• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for it to be the inverse of your list? :p There's too many, and TBH I like songs for way different reasons for them to put them together, but just based on how much I like them. Probably my Top 25:

1. Family Business
2. Never Let Me Down
3. Welcome To Heartbreak
4. Can't Tell Me Nothing
5. Blame Game
6. So Appalled
7. Guilt Trip
8. Jesus Walks
9. Spaceship
10. Amazing
11. Drive Slow
12. Dark Fantasy
13. Hey Mama
14. Power
15. New Slaves
16. Gorgeous
17. Everything I Am
18. Homecoming / Home
19. Coldest Winter
20. Pinocchio Story
21. Two Words
22. I Am A God
23. On Sight
24. Christian Dior Denim Flow
25. All of the Lights

I put too much thought into this and I'm still unsatisfied. Would take hours to order properly but I can say the top 5 or 6 are pretty much a lock.

dudleywinpose.gif

You know how it ends enzo. U trash for that list, but it happens.

Tokubetsu

Family Business #1? Guilt Trip over Drive Slow (the only good song on LR). Even Enzo's list is garbage. Hilarious.

Don't even know why I'm surprised. Enzo IS the type of dude to say Family Business is the best Kanye song.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Family Business #1? Guilt Trip over Drive Slow (the only good song on LR). Even Enzo's list is garbage. Hilarious.

Don't even know why I'm surprised. Enzo IS the type of dude to say Family Business is the best Kanye song.
Family Business is the best Kanye song. Drive Slow WISHES it was Family Business. You can probably find a post in these GAF-Hop threads somewhere of me saying it's the best Kanye song though, I'll bet you that.

Drive Slow should probably be over Guilt Trip, yeah, like I said, would take years to order, only really gave a fuck about the first 5 or so. Guilt Trip is just something else production-wise though.

Feels like dude is about to just drop his most thoughtful project.
Am I going crazy or is ILoveMakonnen garbage?
I'm really not sure how I feel about him yet honestly. He has some shit I really fuck with but then other shit that make my head scratch.

i fuck with this song though, but I also like Key!
Also, on the last page. The problem with the GAF-Hop tape was never the producers. At any given time in GAF-Hop we've had ATLEAST 2-3 solid producers working. The issue was always dudes wanting to rap.

Pretty sure if you raided peterboys, cacs and I's project folder right now we could probably drop a solid and varied 6-8 track thing right now, just intstrumentals.
This isn't all the way true

breh you just bought yourself an L with that thread, don't come back in here for safety

not to mention you just said a few days ago that Backyard was the best song off of DBR lmao

drugs, you shouldn't try them

the fact you like that trash tells tales breh

don't make me find you at shoppers world breh

Tokubetsu

I've been listening to DBR a lot since it dropped and I couldn't tell you right now, off the top of my head, what "Backyard" sounds like. Blackule lost.

I'm gonna go against Enzo and say my favorite Ye song is probably his most baldly commercial one, "Slow Jamz". It's a masterpiece of production and composition. It's just over three minutes long but packs in more ideas than most albums. It's a song with no less than three featured artists and a prominent high pitched vocal sample from ol' Vandross. The whole thing is built on the same repeating loop that escalates into the same descending bass figure like clockwork every ten seconds or so, so the song is all chorus. Everything fits together perfectly: the three vocalists create a sense of place as well as a consistent tone. It feels like a party. There's a level of technique and craft on display that just doesn't happen very often in pop music.

I've been listening to DBR a lot since it dropped and I couldn't tell you right now, off the top of my head, what "Backyard" sounds like. Blackule lost.

Backyard is basically that one song that's made just to satisfy the chumps that don't fuck with zero trap music at all. Perfect test really

Esch

Banned
breh you just bought yourself an L with that thread, don't come back in here for safety

not to mention you just said a few days ago that Backyard was the best song off of DBR lmao

drugs, you shouldn't try them
Maybe drugs would improve count blackule a little. Round the edges off that square.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm gonna go against Enzo and say my favorite Ye song is probably his most baldly commercial one, "Slow Jamz". It's a masterpiece of production and composition. It's just over three minutes long but packs in more ideas than most albums. It's a song with no less than three featured artists and a prominent high pitched vocal sample from ol' Vandross. The whole thing is built on the same repeating loop that escalates into the same descending bass figure like clockwork every ten seconds or so, so the song is all chorus. Everything fits together perfectly: the three vocalists create a sense of place as well as a consistent tone. It feels like a party. There's a level of technique and craft on display that just doesn't happen very often in pop music.
Good rationale.

Real rap, I just relate to the content of Family Business. I think it appeals to the human side of Kanye most and it's sort of an anchor for how I went about getting into his music, moreso than stuff like All Falls Down or Through The Wire (surprised I didn't get jumped for not having that up there), and there's nothing really like it conceptually in Kanye's entire discography.

Really, I just go off of feel, not really about how impressive it is. Can't Tell Me Nothing is up there because you immediately know what it is when the song comes on. Never Let Me Down is up there because the boy J-Ivy is up there doing spoken word and in pretty much any other circumstance I would turn that shit off but there's mad quotables. Guilt Trip is up there because it's the most otherworldly sounding shit he's done, and off of production alone. It's hard to even put into words why it's so great. Its spacey with some really earthy drums at the same time, it continues to escalate, it sounds like you're ready to lift off in a spaceship to save humanity. Blame Game is up there because, just like in Runaway, it's that sit down and think about life music. Voices talking back and forth, soft voices saying crude things, devilish voices saying honest things, etc. It just comes together very well.

Tokubetsu

I'm leveling a Diablo 3 seasonal character. Recommend me some soundscape shit Esch

I've just been looping Sade, Twigs and Cyndi Lauper.

Esch

Banned
I'm leveling a Diablo 3 seasonal character. Recommend me some soundscape shit Esch

I've just been looping Sade, Twigs and Cyndi Lauper.

You should listen to some Neptune Towers for sure. I also like playing Electric Doom Synthesis if I'm playing a depressing dungeon crawler. Also, the Dead Can Dance s/t since I know u like them female vocals bae

Also neofolk is pretty good for that. Some Sol Invictus could be dope and Of Wand and Moon. I also think googling around some Martial Industrial in general would be a good use of your time. Always meant to ask if you were into that shit.

Also. Stars of the Lid.

cacophony

conway top 10 songs of all times

1. DIAND
2. The Glory
3. Through The Wire
4. Can't Tell Me Nothing
5. Power
6. We Don't Care
7. Lost In The World
8. I'm In It
9. Touch The Sky
10. Gorgeous

non-album: Christian Dior Denim Flow until Kid Cudi comes in and ruins everything

Tokubetsu

I shot 600 ml of heroin into my dick once

There is a story behind this and I don't know why you haven't shared it yet.
You should listen to some Neptune Towers for sure. I also like playing Electric Doom Synthesis if I'm playing a depressing dungeon crawler. Also, the Dead Can Dance s/t since I know u like them female vocals bae

Also neofolk is pretty good for that. Some Sol Invictus could be dope and Of Wand and Moon. I also think googling around some Martial Industrial in general would be a good use of your time. Always meant to ask if you were into that shit.

Also. Stars of the Lid.

Peeping!

Count turning into Ken Masters out there. Fleeing from GAF Hop to the OT, kanye cycle got him shook.

lol

nice to see enzo give some love to jesus walks
crazy song no way around it

also nice to see college dropout getting so much love

dont sleep on Late though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom