• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

Listened to Trap Lord for the first time in like a year on the way home from work, shit is even better than I remember it. Ferg, bless us with a new album soon...

Yo, I don't post international rap that often but this track is hot as fuck

ibxGHkVTwhNyIR.gif

Damn was gonna save it for my AOTY post but if we're talking international rap then slovak rap group KONTRAFAKT is where it's at
not to mention they have sick music videos.
Their recent album even had the title track produced by DJ Premier

Their most recent album also happens to be my AOTY right now (although Pinata is a close second if not in a tie)

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
yeah something will really have to blow me away to knock Pinata off the top of my list

i debuted within the top 40 in it's first week. First rap artist to do that since...Eminem.

tumblr_n6ltho2UKk1sdxxmzo8_400.gif

The GOAT Talks "i", Not Liking Singles, Dr Dre, New Album & Tha Carter 5 W/ The LA Leakers

Hearing him explain his creative process with respect to not listening to the radio makes sense. I know Esch and others disagree but I like this. Many great albums have been created like this, it's not anything new. More importantly, Kendrick is surrounded by people in tune with recent "trends" or whatever you want to call them. It's not like say...Nas who is musically divorced from everything, then surrounds himself with people who are even moreso divorced (Salaam Remi). I trust TDE's producers, they have one of the best groups in rap IMO. And Kendrick is a good songwriter so yea...not worried.

DominoKid

gambino does not have the presence to rap over some of these beats. he doesn't have to do all this to let us know he's from atlanta. a look at his wiki page will tell us that.

“Do You Love Me For Real” is about his car being jealous of his sub

krit are you fucking serious? this is the funniest shit i've read in a minute.

cacophony

i debuted within the top 40 in it's first week. First rap artist to do that since...Eminem.

tumblr_n6ltho2UKk1sdxxmzo8_400.gif

The GOAT Talks "i", Not Liking Singles, Dr Dre, New Album & Tha Carter 5 W/ The LA Leakers

Hearing him explain his creative process with respect to not listening to the radio makes sense. I know Esch and others disagree but I like this. Many great albums have been created like this, it's not anything new. More importantly, Kendrick is surrounded by people in tune with recent "trends" or whatever you want to call them. It's not like say...Nas who is musically divorced from everything, then surrounds himself with people who are even moreso divorced (Salaam Remi). I trust TDE's producers, they have one of the best groups in rap IMO. And Kendrick is a good songwriter so yea...not worried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnUd5P-X2Mo

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Welp, that Ellen video combined with the single pretty much confirms it.

Kendrick bout to drop The Heist 2. Don't say I didn't warn y'all. It's okay though, The Heist had some joints on it. It won a grammy too, so that sort of lineage should make number-thirsty stans happy.

Esch

Banned
nsfw avatars are stupid and inconsiderate
jbcC6E6NtOglYq.png

as for the quality or w/e, yall lost the minute you complained instead of adblocking that shit. public displays of gore fascination are always, always just a way of asking for attention.

anyway i'm kinda looking forward to this Rocky single. I agree with toku that i have no idea what it's gonna sound like and that's a good thing. I wonder whether he'll bring something different flow/rap wise to it, but I kinda doubt it. Production should be fie tho.

HiResDes

nsfw avatars are stupid and inconsiderate
jbcC6E6NtOglYq.png

as for the quality or w/e, yall lost the minute you complained instead of adblocking that shit. public displays of gore fascination are always, always just a way of asking for attention.

anyway i'm kinda looking forward to this Rocky single. I agree with toku that i have no idea what it's gonna sound like and that's a good thing. I wonder whether he'll bring something different flow/rap wise to it, but I kinda doubt it. Production should be fie tho.

it's not really NSFW and I think ya'll are being overly sensitive and hyperbolic. I've seen more gore on Cartoon Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom