• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

Yeah, it's unjustified when Barca did it because of their (former) creativity and touch. That team, where it was so amazing, was based off of Messi and other La Masia guys that had grown up with that as their bread and butter. Bayern aren't made up of the same types. It's a lot of BvB players that have gone from playing breakneck gegenpressball to this, along with some other dudes :troll: . I fux with some of the players on there, but largely, as a unit. fuck em.

i agree with the rest of what you said though. and yeah toure and a lot of them are starting to get long in the tooth. I expect him especially to be at a smaller club soon.

I agree with you that Barcelona executes the style in a more natural way, but it's still mostly boring as fuck to watch, especially when playing against competent opponents that know how to close up space and players have to pass the ball around on their side of the field just to retain possession. Not to say it can't openup opportunities like Messi's goal today, where you just nail that string of passes and also looks exhilarating; instances like this are far in between now that coaches had time to adapt to it.

Kinda goes to show Klopp > Guardiola as of right now. Guardiola is trying to carry over tactics to a team that isn't cut for it, instead of trying to understand the team he's working with, studying the strengths and weaknesses of particular players. In reality, he probably does do this, but still ends up trying to accommodate the team to his set ways. At least Klopp's gegenpressing contains the opportunity for some exciting soccer, as it relies on aggression and counter attacking.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Alright GAF-HOP, I'm ready to join. I used to not be a huge rap fan, but I've turned the corner the past few months. I've heard some of the classics before like illmatic.

Right I'm on going through Kanye's entire discography and shit is fantastic. The few couple albums are the best lyrically, but they are all good. The beats are my favorite. If you take away the vocals I could listen to these instrumentals non-stop.
Add these:
Geto Boys - Till Death Do Us Part
Scarface - The Diary

overcast

Oh hell yeah, Antwon opens for Ratking when I see them in October. Then Ratking opens for Run the Jewels when I see them in November. October/November should be fantastic for music, games, concerts and movies.

Just need to stay focused on those classes and use those as rewards.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm familiar with DMX, Dre, and Doggs albums. Love them.

This common CD is really good. Digging it.

In a link to my original post, Gone is Kanye's best song. The instrumental break followed by the start of his verse with the Uh uh uhhhhh, uh uh huh uhhhhh, uh uhhhh onnnn, is god tier and get's me fuckin pumped.

Is urban legend T.I.'s best album?

Be is a must-listen if you're a fan of Common and Ye

Esch

Banned
I agree with you that Barcelona executes the style in a more natural way, but it's still mostly boring as fuck to watch, especially when playing against competent opponents that know how to close up space and players have to pass the ball around on their side of the field just to retain possession. Not to say it can't openup opportunities like Messi's goal today, where you just nail that string of passes and also looks exhilarating; instances like this are far in between now that coaches had time to adapt to it.
I mean like you're acknowledging implicitly here yeah it's easy to talk down on tiki taka now because it's been deciphered. That doesn't mean that when it was the shit, it wasn't a marvel :yeshrug. You can say the same things about 90s/00s tekker-crazy Brazilian style and Italian 60s catenaccio, doesn't mean they weren't dope.

IMO Dortmund is the most exciting side stylistically in the world right now, so i agree. And fuck Pep, he's a douche.

You peep any of that book i recommended you?

Courage

I mean like you're acknowledging implicitly here yeah it's easy to talk down on tiki taka now because it's been deciphered. That doesn't mean that when it was the shit, it wasn't a marvel :yeshrug. You can say the same things about 90s/00s tekker-crazy Brazilian style and Italian 60s catenaccio, doesn't mean they weren't dope.

IMO Dortmund is the most exciting side stylistically in the world right now, so i agree. And fuck Pep, he's a douche.

You peep any of that book i recommended you?
Not yet, imma start it this weekend.

Mau ®

Hello my good GAFHOP friends,

HDD has released sales predictions for the biggest Q4 releases, among them is Kanye, Lil'Wayne and Kendrick.

Kanye's numbers aren't looking good bruhs. I blame Kim.

Q4s-potentially-biggest-releases.png

overcast

Mau ®;132367205 said:

HDD has released sales predictions for the biggest Q4 releases, among them is Kanye, Lil'Wayne and Kendrick.

Kanye will do better than Weezy.
Kendrick selling 500k first week.. lol

ill eat a CD if....
Don't do this Caco.

Kendrick can definitely sell 500. It won't have the legs of GKMC though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mau ®;132367205 said:

Lmao @ Kendrick hahahahahahhaha

Kanye's might be a bit high if All Day ends up more similar than not to the leak. That song is going to come and go in a month. I predict 250k for Ye if we were to just throw something out there without considering anything for the album.

I expect 400k for Wayne, but there's like.. no buzz right now. That shit drops in a month.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't see Kendrick doing more than 300k with a single like i. 300k is like TDE stan core audience, I don't see him doing less than 150k.

Kendrick should do the Beyonce thing IMO. Worked for Beyonce, worked for CuDi, should work for Kendrick.

Or if his album is split into acts, do a thing where the first act drops and you can buy the entire album then and there, and then drop the other two parts throughout the week. There's my creative release idea, I'll take my publishing.

CRS

These fools are shitting on you. I'll keep it 90's for now.

Check out a few releases to get started:
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter Da 36 Chambers
GZA - Liquid Swords
Nas - It Was Written
Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Common - Resurrection
Ice Cube - Death Certificate
Scarface - The Diary
Black Star - Self Titled
Mos Def - Black on Both Sides
Notorious BIG - Ready to Die
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Outkast - ATLiens
Outkast - Aquemini

Joey Badass is not very good, pls don't.

Forget these trash albums and get Bone Thugs - E.1999 Eternal, The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II, DJ Quik - Safe + Sound, The Fugees - Ready or Not, The D.O.C. - No One Can Do It Better, and De La Soul - 3 Feet High & Rising

overcast

Forget these trash albums and get Bone Thugs - E.1999 Eternal, The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II, DJ Quik - Safe + Sound, The Fugees - Ready or Not, The D.O.C. - No One Can Do It Better, and De La Soul - 3 Feet High & Rising
Those are good.

"Trash albums"
tumblr_m2y8ke5wIU1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait, why is Kendrick expected to almost sell double Kanyes numbers?
Kendrick has a better story going on right now and Kanye has nothing, when he's had a good story going for every other album.

He's still not gonna sell anywhere close to 500k unless his next single is an absolute game changer. Maybe after Control dropped he could have done it, but he's lost momentum, especially with all of his 2014 output.

I feel like there's a lot of pressure on Kendrick, but not nearly as many eyes watching (or listening, judging by i).

Trey

I don't see Kendrick doing more than 300k with a single like i. 300k is like TDE stan core audience, I don't see him doing less than 150k.

Kendrick should do the Beyonce thing IMO. Worked for Beyonce, worked for CuDi, should work for Kendrick.

Or if his album is split into acts, do a thing where the first act drops and you can buy the entire album then and there, and then drop the other two parts throughout the week. There's my creative release idea, I'll take my publishing.

The cult of personality surrounding Kendrick is a fraction of that of Beyoncé. Only Beyoncé could have pulled that shit off. Jay-Z couldn't even pull that off.

Kanye maybe, but it would have been some esoteric nonsense people would be calling "futuristic" and "game changing" but in reality fades from public consciousness as if it never existed.

overcast

TDE brand is strong, and I think there is correlation between Em fans and Kendrick fans. Casual rap fans are into Kendrick, and if he gets one hit he can pull some pop fans. 400K is a lock if his single gets some spins imo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The cult of personality surrounding Kendrick is a fraction of that of Beyoncé. Only Beyoncé could have pulled that shit off. Jay-Z couldn't even pull that off.

Kanye maybe, but it would have been some esoteric nonsense people would be calling "futuristic" and "game changing" but in reality fades from public consciousness as if it never existed.
I don't think Kanye can risk that with his brand. Anticipation and people talking about Kanye's release is what makes them as big as they are too. People thirsting for what it will sound like is part of the reason why people still fuck with Kanye 10 years after his debut and may even want to drop a bit of money on an album from him.

TDE brand is strong, and I think there is correlation between Em fans and Kendrick fans. Casual rap fans are into Kendrick, and if he gets one hit he can pull some pop fans. 400K is a lock if his single gets some spins imo.
Yeah, the one thing you can say about Kendrick is that he's definitely grown his fanbase and that will help pad his sales. He's been cosigned by everyone, directly, or indirectly. Drake admitted defeat to him. He was on Kanye's tour, I think he toured with Em. The Macklemore/GKMC controversy went mainstream, Control resonates to this day. He is, all things considered, how you say, "dat ninja".

But I still think you need to really captivate the world to do anything over 400k TBH. Last year it was only Jay, Drake and Em. I don't know if Kendrick has earned his right to be in that conversation yet in the public's eyes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lolRosenberg

That dude is BFFs with Amber Rose, of course he would say some shit like this.

Hot97 is getting too reckless for their own good I think. At least Charlamagne kicks that real every once in a while where even people who hate him will come back.

Anyways, each of those sisters are 10x finer than Amber so if you were getting out of that situation anyways, SALUT

10251541_571459109618541_1504499911_a.jpg

vs
amber_rose_2854317.jpg

...amber looked better than both of them when she was pregnant fam

overcast

Yeah, the one thing you can say about Kendrick is that he's definitely grown his fanbase and that will help pad his sales. He's been cosigned by everyone, directly, or indirectly. Drake admitted defeat to him. He was on Kanye's tour, I think he toured with Em. The Macklemore/GKMC controversy went mainstream, Control resonates to this day. He is, all things considered, how you say, "dat ninja".

But I still think you need to really captivate the world to do anything over 400k TBH. Last year it was only Jay, Drake and Em. I don't know if Kendrick has earned his right to be in that conversation yet in the public's eyes.
True. 400K is definitely a huge opening. It largely depends on where he goes musically, name only won't carry him there. Drake will sell that regardless. Idk how much Interscope is banking on Kendrick going plat. If he releases a good album a TDE world tour can bring in tons of revenue.

Two basic Rihanna-look-alikes vs. a thimble-look-a-like

I'll take what's behind door A. If you're gonna go ratchet anyways, she might as well have some hair.

nigga we went through this on xbox

Amber is like Oro from SF3.. holds back her power by staying bald or else basic niggas like me wouldn't be able to handle all the thirst

"ALL I EVER WANTED WAS A MILLION DOLLARS AND A BASIC BITCH" - Enzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom