• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drake hate is funny because he consistently drops shit even the haters fuck with, and then they go back to hating. Always fun to read those "it's good.... fuck that guy" posts.

Detox

Drake's music has little longevity and gets burned out quickly within a year. Then again not much music released nowadays has a long shelf life and it may not just be the quality but the speed at which the sounds change and new shit keeps being dropped.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Drake hate is funny because he consistently drops shit even the haters fuck with, and then they go back to hating. Always fun to read those "it's good.... fuck that guy" posts.

I remain untainted. I liked one song of his, and that was because of The Weeknd. Anybody could have rapped over that beat and chorus and I would've fucked with it.

Esch

Banned
its cause for every enjoyable drake moment there are like 6 times where you're like

S9wETaK.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drake's music has little longevity and gets burned out quickly within a year. Then again not much music released nowadays has a long shelf life and it may not just be the quality but the speed at which the sounds change and new shit keeps being dropped.
I think this is the complete opposite. Outside of singles, which obviously get outplayed because of his sheer popularity, his album cuts get a ton more life than most artists.

I feel far too often the reason I can't fuck with albums is because the album cuts just suck. Or someone will post a "FIREEEE!!!" mixtape in here that has like 3-4 keepers at absolute maximum. Not Drake, though. Still can listen to Over My Dead Body or Congratulations today.

Yup. I know everyone went insane over RTJ2 and deservedly so but that Black Milk album is great. Not going to say it's better than RTJ2 but it's probably Black Milk's best album. The bass and drums are on another level compared to anyone in hip hop right now.

its cause for every enjoyable drake moment there are like 6 times where you're like

S9wETaK.png

Yup.

For every good track there's ~2 weak as fuck ones, sometimes he even has eye rolling moments in his good songs.

Until he can release an album that isn't 2/5 trash/boring then he's gonna continue being who he is.

Courage

Yup. I know everyone went insane over RTJ2 and deservedly so but that Black Milk album is great. Not going to say it's better than RTJ2 but it's probably Black Milk's best album. The bass and drums are on another level compared to anyone in hip hop right now.

The live drums are what caught me by surprise too. He stepped up his production a lot. The guy is dedicated to his craft.

Dirty version out yet? I was going to listen til someone said it was clean. BTW that album I linked you yesterday you should definitely check it out if you like Hendrix. It was an album he made in mind of having a guitarist similar to him

Esch

Banned

I'm not trying to cross hype streams. Gonna eat this RTJ2, chewing it slowly and thoughtfully, then maybe i'll think about what i'll have for dinner tomorrow.

fIcEWbk.png

Yeah plus drake's last year > all of TDE combined

And he didn't even drop an album

Black milk new album is definitely >>> rtj2 for me. It's top 5 while rtj2 is maaaybe top 10

Fjordson

Really wish IVRY was a bit longer.

Probably won't make my top 10 but it has some of my favorite songs of the year on it.
I think it may sneak onto my list. Just a great listen. Still bump it every one in a while.

Yeah plus drake's last year > all of TDE combined

And he didn't even drop an album

Black milk new album is definitely >>> rtj2 for me. It's top 5 while rtj2 is maaaybe top 10
All truth here.

Fjordson

I like Black History Project, but my version from datpiff is kinda shitty quality. Doesn't sound good, especially with headphones. Wish there was a higher bitrate release out.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Yup.

For every good track there's ~2 weak as fuck ones, sometimes he even has eye rolling moments in his good songs.

Until he can release an album that isn't 2/5 trash/boring then he's gonna continue being who he is.

You talking like Take Care wasn't dope as fuck.

Moris pls

PBY

Banned
[QUOTE="D";135993766]What is the purpose of a colored dildo if they all function the same and have same sizes? I mean its not like the female is 100 focused on watching what she's stuffing herself with anyway...or is it like a mental thing just knowing the color and perhaps perceived "race" associated with it and using their imagination?[/QUOTE]

New Black Milk is super nice tho

pablito

I also have the 7" on the way, but I was under the impression it was just On Doing An Evil Deed Blues and Passion Sceptre/Dert Mystery.

Either way I bought these tracks cuz I just couldn't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom