• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
some people live like fucking pigs though, i've seen it. i've actually been to houses where im like "im keeping my fucking shoes on, because i feel like im gonna step on something sharp and get infected from these floors." for people with some standards, though, shoes off.

esch, does your family get offended if ppl come over and keep their socks on?

Naw, socks are cool. And fuck yeah i'm not taking my shoes off in some places. Hellll no.

Statik Selektah ft. Action Bronson, Royce Da 5'9, & Black Thought "The Imperial"

What Goes Around drops Aug 19.

photo.jpg

This shit sounds like a modern Marley Marl beat, crazy. I can't even hate on the Royce verse, it's dope. And Black Thought crushes the building again.

I need a Black Thought/Statik album or EP.

PlayDat

Have only checked out two Death Grips albums. Really dug the first one, but Government Plates was kinda wack.

Was meaning to give The Money Store a shot for a while and figured now was the best time with the news of their breakup.

Didn't know they charged for it. Got the impression that all their stuff was free.

Kwixotik

Listened to Mista Thug Isolation while driving around today. I tried it when everybody was hyping it but I guess I wasn't in the mood because I didn't feel it back then. Today, though, I thought it was the shit. Probably gonna be playing it for a while.

In other news, finding a roommate is fucking difficult.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The Reks was great, well done got stale. But Statik managed to elevate Slaine, which is most impressive.

I still think Well Done was Action at his best because he tried to stay on beat more on some commercial (for Action) beats.

Not feeling that single though

Esch

Banned
not a lot better but better. cole has the sanity advantage though.
We going peak for peak? Or is it unfair to point out the goofy post rap tip some of Blu s discography is on.

Honestly about even seems right. Both do things the other can't. kind of a weird comparison.

IrishNinja

how are blu & cole comparable though? style wise and content they don't immediately strike me as like artists

i do know that i'll fuck with below the heavens long after even FNL

HiResDes

how are blu & cole comparable though? style wise and content they don't immediately strike me as like artists

i do know that i'll fuck with below the heavens long after even FNL
Yeah different rappers for sure, Blu is underground even in a sense of how he weaves the very fabric of his albums.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guess you didn't hear his Freddie Gibbs album. Well Done was dope too. And he produced a great Reks album.
Well-Done was decent, it has lows though. I think other producers could have rounded it out better.

BtH was about the only thing I was ready to give Blu over Cole as an MC, but now I'm not even sure as I only go back to select songs off of BtH whereas pretty much everything outside of a song or two I go back to on FNL. Otherwise he is inferior in pretty much every way, from his ear, to flow, to content, to versatility, etc. And Cole's content is pretty uninspired/transparent, but he has some breakthrough songs at times.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

but jokes aside they both come off as rappers I would listen to (and do listen to) when I'm in a down mood.

Not all of their stuff but their strongest stuff are rap tear jerkers/struggle songs imo. Ironically enough Common is the third rapper I would go to when I'm in the mood for some sad struggle rap songs and he was reppin #teamliteskin before it was cool. Now Drake runs that sad song shit......

kermt5j3fztkll.gif

Well-Done is still Action Bronson's strongest full release to date.

thats what I'm saying. its his strongest (shit maybe his only) viable commercial release. Like Well Done is the album I would tell somebody to buy if they wanted to get into bronson and they weren't a rap heads. Then if they liked it I would introduce them to the rest of his catalog.

DominoKid

HFC is the only Blu thing I listen to these days. But it's better than Cole's whole discog.

I wouldn't even know what Blu is on musically right now. Probably some weird shit if NoYork is any indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom