• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayDat

This ain't his first L lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4gjR3ZRyy-s

KnobbyThatAdder.gif

Generic as hell, but this song isn't terrible. Can't hate on the kid.
ibkVIg8bFI0Sx3.png

Cudder

just finished Californication. overall I liked it. Seasons 5 and 6 were trash, though. I thought they brought back a good final season though. everything being wrapped with a bow at the end was vey safe but whatever.

Tokubetsu

just finished Californication. overall I liked it. Seasons 5 and 6 were trash, though. I thought they brought back a good final season though. everything being wrapped with a bow at the end was vey safe but whatever.

Season 4 ending was the real series finale. Karen and Hank parting ways on good terms and being okay with it. They couldn't top it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Season 4 ending was the real series finale. Karen and Hank parting ways on good terms and being okay with it. They couldn't top it.

yeah I thnk i watched 3 episodes of season 5 and was like "nope I'm done" :\

I'm not going to lie i kind of want to see the season after 4 to check out the women but i don't have the patience to wade through it

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Shield is a good show but it's a bit bloated with filler episodes and a little too xtreme at times. Not really classic TV until the last few seasons which is rare since most shows struggle with the home stretch.

The Shield is a good show but it's a bit bloated with filler episodes and a little too xtreme at times. Not really classic TV until the last few seasons which is rare since most shows struggle with the home stretch.

Agreed, at times the show is too crazy. I've been rewatching S2 and just saw the part where there's this big music montage at the beginning that ends with a guy walking into the police station with a bag, taking a severed arm out of it, and placing it on a cop's desk. Come on lol. Shit was shmega corny.

I'm still dragging my way through S3. It's cool and all, but cop/crime drama is the most played out thing in the history of television.

It's funny, cause when I started watching Treme it really hit me how many Drama shows are cop dramas.

I can understand burning out on them, but then again, I just got hooked on the Bridge. Which is pretty much a Cop show about Cops on both sides of the Border.

Let's see if True Detective can come back strong again. I have my doubts. Really looking forward to S2 but who knows how it'll go with a new cast and new location. Plus I'm still feeling burned from Homeland S2. Having a great first season doesn't mean shit.

I don't even like the shield like that, but it's pretty ???? to compare a single great season to an entire TV show. We'll see how good TD is after 7 seasons.

Forreal. Considering True Detective started slipping on the landing of what was only an 8 episode season, come back to me in 5 years and/or after the series finale. The Shield more than holds its own unless you take issue with over the top Kurt Sutter type drama.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I really don't like when TV shows go out of their element, or sometimes get "too extra" for their own good. I think I'll pass on The Shield.

I like never watch TV shows but checked out Game of Thrones recently. Don't know if it's as mindblowing as how revered it is, but it is definitely engaging and even more addictive.

iavi

As soon as I finish up OITNB S2 I'll probably move onto True Detective.

I'm going through S2 of OITNB right now too. Season 2 is good, but it ain't as good as one so far. I'm on ep 6. Vee bringing in the cutthroat prison politics and stirring strife within the blacks has brought the show down a lot.

Piper's complete shedding of her valley girl persona by S2 is the funniest shit, though.

Tokubetsu

I'm going through S2 of OITNB right now too. Season 2 is good, but it ain't as good as one so far. I'm on ep 6. Vee bringing in the cutthroat prison politics and stirring strife within the blacks has brought the show down a lot.

Piper's complete shedding of her valley girl persona by S2 is the funniest shit, though.

It's better than the first season if only because it has way less Piper in it.

Actually finished The Shield yesterday. Definitely over the top at times but it finishes insanely strongly. This thread definitely was what pushed me over the edge to start watching it and it took me like six months to get through it but it was definitely worth it though damn that finale.

iavi

It's better than the first season if only because it has way less Piper in it.

S2 Piper is fire. I wish it focused on her more now than it did with her and Larry the lame.

Toku gets it the show is so much better when they focus on its superior supporting cast.

It's not focusing on the supporting cast anymore than it's just focusing on Vee's--who's new--bullshit, though. I'm not a fan.

And the Darya plot-line is a thread I wish would end sooner than later, to mention another major supporting cast plot thread.

Idk man, if you had told me before True Detective came out that, I'd be hooked on a Cop Drama with Woody from Cheers and that guy from EDTv I'd have called you liar. I gotta see how it plays out.
This is the one consternating thought I had while typing out that post. Reading all those McConaughey interviews where he maps out his method in becoming that character was some serious :lupe: shit. And watching the show again, he really became that character; he completely sold me on the idea of Rust Cohle while keeping me in the narrative, which is not easy to do when to do when the actor is a AAA movie star (or whatever, close enough). Woody's done southern crime shit before (I'm thinking No Country specifically) and his character doesn't have that charismatic gravity that Matthew's does, so :yeshrug:.

Haven't seen In Bruges save the last ~15 minutes but from my impressions, the writing was some next level shit. TD's was too but if that's what it takes to make Folin Carrell whatchable:
mjlol.png

T Dollarz

I'm on S2 of OitNB ep.11 now and damn this season is good but I think a bit more flawed than the first season. The power struggle that Vee brought in is definitely one of them. Shit is so racially divisive now. I miss the fun of season 1. Also really miss the dynamic between Alex and Piper. Hell, even Larry's story was made more interesting in the first season. But all this being said, this show reminds me of Lost in that the expanded cast of characters are so interesting and fleshed out that it makes up for the flaws in the plot. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, watched 3 episodes last night. But yeah, I liked the tone of the first season a bit more.

Touching on some other shows, I think I would have watched The Shield by now if it were on Netflix. One day it will happen. True Detective was fucking incredible and standing as a single season of television might be the best I have ever seen.

Also Artful Dodger, Justified, man. Last season was so bad. But prior, excellent show and super underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom