• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
fuck

edit: well didn't mean for this to be an individual post but the point still stands

cacophony

kanye stans are a different breed

tumblr_n02wj93o2f1rfw7flo1_400.gif

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
damn, that brings me back to the Yu-Gi-Oh days at day care.

times were much simpler back then.

BobDylan

so ive gotta tell someone about this. currently on a trip out to LA and decided to stop into the supreme store today. walked in and 30 seconds later turned around and Tyler the creator was there. not a lot of people in the store and no one was paying attention to him so I walked up to him and told him how I loved his music/style and everything that he was doing outside of music. he was super nice and humbled to everything I was saying. very appreciative and genuine. It made a huge impact on me and made me respect the dude so much more. we talked pretty briefly but ill never forget it. made my trip out here totally worth it. golf wang

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First impressions - You're Dead

Kendrick verse actually gets worse on repeated listens, quite a feat. It's like he's struggling to keep up with the momentum of the beat, and he doesn't have the energy or isn't really saying anything to carry it.

Gets real good about 6 songs in with Dead Man's Tetris, then falls off again 8 songs later with Moment of Hesitation and then starts to pick up again by the end. All the jazzy parts where it sounds like dude is trying to remix the Sim City 3000 OST are the low points, and the more electronic compositions are far more interesting, at least in my opinion.

codhand

currently on a trip out to LA and decided to stop into the supreme store today. walked in and 30 seconds later turned around and Tyler the creator was there.

I mean does he really just chill at Supreme all day, like Perci P chilled outside of Fat Beats?

cool story though, not hating, just find it funny you found Tyler exactly where I expected him to be

Dereck

First impressions - You're Dead

Kendrick verse actually gets worse on repeated listens, quite a feat. It's like he's struggling to keep up with the momentum of the beat, and he doesn't have the energy or isn't really saying anything to carry it.
Him existing on the track is little unnecessary.

I don't care for FlyLo's jammy tracks, but when he tries to actually create a song its great. Those tracks sound like the electronic compositions. However, when there's a vocalist, mainly rappers, he tends to get carried away, the snoop song especially suffering from being way too busy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Him existing on the track is little unnecessary.
Very much so.

I don't care for FlyLo's jammy tracks, but when he tries to actually create a song its great. Those tracks sound like the electronic compositions. However, when there's a vocalist, mainly rappers, he tends to get carried away, the snoop song especially suffering from being way too busy.
I think in general he has a problem with tracks being too busy, but at the same time, I think that's also integral to his style and probably why some like him. I just think it comes across as overdone. It's like filling a glass of water to the very top to the point where you can see the curvature at the top. Everything and the kitchen sink all the time, without it necessarily coming off as lush.

Yoooooo, Joey Bada$$ on Slum Villain though

6JwqSio.gif

Usually don't really fuck with this dude, and I dunno if it's Statik's groovy-as-fuck beat, but I'm so feeling this. Now I just want to hear Smif-n-Wessun circa 1993 all over some uptempo jazz ish, lol.

Esch

Banned
This nipsey fashawn beef and the responses to it are hilarious. Reminds me of the old gaf hop lines being drawn in the sand between 'real hip hop' and everyone else

Tech N9ne mentions Jay Rock leaving Strange Music

*** Tech N9ne freestyling on Eminem's "The Way I Am" (0:00)
- Not knowing how to swim (1:04)
- Waka Flocka VS. Busta Rhymes (2:08)
- His upcoming album "Special Effects" (2:44)
- JAY ROCK Leaving Strange Music (3:34)
*** Tech N9ne listens to Kendrick's new single live on cam (4:00)
- His (very) weird guilty pleasure (5:51)
- If he could rid the world of one evil . . (8:03)
- Breaking Eminem's "Rap God" Guinness World Record (9:15)

Whole interview is pretty cool.

Told y'all Rock was having label issues tho, that's why he couldn't come out

Kwixotik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp7CYvh8FwA

This is fascinating. The new Mastodon video includes a psychedelic kaleidoscope of booty. I can barely even form coherent thoughts about this.

Also I'm glad some of y'all love Russian Roulette as much as I do. And I was with the criticism of Kendrick on the Flylo track at first, but it's growing on me and I think the album is great.

thabiz

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

oh wait. its mustard. carry on.

Tech N9ne mentions Jay Rock leaving Strange Music

*** Tech N9ne freestyling on Eminem's "The Way I Am" (0:00)
- Not knowing how to swim (1:04)
- Waka Flocka VS. Busta Rhymes (2:08)
- His upcoming album "Special Effects" (2:44)
- JAY ROCK Leaving Strange Music (3:34)
*** Tech N9ne listens to Kendrick's new single live on cam (4:00)
- His (very) weird guilty pleasure (5:51)
- If he could rid the world of one evil . . (8:03)
- Breaking Eminem's "Rap God" Guinness World Record (9:15)

Whole interview is pretty cool.

Told y'all Rock was having label issues tho, that's why he couldn't come out

Tech N9ne is a talent rapper that I just can't get into. Last album of his I could somewhat stomach was the one in 2006 but thats it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom