then gave the guy a lap dance lol

Edit: I fuck with that Lakutis song, no clue why I never gave this dude a chance!

2nd Edit: Lil durk and Game beef is serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom