• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched my Magic get their ass kicked due to poor coaching and overall horribleness. fun times.

finally listened to that Apollo Brown/Ras Kass record. shit is flames except for Giraffe Pussy. that's definitely a skip classic.
Only reason I haven't checked it out.

Esch

Banned
When I get home I'm going to write an essay on why XXX is a fucking monument in comparison to Big Seans entire being and it's going to be the realest shit I ever wrote.

lmao, can't believe i missed this.

enzo's getting better at trolling. realizing his opinions are so terrible he doesn't even need to post in bad faith, just emphasize them more.

DominoKid

tumblr_luqit7vkY31qci0woo1_500.gif

as much as Metro and Thugger work together I'm surprised he didn't end up on this mixtape. I guess Thugger and Future don't fuck w/ each other musically.

as much as Metro and Thugger work together I'm surprised he didn't end up on this mixtape. I guess Thugger and Future don't fuck w/ each other musically.
This is a bit funny assumption considering there is only one feature at all on the tape lol...plus they released a song about a month ago? Seems like if anything they are busy doing two completely different things like Rich Gang which is why we haven't heard much of Metro Thuggin despite it being announced before

DominoKid

This is a bit funny assumption considering there is only one feature at all on the tape lol...plus they released a song about a month ago? Seems like if anything they are busy doing two completely different things like Rich Gang which is why we haven't heard much of Metro Thuggin despite it being announced before

shit you right.

Tokubetsu

only song i dont fuck w/ on monster is Wesley. thats a throwaway beat if i ever heard one

That 2 Pac beat man. That's some souncloud producer influence If I ever hearded some. They basically threw horns over some sc/bandcamp cult sample is what it sounds like haha. My favorite part is the kick though. That hum.

Hard fucking track. Sounds like something SGP would make if he didn't get off of just pure noise.

DominoKid

i already hate Wesley Presley cause i know my buddy's going to play that shit about 10 x a night whenever we hang out and start calling himself that.

Not trying to say it's on that level but right now it sounds like a more sinister/bitter version of Streetz Calling.

yeah i was gonna say this sound like some new old future.

Camp Lo

Banned
wayne is garbage
cant believe i let myslf get marginally interested in this single
is any of his old stuff actually good? serious question. i keep giving him chance but continue to be disappointed

Oh god. Hell yeah. I don't even know what to choose from... Sqad Up? Mixtape with Juelz? Carter II?

Camp Lo

Banned
Yeah, pretty consistent through the whole album. I copped Carter 3 and 4 though just the same, those had good tracks, couldn't listen through without skipping tho

Fjordson

Yeah, pretty consistent through the whole album. I copped Carter 3 and 4 though just the same, those had good tracks, couldn't listen through without skipping tho
Carter 3 had some dope stuff.

Carter 4 was where I jumped off though. Was a huge hit and I remember got good reviews and shit, but I dunno. Wasn't feeling it personally (or anything he's done after).

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
It's too bad Jada and Styles love Sheek too much to do an album without him. Give me 10 tracks of them going line for line over ill beats. Damn.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Wayne is enjoyable in singles form. Not album form. Recently that isn't true either though so it's time to just put him in an old rappers home somewhere and give him a sippy cup filled with purple.

holy fuck this song has the WORST hook of the year - in fact the worst hook I've heard in forever. This is clearly not mastered. Must be a leak or something.

At this point the hand wringing of Kendrick "yelling" boils down to bullshit. Kendrick sounds fine on the beat, he's not even "yelling" more than Jay Rock is. Confuse tones brehs.

song is bad.

Esch

Banned
what happen to the chill tde? the one where you roll down your windows or throw on a nice track at a BBQ, Hol' Up tde. Dead, dead. I don't know about you guys, but the thing i originally liked most about West Coast Hip Hop was how chill and confident it was. Listen to something like Let Me Ride, for example. Shit makes you wanna lay up in a lazy-boy, bop a little with something on ice in one hand, an L in the other. Lost art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom