• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Well, this is a pretty damn lazy mixtape and I feel like Gambino is trying to tell the listener "Hey, I'm an African American that is forced to wear a grandma sweater"

Yeah, don't listen to this shit

don't know why you're doing this to yourself. dude peaked with Culdesac.

big ander

Mediocre. Chimes is still a banger, but the other two tracks and re-edit were forgettable.

The thing is while Chimes is pretty good, it even feels like a 2011 banger. At this point 90% of people who're going to search out a new Hudmo EP have already heard it anyway. The re-edit is straight garbage, the interlude track is a nice enough for a leftfield drone-electronic interlude like someone cut and pasted the 2 minutes of a Fuck Buttons song where it's transitioning between the big moments, King Kong Beaver is average.

It all seems so backward-thinking for hudmo, not that any artist HAS to radically evolve their sound each release but why put a big publicity push behind what amounts to 8 minutes of new music that wouldn't have caused waves if it were released two years back? drop it for free or s/t.

Majestad

Banned
Uv1RQCm.jpg

overcast

don't know why you're doing this to yourself. dude peaked with Culdesac.
Naw, BTI is his best work. I can't imagine somebody would say Culdesac is better, if you're saying that you might as well accept BTI. Royalty straight sucks, and Camp is pretty damn bad aside from like one or two tracks.

overcast is gonna love it.
Naw. You see, this is some lame ass outer space shit. Lupe Fiasco's is more like his inner spirit/self on the cover of his debut album, nice colors, floating looks transcendent. This on the other hand is some "beam me up Scotty" shit on top of something Thanos would throw his throne on.

Courage

Naw. You see, this is some lame ass outer space shit. Lupe Fiasco's is more like his inner spirit/self on the cover of his debut album, nice colors, floating looks transcendent. This on the other hand is some "beam me up Scotty" shit on top of something Thanos would throw his throne on.

Breh, they almost look the same. I'm sure Krit had his own reasoning as well; they just look trash.
3w2MWDX.png

Esch

Banned

Food and Liquor is 100% more endearing and natural. Completely in tune with the albums tone. Shit is classic.
ibjnQIUR69ymMm.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think the F&L cover is pretty crap. I mean, I get what he's trying to express but it just so cliche and photoshopped as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom