• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Man people not liking Massive Attack, Portishead, and James Blake is reeking havoc upon my psyche right now. I'm drunk, but the first question I have for these people is a rather significant one. Do you have ears?

izQMD9eLnVz9K.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Man people not liking Massive Attack, Portishead, and James Blake is reeking havoc upon my psyche right now. I'm drunk, but the first question I have for these people is a rather significant one. Do you have ears?

don't worry about them Des. there's plenty of us already at the alter, they'll learn someday... just not today.

gunna go put on my OP of Protection and vape a bit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Doesn't Kendrick have a girlfriend? I don't see him as the type to be trickin' on hoes or getting groupie love.

Then again, for all we know this dude does have a dark side, and maybe his GF was an accomplice too. I do agree, it's crazy enough to be true.

If true, the backlash would be nothing short of epic. Would probably create some of the biggest meltdowns ever seen in hip-hop.

Gonna call bullshit. It's 2014 brehs. If any celebrity does just about anything it's all over twitter within hours. You're gonna tell me Kendrick Lamar beat the shit out of some girl a month ago and nobody knew about it? And no sites are reporting it, outside of some off brand shit I've never heard of? I bet if I dig even deeper I'll find a site claiming Jimmy Iovine called some shots to get it swept under the rug.

Nah. Fuckouttahere.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've never had Baklava, but even coming from indian sweets as a frame of reference that shit looks like it gives entire communities heart problems in one go.

Esch

Banned
I've never had Baklava, but even coming from indian sweets as a frame of reference that shit looks like it gives entire communities heart problems in one go.

tbh a lot of indian-arabic-mediterranean sweets taste really similar. lots of honey, condensed or dried milk or yogurt, chopped/dried/powdered nuts etc. dat aryan diaspora

jQ850ZrJNnh1V.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'll take some homemade baklava any day of the week. My roommates mom send him some every month. Shit's so good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cipha's Comedy Corner with DJ Mustard. I don't know if this is relevant really, but I marked it at the timestamp where DJ Mustard talks about that photoshop of DJ Mustard's piano lmao This is pretty funny, they're just chilling and telling jokes.

The other two comedian guys are pretty funny too. When they have the GOAT producer discussion:

Cipha: I'd.. I guess I'd probably have to go with Dre.
Dude on the left: Imma have to go with Scott Storch.
Cipha: Scott Storch?
Dude in the middle: Scott Storch?!
Dude on the left: Nah I'm just bullshitting you.

Mustard's reaction lmao

Esch

Banned
do you even gulab jamun brah

inQO8tmGXKWSn.GIF

Shit is uncontrolled sweet breh. It's awful, and I'm half guju, we sweet our way right into diabetes. Jalebi too. Shit is carbs dripping with sugar. There's no subtlety, no bitterness, no sourness, no salt. Just sugar on top of sugar, literally. Awful garbage. This is the shit that's killing off members of the community.

Gajar ka halwa remains the GOAT.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
inQO8tmGXKWSn.GIF

Shit is uncontrolled sweet breh. It's awful, and I'm half guju, we sweet our way right into diabetes. Jalebi too. Shit is carbs dripping with sugar. There's no subtlety, no bitterness, no sourness, no salt. Just sugar on top of sugar, literally. Awful garbage. This is the shit that's killing off members of the community.

Gajar ka halwa remains the GOAT.
Gulab jamum and jalebi are the two worst by far, and it is 100% of the reason why health is so terrible in our community.

I don't even know what the last thing you mentioned is though LOL
guju food in general is that shit I don't like man, haven't had good experiences

Esch

Banned
Gulab jamum and jalebi are the two worst by far, and it is 100% of the reason why health is so terrible in our community.

I don't even know what the last thing you mentioned is though LOL
guju food in general is that shit I don't like man, haven't had good experiences

Thats cause guju food sucks. My mom rarely allowed it to be cooked in the house lol, way too overcooked and too much sweet and fried shit. Thats why gujus be dying of diabetes by age 65 and shit. How you not gonna have diabetes if you eat rice and bread with every meal, are a vegetarian (so you're probably gonna eat less protein) and eat straight up sugar for desert.

Gajar ka halwa is the carrot one.

carrothalwatopview.jpg

codhand

I'm listening to James Blake's first album for the first time right now

just wait till the collab

astralman2Gif02.gif
astralman2Gif02.gif

Portishead and Massive Attack are innovators with classics though.

I can concede that James Blake and Flylo are innovators too, i just don't really vibe with the music they make. [shrugs]

I understand not liking Daft Punk, but the production quality is bar none. But that last album was some
logginsmessina.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom