• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a little low for Kanye imo I could see 350 easily if the single is big then 400k easily. Kendrick isn't that suprising he's coming off the most ACCLIAMED album since MBDTF once the real "single" comes out and the Interscope machine gears up it'll easily clear 400k.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
nigga we went through this on xbox

Amber is like Oro from SF3.. holds back her power by staying bald or else basic niggas like me wouldn't be able to handle all the thirst
The Oro comparison is still the funniest shit ever lmao

I'm laughing just thinking about it.

We tryna act like Amber Rose ain't basic either?

set high expectations for a guy that got smoked by j cole first week sales, brehs
The hate is so strong that reality is distorting around you.

We weep for this dimension you are stuck in.

set high expectations for a guy that got smoked by j cole first week sales, brehs

Kanye was number 1 first week j.cole was first in the third week kanye was projected to do 400k then it leaked and Cole had regular singles and the radio to help overtake a album with no radio play. I will say though this past year could effect the sales immensely the media perception of kanye is horrible plus the kardashian baggage. I could see it hurting his sales.

Esch

Banned

BwkO58sIgAA84xJ.jpg

iCMJM6bcucRxF.gif

Chris R

So quick question... Is festival Yeezy worth it? Or should I just wait to pop my live Yeezy bubble with a proper tour date?

Esch

Banned
Kanye can't break 400k without Jay holding his bipolar hands all the way. Breh gonna go all in imitating him on that single and it's gonna be flat.

iCMJM6bcucRxF.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We gonna talk about how Yeezus didn't influence hip hop at all, whereas GKMC revived the west?

Born Sinner had more impact.
This is "U Mad" in the dictionary right here. Nonsensical comparison followed by saying something that had no impact, having an impact. Keep trying, or let's get some positive buzz going for that sophomore that doesn't have 3 asterisks at the end.

This is "U Mad" in the dictionary right here. Nonsensical comparison followed by saying something that had no impact, having an impact. Keep trying, or let's get some positive buzz going for that sophomore that doesn't have 3 asterisks at the end.

What impact has Yeezus had on anything?
Zc4vQWi.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye's brand can break 400k, but he needs some sort of story and a Mercy-level single and right now there's nothing. This is why I'm not excited for the album. Why should I care about an album that modernizes the soul sample sound with the Yeezus experiments? The vision sounds like it's living in the past instead of looking forward, which is pretty much the opposite of all of the rest of his releases, even LR.

It is severely damaged though. If Kanye does 250k, no one will be surprised.

Let's talk about how the two most anticipated releases from major artists right now both have crummy sounding singles and are expected to close out 2014.

PBY

Banned
Kanye's brand can break 400k, but he needs some sort of story and a Mercy-level single and right now there's nothing. This is why I'm not excited for the album. Why should I care about an album that modernizes the soul sample sound with the Yeezus experiments? The vision sounds like it's living in the past instead of looking forward, which is pretty much the opposite of all of the rest of his releases, even LR.

It is severely damaged though. If Kanye does 250k, no one will be surprised.

Let's talk about how the two most anticipated releases from major artists right now both have crummy sounding singles and are expected to close out 2014.
How is it damaged?

He had a record tour, amazing reviews??

He will continue to prob sell less just as a fxn of aging. Happens to all artists.

Esch

Banned
How is it damaged?

He will continue to prob sell less just as a fxn of aging. Happens to all artists.

Kanye has 0 good PR. He has a lot of stans, but..... Ask people about him offline, they don't fuck with his new music or opinions on it are always split. A lot of people seemed to be chill with MBTDF and Watch the Throne but Yeezus? It's another 808s in terms of public perception. A certain type of guy likes it, but everyone else is like
JgZs64Q.png

Also he's an unlikeable asshole.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How is it damaged?

He was better off not in the media. Post-Swift, anything he does is an opportunity for people to project their self-fulfilling prophecies about dude out there. Just look at the wheelchair incident. Pepper that with some legitimately dumb stuff (I.e. comments about Michelle Obama) and slowly people stop jumping off the purchasing boat even if they'll still play the shit out of his singles and keep their ears open when the shit drops. Kanye wants to do a black empowerment album, everyone starts getting scared and fixing their ties around their necks, Jay deads the idea, don't want to scare white America now. Kanye wants to take risks, stop it Kanye, you went too far left with Yeezus, just keep doing that old stuff. If you liked Kanye because of Stronger and Heartless you might not like him doing other songs today.

Music reviews don't mean shit. Nobody cares when twitter exists. I don't know why they even exist anymore. Jay made a good point on The Breakfast Club when he said that the only reason they were a thing was because magazines got advance copies and could hype it to the world and it could do a milli out the gate straight off of hype. Also our culture is even further individualized today.

PBY

Banned
Kanye has 0 good PR. He has a lot of stans, but..... Ask people about him offline, they don't fuck with his new music or opinions on it are always split. A lot of people seemed to be chill with MBTDF and Watch the Throne but Yeezus? It's another 808s in terms of public perception. A certain type of guy likes it, but everyone else is like
JgZs64Q.png

Also he's an unlikeable asshole.

The Yeezus tour grossed an insane amount of money.

Split opinions are fine, people will stay checking for new shit.

Kanye has really turned a lot of people off with his bullshit. He is now more of an attraction than a respected artist. Say what you will about Hov, he has brilliantly avoided becoming an attraction or "pop personality." He's still Hov, on a bigger stage. Kanye's last album was trash to most people, and since then he has become a running joke and allowed Kim Kardashian to turn him into trash tv fodder.

I used to think Kanye was keeping Hov relevant but maybe I was wrong. Hov was keeping Kanye relevant, brehs. And now that Big Brother is gone, Kanye can't cope. So Kanye released Yeezus; nothing else to say, Kanye released Yeezus. Now he's about to release some MCHG rip off. Based on the snippets and leaks I wouldn't be surprised if Nas' MCHG rip off is hotter.
JgZs64Q.png

Prediction: after the album receives the worst critical response of Kanye's career and underwhelms on the charts, he'll have a public breakdown and get divorced within 6 months.

HiResDes

We gonna talk about how Yeezus didn't influence hip hop at all, whereas GKMC revived the west?

Born Sinner had more impact.
Yeezus had a big impact on independent, mixtape artists... He also acclimated some relatively respected yet underground electronic artists to the hip-hop scene.

If Ye wants mainstream love he could easily do it. Few have more access than him.

If he's making another yeezus...I'll be there day one but lots of people aren't fuxking with that sound, understandably so.

PBY

Banned
Kanye has really turned a lot of people off with his bullshit. He is now more of an attraction than a respected artist. Say what you will about Hov, he has brilliantly avoided becoming an attraction or "pop personality." He's still Hov, on a bigger stage. Kanye's last album was trash to most people, and since then he has become a running joke and allowed Kim Kardashian to turn him into trash tv fodder.

I used to think Kanye was keeping Hov relevant but maybe I was wrong. Hov was keeping Kanye relevant, brehs. And now that Big Brother is gone, Kanye can't cope. So Kanye released Yeezus; nothing else to say, Kanye released Yeezus. Now he's about to release some MCHG rip off. Based on the snippets and leaks I wouldn't be surprised if Nas' MCHG rip off is hotter.
JgZs64Q.png

Prediction: after the album receives the worst critical response of Kanye's career and underwhelms on the charts, he'll have a public breakdown and get divorced within 6 months.

this is top 5 woat pd posts

thats something.

JgZs64Q.png

Jay ain't gone and where are the snippets?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would rather Kanye burn his career to the ground and get signed to Hulkshare Records than he take the by-the-numbers path Jay took. Any day of the week. Let that cannon loose before you end up so creatively bankrupt, bland and above all else, comfortable as Jay has become. If you need that sales or Forbes king crown or something, it's already out of reach for Ye. That's not really what Ye is in the game for. The dude wants to be rich to dump all that money into other creative pursuits at a loss. He would benefit from some of Jay's means but none of his passion. That shit is what makes people stan Ye TBH. Perhaps it's only weirdo creative types, but really that dude's drive and execution is 1 of 1 and fuck any other circumstances. I bet you would see that animal sounds album if they locked him in a zoo with some straw and a microphone.

Also, Jay and Ye are closer than ever, but I'm sure PD knew that already.

Courage

JgZs64Q.png

iJ2oVLuKXWYzm.gif

I can understand the lack of recent mainstream success but he's still the of the most consistent critically acclaimed musical artists as of now. To simply predict his whole album is gonna be critically panned based off a rough leak of one single...

JgZs64Q.png

effzee

I would rather Kanye burn his career to the ground and get signed to Hulkshare Records than he take the by-the-numbers path Jay took. Any day of the week. Let that cannon loose before you end up so creatively bankrupt, bland and above all else, comfortable as Jay has become. If you need that sales or Forbes king crown or something, it's already out of reach for Ye. That's not really what Ye is in the game for. The dude wants to be rich to dump all that money into other creative pursuits at a loss. He would benefit from some of Jay's means but none of his passion. That shit is what makes people stan Ye TBH. Perhaps it's only weirdo creative types, but really that dude's drive and execution is 1 of 1 and fuck any other circumstances. I bet you would see that animal sounds album if they locked him in a zoo with some straw and a microphone.

Also, Jay and Ye are closer than ever, but I'm sure PD knew that already.

Or its because Kanye is more producer than anything else so he has the liberty but also also no other choice but to switch up his sound. You are comparing him to a straight rapper and straight rappers don't really bounce from sound to sound.

this is top 5 woat pd posts

thats something.

Nah. It's classic little brother syndrome brehs. Hov generates massive hype by bringing some of the best producers in hip hop together for a special project. Kanye responds by gathering a who's who of art school drop outs, Trent Reznor wannabes, and Lupe Fiasco.
t6s2I0h.png

Hov gets the hottest chick in the game, Kanye responds by getting Ray J's leftovers.
oqjkRWr.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Or its because Kanye is more producer than anything else so he has the liberty but also also no other choice but to switch up his sound. You are comparing him to a straight rapper and straight rappers don't really bounce from sound to sound.
Good artists period do not stagnate. It's called being creative for a reason. But even besides that, it's totally not in Ye's character to even be satisfied with that sort of thing. I mean you have to know nothing about his personality to make the assumption that his is creative by necessity to keep his bank balance in check.

Jay is not a straight rapper either, nor is he someone who strays away from changing his style up. He's arguably one of the most versatile MCs to touch a mic.

Esch

Banned

JgZs64Q.png

iQsjKn9y4pJPi.gif

I done been saying these words for many moons now.You have to imagine what that's like for Kanye. Jay taught him how to floss. How to bag bad bitches. How to sell clothes. How to make moves. You gotta wonder how difficult it is for Jay to have to play daddy to so many rappers; Kanye, Kendrick, Drake, etc. Nas must have felt the same after Biggie and Pac died. It must be frustrating raising a son like that and have him go from the hottest out, a young star to some type of antisocial tabloid trash he can't bring around the missus. Jay outchea trying to quietly raise enough capital to make a big platform for black artists and athletes to slowly divorce themselves from the white power structures in entertainment (note especially how he's moved Def Jam artists to the Roc) and his lieutenant having public, embarrassing fits about selling clothes.

overcast

How the hell did Jay father Kendrick and Drake? Lmao. You trying hard on this one esch. Jay handles business well, but you're giving him credit for every major artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom