• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Orange is the New Black is kind of garbage now. All of the racial/ethnic stereotypes and over-extended focus on insignificant ancillary characters has really hurt the fluidity of the storytelling and made it quite messy.

But anyway, ya'll remember when people actually used to talk about hip-hop in here...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y'all know I'm about that battle rap life. The Budden match is not worth watching. None of the Total Slaughter battles are. Don't waste your time.

Well, if your only here to see Budden take an L, then skip to Budden's third round where he
starts getting booed, gets emotional, tosses the mic and gets handed the L by judges

Tokubetsu

Y'all know I'm about that battle rap life. The Budden match is not worth watching. None of the Total Slaughter battles are. Don't waste your time.

Well, if your only here to see Budden take an L, then skip to Budden's third round where he
starts getting booed, gets emotional, tosses the mic and gets handed the L by judges

For a guy who has basically been a heel his whole career you'd think he'd be able to handle this shit.

Esch

Banned
Is there a bigger accepted lame in hip hop history than Joe Burden? Dude is the biggest fraud to ever pick up a mic on the big stage. In like every respect.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Don't toy with me. If he doesn't start crying and I'm going to be sad

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
hey guys I was looking for a video somebody posted here once.

I think it was a smooth rap instrumental and the video was a anime car driving. It might of been Golgo 13. If anyone remembers what I'm talking please post it thanks.

It wasn't the curren$y song.

Detox

You can tell Jay Z is from the big daddy Kane school of rap and live performances while Jay Elec is just a lazy bum. Jay Z doesn't even want Jay E to do those little interjections as he is completely focused on spitting every word.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Is there a bigger accepted lame in hip hop history than Joe Burden? Dude is the biggest fraud to ever pick up a mic on the big stage. In like every respect.

More embarassing battles than this off the top of my head.

charles hamilton and the serious jones "barbershop Ambush"
Cannabis and his "let me read from my ancient scrolls"

Notice how its all non battle rappers trying to battle and not even understanding the basic conduct of battle rap. Its like a sub culture and these guys who can make songs (with hooks) have no idea how to conduct themselves and eventually take the embarassing L.

further proof when freeway battled cassidy and was like "yo, play me a beat....." i don't even know if he knew he had just conceded defeat.

m3k

i thought people would learn from like the cassidy freeway video... you would have to have your whole street team go in and find info on the battle rappers to make it even fair, and when your L rapsheet is like buddens

well no one could think it would be fair...

rza entered some freestyle battles in 99 my friend told me about in the day... i just looked this shit up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmH0TZEkjy8&feature=kp
i cant even bring myself to watch the cappadonna one

i know its freestyle but people should just know, if you dont battle rap, dont take the L and do it on stage in front of cameras

Esch

Banned
wait, i think Budden's kind've a herb & freely admit his army of L's but specifically what fraudulence

Everything. I don't even need to document his frauding IRL as a man, let's have a look at him as an artist.

His best work is a mixtape (Mood Muzik 2) that specifically deals with the Ls he receives. It's an 8/10, and it came out in 2006.

His best single is "Pump It Up". This was in 2003. And he hasn't had anything nearly as dope since.

His 'supergroup', Slaughterhouse, was primed and ready to run shit in the late 00s despite being mediocre as fuck. They did nothing despite having cosigns.

Basically Joe Budden is a C+ act and has lasted this long because everyone needs an emotional and physical punching bag.

cons-budden-tahiry.gif

RP912

Banned
Buddens is still the goat despite the L's. Some folks make it seem like he's on the level of Charles Hamilton L catching.

J10

Banned
I like Budden a lot. I've listened to all of his music a ton since he first popped up and he's one of my personal favorites. Dope rapper.

RP912

Banned
The hatred :/. How yall going to front on his features during his mood muzik days and his punchlines? Dude was a beast. Sure he got gassed up after the Love and Hip Hop show but let's not deny the fact that he's one of the best to do it.

For a guy who has basically been a heel his whole career you'd think he'd be able to handle this shit.

He literally agreed to be embarrassed in TIME SQUARE on cable television by having a woman reject his marriage proposal...for money. At this point Joey should be as shameless as an adult who still sucks his thumb. Getting booed by some rap dudes shouldn't be a problem for him.

I haven't watched the battle since battle rap is wack to me (I'll wait until some smart Jews manage to make it watchable for viewers, up the production values, and bring in decent sponsors) but from what I've heard Joe took a huge L. If he had just...lost, no one would be dogging him. Most people assumed he'd lose. But to lose in this fashion is just laughable.

RP912

Banned
Joey should have drop them meh 3rd round bars and kept it moving. He would have won since Don choked and was losing steam throughout the battle. Joey caught feelings and lost the damn battle which in the end we all end up losing because of how bad the ppv was :/.

Esch

Banned
The hatred :/. How yall going to front on his features during his mood muzik days and his punchlines? Dude was a beast. Sure he got gassed up after the Love and Hip Hop show but let's not deny the fact that he's one of the best to do it.
Joe Budden isnt even top 50 for me, I might even be able to go to 75 without even thinking about him. What has Joe Budden done to deserve being called the goat or universally acclaimed as one of the best?

Did he innovate anything? Nope.

Did he flood the game with dope shit, for a long or short period of time? Nah. He had a spark when he started but he's always been a little generic and corny with his subject matter.

Did he shift the culture with anything? No.

Did he run shit commercially? Nope.

I understand liking him a lot, but he's not even one of those tier 2 rap artists you can say are underrated like Common and get away with it. Joe Budden's been around forever. The story of his career is 'he/they should have blown up when...'. He's Beanie Sigel tier.

RP912

Banned
Joe Budden isnt even top 50 for me, I might even be able to go to 75 without even thinking about him. What has Joe Budden done to deserve being called the goat or universally acclaimed as one of the best?

Did he innovate anything? Nope.

Did he flood the game with dope shit, for a long or short period of time? Nah. He had a spark when he started but he's always been a little generic and corny with his subject matter.

Did he shift the culture with anything? No.

Did he run shit commercially? Nope.

I understand liking him a lot, but he's not even one of those tier 2 rap artists you can say are underrated like Common and get away with it. Joe Budden's been around forever. The story of his career is 'he/they should have blown up when...'. He's Beanie Sigel tier.

So he wasn't one of the innovators of the mixtape hustle though?

Beanie Sigel tier tho :/........Beans is one of the best also. He just can't get out of 2005 though. Once he realize that folks not rocking bubble coats and baggy guess jeans no more...the broad street bully will be back!!

thabiz

this is sadly what happens when the world cup ends. brains need to reform after watching soccer all day for a month.

Esch

Banned
Sure. He was one of the first guys to get poppin on the internet that I remember. But giving him credit for the mixtape model? No. Rappers have been selling mixtapes out of the back of their cars since the early 90s.

Beanie Sigel tier tho :/........Beans is one of the best also. He just can't get out of 2005 though. Once he realize that folks not rocking bubble coats and baggy guess jeans no more...the broad street bully will be back!!
What? Nah breh. Nope.

RP912

Banned
Sure. He was one of the first guys to get poppin on the internet that I remember. But giving him credit for the mixtape model? No. Rappers have been selling mixtapes out of the back of their cars since the early 90s.

What? Nah breh. Nope.

How many rappers that were pushing car-trunk mixtapes actually had a buzz ringing all over the states besides a regional following? Buddens, Kiss, Beans, etc were killing the game around the time fiddy was doing it. I still remember bumping my best of styles p mixtape all summer long :D.

Beanie hatred tho 0_0...you hurting me dude :(.

prettty sure that was secUrity that did it, no?

The tape was never released. I thought it was Rae himself. Budden said he actually leaned back and got hit in the shoulder (which explains why he had Ice on his eye lmao)...either way it was a massive L.

That's what he gets for saying he's better than Meth

Freddie Gibbs did the Mixtape hustle better, and he's not even an innovator.

Beanie Sigel tier tho :/........Beans is one of the best also. He just can't get out of 2005 though.

Lol...wut?

Esch

Banned
How many rappers that were pushing car-trunk mixtapes actually had a buzz ringing all over the states besides a regional following? Buddens, Kiss, Beans, etc were killing the game around the time fiddy was doing it. I still remember bumping my best of styles p mixtape all summer long :D.

Beanie hatred tho 0_0...you hurting me dude :(.
That's because they didn't have the internet... which I already said Budden gets dap from me for using well. But like I said, unlike a 50 he never capitalized on that buzz. Blame some of that on poor moves on his part, but on some level it's also because Budden is a mediocre artist. The most interesting thing about him is that he's a pill head, and that alone will never really resonate with the country unless you're on another level with the charisma and songwriting like Wayne or Eminem were.

Dude, I like Beans and State Property. I'm one of the few dudes in here to recommend that shit to people occasionally. But Beans isn't an all time great.

RP912

Banned
That's because they didn't have the internet... which I already said Budden gets dap from me for using well. But like I said, unlike a 50 he never capitalized on that buzz. Blame some of that on poor moves on his part, but on some level it's also because Budden is a mediocre artist. The most interesting thing about him is that he's a pill head, and that alone will never really resonate with the country unless you're on another level with the charisma and songwriting like Wayne or Eminem were.

Dude, I like Beans and State Property. I'm one of the few dudes in here to recommend that shit to people occasionally. But Beans isn't an all time great.

Well I have a philly rapper bias. So to me The Truth is one of the best albums of all time. Skill wise beans is a beast...one of the only rappers that can spit vivid images in his rhymes without fail.

The property was greatness even though they all equally hate each other.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
More embarassing battles than this off the top of my head.

charles hamilton and the serious jones "barbershop Ambush"
Cannabis and his "let me read from my ancient scrolls"

Notice how its all non battle rappers trying to battle and not even understanding the basic conduct of battle rap. Its like a sub culture and these guys who can make songs (with hooks) have no idea how to conduct themselves and eventually take the embarassing L.

further proof when freeway battled cassidy and was like "yo, play me a beat....." i don't even know if he knew he had just conceded defeat.
Charles Hamilton getting wrecked by Rone is up there too.

It's not just that, if you watch Joe's performance he has some of the corniest delivery I've ever heard. He's literally rapping like all the white cornball battle rappers (a lot like Rone above). Which, sure, I wouldn't have a problem with, if Joe didn't already have a great acapella voice and spend his entire promo for this battle acting like it's light work for rappers to get in the ring. Which it's not. Battle rap fans are fickle, especially in NY. If you say something that isn't hot, they'll boo you for it. And Budden is up there acting like he doesn't deserve to get booed, or like he never got booed in his life before.

I haven't watched the battle since battle rap is wack to me (I'll wait until some smart Jews manage to make it watchable for viewers, up the production values, and bring in decent sponsors) but from what I've heard Joe took a huge L. If he had just...lost, no one would be dogging him. Most people assumed he'd lose. But to lose in this fashion is just laughable.
Lol this was Total Slaughter, and you got pretty much the worst thing yet. This weekend proved production and sponsors don't buy you a better performance, and currently the big and small league battles are not unwatchable. I mean if you're not satisfied with something like Daylyt vs. Chilla Jones (which is probably battle of the year thus far, btw, you should watch it), I don't know what you're looking for.

Budden took a pretty clear L. They failed to sell out Hammerstein Ballroom, he proved he couldn't get in that ring, and he also proved that despite claiming himself to be such a superior lyricist who could get in that ring based on his writing ability alone that he ended up being no better than the proving grounds battles we get released every week. Those PG ninjas would MURK Joe Budden. Budden has no excuse either, Mickey Factz did better than him in the ring and Budden has proven over the past few months he watches a lot of battle rap and is very well in tune with the culture.

Budden's mixtape acumen/importance can't really be questioned. And while 50 Cent was doing that earlier, Budden was doing very well for himself with it. Also his social media game was better than everyone's at the beginning.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Budden's mixtape acumen/importance can't really be questioned. And while 50 Cent was doing that earlier, Budden was doing very well for himself with it. Also his social media game was better than everyone's at the beginning.

Yea, it's pretty crazy how forward thinking he was...and then he fell completely off. Regardless of how poor I feel his music has gotten or him as a person, at one point I would have figured if one rapper was on the ball with emergent technology, it was him. NOPE, not anymore. smh.

mooooose

You can tell Jay Z is from the big daddy Kane school of rap and live performances while Jay Elec is just a lazy bum. Jay Z doesn't even want Jay E to do those little interjections as he is completely focused on spitting every word.
That's bullshit. I have never seen a video of either of them live, and I just watched all of them from the show, and Jay Z is doing more adlibs during Shiny Suit Theory than Jay Elec did during any particular song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom