• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Also, on the last page. The problem with the GAF-Hop tape was never the producers. At any given time in GAF-Hop we've had ATLEAST 2-3 solid producers working. The issue was always dudes wanting to rap.

Pretty sure if you raided peterboys, cacs and I's project folder right now we could probably drop a solid and varied 6-8 track thing right now, just intstrumentals.

Also, on the last page. The problem with the GAF-Hop tape was never the producers. At any given time in GAF-Hop we've had ATLEAST 2-3 solid producers working. The issue was always dudes wanting to rap.

Pretty sure if you raided peterboys, cacs and I's project folder right now we could probably drop a solid and varied 6-8 track thing right now, just intstrumentals.

Son.. I got bars
prison cell

deli2000

Top 10 Kanye songs:

POWER
Jesus Walks
Flashing Lights
Blood On The Leaves
Touch The Sky
Devil In A New Dress
Hey Mama
All Falls Down
Runaway
Lost In The World/Who Will Survive in America?

DominoKid

Maybe 50-100.

Not even in the top half on 808s.

it's actually my favorite on 808s. according to LastFM i've listened to it 20+ times more than the next highest Kanye song which is Amazing. actually the first 5/8 songs are all from 808s. that's weird.

my top 10 Ye songs on quality would be made up of songs from this list.
Blame Game
Christian Dior Denim Flow
Mercy
Two Words
Drive Slow
We Major
Can't Tell Me Nothing
Flashing Lights
Say You Will
Can't Hold My Liquor
Power
Spaceship
Last Call

so shit i'd probably say Robocop would hit around 20-30 now that i've actually thought about it.

robocop's a good song though I think I'm becoming one of those dudes whose favorite kanye album is 808s

chance and juicy j are both coming to my school (separately) but the venue is awful. decisions

deli2000

I see no problem with gaf-hop doing an instrumental tape. I would be down for that. I don't think there are enough people to actually provide bars on the forum though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
808s is weird for me. It's very well put together, and if I get in the mood :)sadboys:) it's one of the few albums I can listen straight through (even from Kanye's disco), but songs like Robocop/Paranoid/Street Lights I don't come back to individually often, and Love Lockdown never.

Courage

808s is weird for me. It's very well put together, and if I get in the mood :)sadboys:) it's one of the few albums I can listen straight through (even from Kanye's disco), but songs like Robocop/Paranoid/Street Lights I don't come back to individually often, and Love Lockdown never.

Nah breh, I always skip and never revisit See You In Nightmares. Now that's a shit song.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nah breh, I always skip and never revisit See You In Nightmares. Now that's a shit song.
Nah that song has such a unique flow and vibe to it. Don't think Wayne is offensive on it either.

Love Lockdown is bottom 5 Kanye song though. Drunk & Hot Girls tier.

Courage

Love Lockdown is bottom 5 Kanye song though. Drunk & Hot Girls tier.

Maybe, but it's still a good song.

Kanye has very few average/bad songs. Drunk & Hot Girls, See You In My Nightmares, Champion, The New Workout Plan. That's about it.

Now y'all know damn well Pinocchio Story is a skip classic on 808.

If I'm in a certain mood I'll listen to the whole thing. But yeah, if I'm just casually listening to 808s it's getting a skip.

Street Lights is amazing.

I downloaded the Makonnen tape, only really fuck with that Molly song and Tuesday.. and by fuck with, I mean skip it after the first minute or so.

Skimmed through that new Wiz album
kttcoligarbage

Man.. Kush & OJ was so good too. Shit, his debut album wasn't that bad either.

I did like Taylor Allderdice though.. Cabin Fever wasn't bad either.. but this album is just trash.

overcast

See You In My Nightmares and Robocop are auto skips for sure.

Street Lights and Say You Will are probably my favorite tracks off 808's, but Street Lights immediately makes me super sad no matter my mood. It's weird.

Tokubetsu

This is why I don't take none of y'alls opinions on Kanye seriously. "Love Lockdown is bottom tier Kanye song" and none of you put Amazin on your lists. Lol get out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is why I don't take none of y'alls opinions on Kanye seriously. "Love Lockdown is bottom tier Kanye song" and none of you put Amazin on your lists. Lol get out.
Amazing is a top 20 Kanye song. Probably that and Welcome To Heartbreak are the two from 808s that I'd put in top 20.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd be really interested in seeing your list enzo, if you feel like making one.
Just for it to be the inverse of your list? :p There's too many, and TBH I like songs for way different reasons for them to put them together, but just based on how much I like them. Probably my Top 25:

1. Family Business
2. Never Let Me Down
3. Welcome To Heartbreak
4. Can't Tell Me Nothing
5. Blame Game
6. So Appalled
7. Guilt Trip
8. Jesus Walks
9. Spaceship
10. Amazing
11. Drive Slow
12. Dark Fantasy
13. Hey Mama
14. Power
15. New Slaves
16. Gorgeous
17. Everything I Am
18. Homecoming / Home
19. Coldest Winter
20. Pinocchio Story
21. Two Words
22. I Am A God
23. On Sight
24. Christian Dior Denim Flow
25. All of the Lights

I put too much thought into this and I'm still unsatisfied. Would take hours to order properly but I can say the top 5 or 6 are pretty much a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom