• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

crazy people.

Not really. Black Up sounded groundbreaking at its time. Like, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Lese Majesty is still smartly produced but similar to its predecessor, so it makes sense Black Up left more of an impression. I also felt the songs were more memorable, and that's because the ideas built in every song were contained to that song. Lese Majesty is much more homogenous as it blends multiple tracks together; this makes it more of a cohesive album experience, but trades off the potency of each track individually.

Both are fucking awesome albums tho.

HiResDes

Not really. Black Up sounded groundbreaking at its time. Like, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Lese Majesty is still smartly produced but similar to its predecessor, so it makes sense Black Up left more of an impression. I also felt the songs were more memorable, and that's because the ideas built in every song were contained to that song. Lese Majesty is much more homogenous as it blends multiple tracks together; this makes it more of a cohesive album experience, but trades off the potency of each track individually.

Both are fucking awesome albums tho.
I like Black Up better, but I think it's more similar to Of Light than Lese Majesty is to it.

Esch

Banned
Yea I agree with Des I don't find black up or LM similar at all. Black Up is way more abrasive and the vocals are delivered in a very 'loud' and heavily spoken manner compared to the casual voice-in-your-ear of LM. It's really to Shabazz credit that they're able to make such distinctly different pieces tho.

Btw I think it's funny that there was a Vince Staples OT floating around yesterday. Brehs feeling him like that?

HiResDes

It's weird how Vince can craft a song as powerful and evocative as Nate amidst a plethora of middling tracks on the same project.

Courage

It's weird how Vince can craft a song as powerful and evocative as Nate amidst a plethora of middling tracks on the same project.

It had great beats but some of the hooks and lyrics on that tape were disappointing. Stolen Youth is probably still his best tape.

T Dollarz

Finally got my laptop back last night after 2 months, copped the new FlyLo. Can someone make me a short list of what I've missed? Know for sure the Travi$ Scott and whatever that Spitta tape was called...

Q3 out tomorrow probably...

holyghost2ouj4c.gif

overcast

Finally got my laptop back last night after 2 months, copped the new FlyLo. Can someone make me a short list of what I've missed? Know for sure the Travi$ Scott and whatever that Spitta tape was called...

Q3 out tomorrow probably...
T, you're probably going to want to check out that. Last 2 months haven't been that great imo.
Confirmed for fathering.

Esch, to continue our discussion, I'm just not sure we're on the same page as far as that term. To me there is no doubt kendrick pays respect to Jay, but that term seems to give Jay credit for something he doesn't deserve credit for.

Mau ®

Listening to "College Dropout" in anticipation of Kanye dropping the AOTY soon.

Your faves could never, that's all I'm gonna say.

HiResDes

I still listen to most of Yeezus, I can't remember the last time I was chillin in my Honda and thought fuck it let's throw on some Bad ass...probably never

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom