• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

Why does death grips keep having to push the pretentious arty angle jfc any other band it would be enough for me to hate the shit out of them now but I still think their first 3 records are amazing so they just barely have enough goodwill. not enough goodwill to make me care they're breaking up though, and definitely not enough goodwill for me to care when they reunite in 8 months

Okay okay, I know I post a lot about two things: So Cal shows and Low End Theory. So this post won't come as much of a surprise. Shit probably gets old after a while and I apologize for making non-So Cal locals have to tune it out.

That being said, Low End Theory is going to be celebrating its 8th anniversary on October 15th and it should be a really, really, really live night. If you're in So Cal and can make it out I would definitely recommend it. Like I said, it probably gets boring hearing me stan for this place all the time but it's worth the experience of coming at least once, and that night is going to be pretty special.

Lately Kev has been talking about transitioning the club at a certain point, getting away from being a weekly, feeling like they will have accomplished what they set out to accomplish around years 10 - 12...so we're looking at the twilight years of what I would consider to be the most important movement in west coast hiphop over that period of time. Probably the second most influence the west coast has had on the game overall behind early gangsta rap, up there with g-funk. And with festivals planned, expanded international tour, a higher profile for the residents (Gaslamp especially), and so on it's easy to see how things as they are will be hard to sustain.

So yeah, October 15th. 8 year anniversary. Gonna be great. I would recommend showing up before doors open on this one, unlike most nights.

big ander

death grips kinda lost me after the second album but I feel bad for all the people who were gonna see them live this year

Oh yeah that's my thing too: they've canceled 2 shows on me personally lol. Whatever though. It would've been cool to see on one hand, but on the other if they want to consistently make part of their persona that they fuck over the people who like them go for it haha. I got 200 other better artists to listen to.

canceling shows isn't even punk. playing 200 shows a year is punk

thabiz

after money store, it was clear they had no direction. no love was structured, but you could see the lack of writing. its gotten worse and worse since then. they basically released whatever they recorded after that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
after money store, it was clear they had no direction. no love was structured, but you could see the lack of writing. its gotten worse and worse since then. they basically released whatever they recorded after that.
That's how I feel. First two albums were the shit, but I'm not too broken up over the news. They made some good music and are free to move on.

tumblr_n83v4kaojH1tct4keo1_500.png

death grips kinda lost me after the second album but I feel bad for all the people who were gonna see them live this year

Kind of the same, but the new material with Bjork was solid. Feel bad for the folks that wanted to see them. Had some friends that were going to pop in at FYF, and I've heard from a ton of people that regardless of how you feel RE: their recorded material, they kill it live. Lot of energy.

Matugi

Have we discussed Breezy throwing up gang signs with cameras all in his face?

Cant believe I had any hope for this dude.

maybe Run It! was a euphemism for how he's gonna run the game through his own criminal organization. Chris Brown's Dapper Slappers

overcast

That being said, Low End Theory is going to be celebrating its 8th anniversary on October 15th and it should be a really, really, really live night. If you're in So Cal and can make it out I would definitely recommend it. Like I said, it probably gets boring hearing me stan for this place all the time but it's worth the experience of coming at least once, and that night is going to be pretty special.
Going to make this one. Need to.

overcast

Jessie Ware posted a picture of her and Chance. Firstly, I haven't trusted Chance post Acid Rap. Secondly, forced rap verses in pop songs kinda suck (Ware's ASAP remix case in point).

2014 Chance is pissing me off brehs.

Cudder

Sleeping in socks is madness.

Same for shoes off at the door, If they're dirty fair enough, but my shoes are most always clean.

I couldn't live like that

even if we lived in backwards land where it was custom to wear shoes indoors, id still take them off. what the shit? wearing shoes in the house?

overcast

My cousin used to lay in beds/couches with shoes on. Weird shit.

I love taking my shoes off then cracking my toes. One of the best little pleasures.

even if we lived in backwards land where it was custom to wear shoes indoors, id still take them off. what the shit? wearing shoes in the house?

If you're outside most of the day they're most definitely not clean.
Depends are we talking carpet or wood floors etc.

Not gonna dirty up a house with carpet. Unless it was a cultural thing like with Esch I wouldn't take my shoes off going into someone's house, generally speaking.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay, I was willing to give people a pass for sleeping with socks on, but dragging all of the shit from the city streets into someone's house by not taking your shoes off? Nah fam, nah.

Esch

Banned
Okay, I was willing to give people a pass for sleeping with socks on, but dragging all of the shit from the city streets into someone's house by not taking your shoes off? Nah fam, nah.

It just makes no fucking sense.

1) Makes floors dirty.

2) it means everyone as a culture needs to sweep and mop their floors more often, which sucks.

3) You're not supposed to stay around with shoes and socks on all day. That's why dudes have foot fungus and shit.

riotous

Banned
I'm not anal about shoes in my house.

I shampoo my carpets monthly though.

And for the most part, I don't wear shoes in my house.. guests usually take them off without asking. But I don't really care if they don't.

Cudder

It just makes no fucking sense.

1) Makes floors dirty.

2) it means everyone as a culture needs to sweep and mop their floors more often, which sucks.

3) You're not supposed to stay around with shoes and socks on all day. That's why dudes have foot fungus and shit.

some people live like fucking pigs though, i've seen it. i've actually been to houses where im like "im keeping my fucking shoes on, because i feel like im gonna step on something sharp and get infected from these floors." for people with some standards, though, shoes off.

esch, does your family get offended if ppl come over and keep their socks on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom