• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Yes to Californication 1-4.

C09Shn4.gif

RP912

Banned
I been on the decline for tv shows after the end of breaking bad. They just don't draw me in like how they used to. The only thing I watch is probably chopped and bizarre foods.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
At least that's what I assume Weekend does whenever he sees Drake and Partynextdoor in the club.

I like PND and he's put out a few strong tracks, but yeah he's mostly average. I think the closest comparison would be to Ty Dolla $ign and he's already shown a lot more potential. Paranoid is my shit.

I been on the decline for tv shows after the end of breaking bad. They just don't draw me in like how they used to. The only thing I watch is probably chopped and bizarre foods.

You're missing out. There's been some great shows.

Idk if any of you saw it when it was airing but Treme is an amazing drama about post-Katrina New Orleans

True Detective
Sopranos
The Shield

Idk about Californication, and I'm watching OITNB but getting kinda tired of it. So ehhh

I haven't watched OITNB but I just have a feeling it's not for me. But I've had TV adhd lately, I can't will myself to watch anything. Still haven't watched the new 24 season outside of the first ep (which was meh), really all I've done is rewatch some of The Shield lately.

Can't wait for Downton Abbey to come back, although it's on a downturn. And Homeland S4 should be interesting.

Tokubetsu

I really liked The Bridge

It took a bit of a nose-dive towards the end of S1 but season 2 seems to be stepping up it's game.

The problem with the bridge was that main plotline was garbage and the showrunner knew it (it's an adaptation fo some scandinavian show). So they jetisonned it quick. This new season is all new shit though. Gonna be good, a lot of TV critics with advanced screeners are still praising it and they're like four episodes ahead of us.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's a great show...well, it was in S1. The second season was the beginning of the soap opera twists and nonsense. S3 was sort of a rebound, S4 was eh ok...

I love the characters, man. Even when it's bad I can't help but watch do to that.

You get a Honorary CAC Card for that shit. It's like a ghetto pass that gets you 20 percent of Jamba Juice.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I need to get on Hannibal. I've been writing it off since network TV is atrocious 99.9% of the time but apparently it's an exception.

WanderingWind

I need to get on Hannibal. I've been writing it off since network TV is atrocious 99.9% of the time but apparently it's an exception.

It was a hard sell. A) A network drama and B) Another retread of a character well worn into the ground.

But despite that, it's actually good. And it doesn't pull any punches with the material either, which is shocking. I still can't eat mushrooms like I used to.

WanderingWind

And with that, Jay Electronica can just go fuck himself. He is a legend of unfulfilled potential, nothing more. How can he be so full of himself without a single record sale to his name?

Jebus him, Lupe and Budden need to form a super group of fucking rap losers.

RP912

Banned
Smh I was never a Jay fan. Dude spends most of his time complaining and brainstorming instead of dropping a fucking album. Dude contemplates and tweets like it's creating a 'buzz".

Esch

Banned
your wrong. man Kirk is like the 80's rappers, a pioneer of his trade.

Yeah Picard was a better manager and diplomat. However, thats because he didn't have to regularly kill alien combatants with his bare hands while juggling green punany on the side. Give kirk credit for getting the job done and having fun while doing it.
You know I never even thought of that. You might actually have a point there; like it makes more sense for Kirk to be a bit of a moron because he was on a frontier wild west style.

And just now...

JayElectronica: ps if Hov, Nas & other greats and legends recognise me as one of the greats and a legend, what do i care about Your little #amateur opinion?
Such a waste, man... But, I'm done feeling some type of way about Jay Elec, especially in 2014. If he releases shit, that's cool. If not, well fuck that ninja.

He literally did this last year and the year before. IIRC in December 2012 he posted a pic of him with Just Blaze, allegedly finishing the album (mastering).
He even posted a screenshot of the album in his iTunes library either last year or two years ago; I think I remember one tracks having a Kanye feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom