• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

iLOVEMAKONNEN gets attacked during performance

I don't like the dude's music at all, but man that's fucked up
oZRnFMy.gif

cacophony

B0ZyOPHIIAAqtYI.png:large

Coach Kanye serves his community service by coaching a high school football in the Chicago Projects leading them to a state championship.

in theaters Summer 2015

HiResDes

what up GAF-Hop?

got any recent (free) mixtapes i should peep? been listening to kauai/stn mtn lately and im thinking about purchasing logic's joint soon after streaming it on spotify. that was really dope, and i want to show my some support to the guy. so talented.
Check out the rapups in my post history, not sure why I got the OP snub (looking at Cheddahz) and also check out Rome Fortune small vvorld, which will make Q4 for sure.

Cheddahz

Banned
bout to listen to rtj2 for the first time by blasting it on the way to gamestop (and just blasting it in the parking lot as i wait for the store to open)

today's gonna be a good day

Nibel

Just listened to RTJ2 after reading about it in here, and yeah pretty good album - killer productions. But it kinda feels short to me.

HiResDes

I really don't mind being a contrarian, and I thought at first RTJ2 might have been hyped up so much that it wouldn't meet my expectations...But I was very very wrong. I like Any Given Sunday, it's so fucking entertaining.

codhand

I really don't mind being a contrarian, and I thought at first RTJ2 might have been hyped up so much that it wouldn't meet my expectations...But I was very very wrong. I like Any Given Sunday, it's so fucking entertaining.

Yeah on first listen the beats, rhymes and even subject matter have leveled up from RTJ1.

Macca

these RTJ2 beats are fucking next level. Feeling them. Then El-P comes on. Man, whenever Mike comes back he sounds like fucking Rakim.

I think Below The Heavens is in my top 5 of the past 10 years. Damn Blu.
I'd say it, The Listening, and College Dropout influenced the rise of all this "conscious fuckery" music from Kendrick, Drake, Cole, etc.

Too bad Blu then proceeded to flush his career down a toilet. Dude had labels hanging from his balls. He could have signed or continued to build independently and be well positioned for the social media rise. Instead he smoked his brains out while releasing demo sound quality music.

Macca

I'd say it, The Listening, and College Dropout influenced the rise of all this "conscious fuckery" music from Kendrick, Drake, Cole, etc.

Too bad Blu then proceeded to flush his career down a toilet. Dude had labels hanging from his balls. He could have signed or continued to build independently and be well positioned for the social media rise. Instead he smoked his brains out while releasing demo sound quality music.
I was going to compare BTH to Cudi's first, which I also think is amazing, but BTH is like 2 years before it. It's crazy. He's west coast too right?

DominoKid

What are ya'll favorite basketball movies? I think White Men't Jump, Blue Chips, and He Got Game are the best.

Hoop Dreams is #1 by a large margin, but if were not including that in the convo since it's a documentary then White Men Cant Jump. All the non-hoop shit in that movie is solid gold and that's usually not the case for sports movies.

Hoosiers ain't my speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom