• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't like neil young or bob dylan. like yeah they're really talented songwriters but i can't really listen to their albums or anything. if i had to pick tho it would probably be neil young, a slightly more tolerable voice.

nick cave>>>

illmatic, atliens, 36

runner up to reasonable doubt

i don't like neil young or bob dylan. like yeah they're really talented songwriters but i can't really listen to their albums or anything. if i had to pick tho it would probably be neil young, a slightly more tolerable voice.

nick cave>>>

illmatic, atliens, 36

runner up to reasonable doubt

My man.

Esch

Banned
i never cared for Dylan much either tbh. Probably cause my mom is such a stan and acts like he's the pinnacle of music. the less said about his musicianship the better.
troll.png

Courage

There's a lot of older musical acts like that for me. I don't care for Dylan, Pink Floyd, Neil Young. I can appreciate what they did at the time, they just never resonated with me.

I love Dylan. I liked his early stuff quite a bit more than his later stuff. Not cause I feel he fell off or anything, just cause idk it's pretty iconic. Bringing It All Back Home is an album that gets heavy rotation by me.

Esch

Banned
There's a lot of older musical arts like that for me. I don't care for Dylan, Pink Floyd, Neil Young. I can appreciate what they did at the time, they just never resonated with me.

pink floyd boring af but King Crimson, Van Der Graaf Generator, Tangerine Dream etc
jPllRvd.png

Courage

pink floyd boring af but King Crimson, Van Der Graaf Generator, Tangerine Dream etc
jPllRvd.png

Oh definitely. I heavily fuck with King Crimson, Genesis, Can for prog rock, then Queen, Beach Boys, Talking Heads (Remain In Light top 5 albums of all time). I'm not dismissing the dust entirely.

HiResDes

Bob Dylan isn't all that, but Neil Young definitely is. Just as good of a songwriter as Dylan, and a much better musican and singer. Neil Young really was a trendsetter and I'm not sure grunge music would have been the same without his influence. He has some songs that are just as dark as Nick Cave, and some ones that are just melodic and poppy as Elliot Smith. He's incredible.

I also thing solo Nick Cave is overrated as well. Give me Neil, Ian, and Leonard Cohen over him any day.

Fjordson

Bob Dylan isn't all that, but Neil Young definitely is. Just as good of a songwriter as Dylan, and a much better musican and singer. Neil Young really was a trendsetter and I'm not sure grunge music would have been the same without his influence. He has some songs that are just as dark as Nick Cave, and some ones that are just melodic and poppy as Elliot Smith. He's incredible.

I also thing solo Nick Cave is overrated as well. Give me Neil, Ian, and Leonard Cohen over him any day.
Bob Dylan is one of my favourites, but yeah Neil Young is amazing also. Ton of variety across his solo albums. And then you throw in his stuff with Crazy Horse and in CSNY. Crazy career.

Esch

Banned
I'm happy Courage mentioned Queen, definitely my favorite popular band and I feel ok calling them GOAT rock band maybe. Their music's appeal is so broad and good it transcends feel and location. You could play them anywhere; a graduation, a PE class for elementary school children, a funeral, an orgy.

Macca

I'm happy Courage mentioned Queen, definitely my favorite popular band and I feel ok calling them GOAT rock band maybe. Their music's appeal is so broad and good it transcends feel and location. You could play them anywhere; a graduation, a PE class for elementary school children, a funeral, an orgy.
fat bottomed girls?

HiResDes

Definitely not going with best rock band ever, but yeah maybe Rock's best singer and live performer.

Bowie, Iggy Pop, The Kinks, The Guess Who, The Buzzcocks, Love...There are too many amazing rock bands.

aye hiresdes:

is there any shoegaze rap out there? like my bloody valentine or m83 esque?

i love macaroons is corny as hell but man tuesday is a legit catchy song.

Esch

Banned
i think they're quite clearly a post-rock band, friend. much in the vein of 65daysofstatic

but to answer your question I haven't heard much rap like that, you kinda need the distortion on guitar work for it to work, tho people should sample shoegaze more

I like Queen but best rock band? Nah. A lot of bands have better catalogs IMO. But I agree Freddie is a top 5 rock singer. Personally I'm a Robert Plant stan in that regard. And I'd put Chris Cornell in there somewhere, after Freddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom