• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
I still don't like the Kendrick I song, but that beat is fun and I hear the song everywhere...damn you K Dot.
I heard it on the way to work too.

Thought I'd be nice and listen to the whole thing. Give the lil homie Kendrick a spin
mjlol.png

HiResDes

Oh my god tried to love Gay Dog Food, but it's such an inaccessible album...Sounds like something Marilyn Manson would put if he decided to rap for an entire album. Sonically it's extremely interesting, but conceptually it never comes together in any sort of rational or fluid way. I know what he was going for sonically, it's a completely filthy and edgy sounding record that still retains a bit of feminism, but there's very little here that makes any of the tracks actually enjoyable.

Furyous

Also, Rae Sremmurd is 3/3 brehs. Watch them drop LP of the year or some shit.

ARCHIVE

Watch them drop a top 150 song of the year across all genres.

I'm listening to that new Logic, Tip, and Stalley currently. Tip brought it as usual. Logic is interesting to me and made a new fan with this album. Of course, I gotta ride for the home team and say that Stalley delivered.

Logic brought up an interesting point during a radio interview in NYC about record sales. If we use the metric that illmatic sold 59,000 copies during its' first year as metric then everyone should calm down. I'M NOT SAYING ANY OF THE ARTISTS TODAY CAN TOUCH ILLMATIC. However, let's give them time to develop and not panic because they didn't push 500,000 sales their first week, month, or year.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
so unless my ears deceive me, Gangsta Boo's verse on Love Again was cut from the final RTJ2 release. well, it's not present on my physical copy, at least.

what kind of fuckery is this

Honestly surprised you guys didn't like the new Jay Rock. Or rather, I'm surprised you guys are that against Kendrick's verse.

also
eminem-shady-xv-artwork.jpeg

eminem-shady-xv-tracklist-small.jpg

I think Cruel Summer will be a fair comparable. (for the first disc)

big ander

so unless my ears deceive me, Gangsta Boo's verse on Love Again was cut from the final RTJ2 release. well, it's not present on my physical copy, at least.

what kind of fuckery is this

damn, discogs does show the standard vinyl and CD as not having that feature. though the deluxe vinyl does have it, it says. Which physical release do you have?

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
damn, discogs does show the standard vinyl and CD as not having that feature. though the deluxe vinyl does have it, it says. Which physical release do you have?

CD

that's an odd thing to hold back for the deluxe edition lmao

Cheddahz

Banned
Honestly surprised you guys didn't like the new Jay Rock. Or rather, I'm surprised you guys are that against Kendrick's verse.

also
eminem-shady-xv-artwork.jpeg

eminem-shady-xv-tracklist-small.jpg

I think Cruel Summer will be a fair comparable. (for the first disc)

It's going to be weird seeing Danny Brown and Big Sean on a track together

IrishNinja

speaking of
KW2d9sC.png
, copying from the RAP GOD thread for uh, wanderingwind

Tracklist is out

Disc X (New Material)

1. Eminem - ShadyXV
2. Slaughterhouse - Psychopath Killer (feat. Eminem & Yelawolf)
3. Eminem - Die Alone (ft. Kobe)
4. Bad Meets Evil - Vegas
5. Slaughterhouse - Y'all Read Know
6. Eminem - Guys Over Fear (ft. Sia)
7. Yelawolf - Down
8. D12- Bane
9. Eminem - Fine Line
10. Skylar Grey, Eminem & Yelawolf - Twisted
11. Eminem - Right For Me
12. Eminem, Royce Da 5'9", Big Sean, Danny Brown, Dej Loaf & Trick Trick - Detroit Vs. Everybody

DISC V (Classic Material)

1. 50 Cent - I Get Money
2. D12 - Purple Pills
3. Eminem - Lose Yourself (Album Version)
4. Obie Trice, Kuniva, Bobby Creekwater, Ca$his, Stat Quo - Cry Now
5. Yelawolf (ft. Kid Rock) - Let's Roll
6. Slaughterhouse - Hammer Dance
7. 50 Cent - P.I.M.P
8. Eminem, 50 Cent, Ca$his, Lloyd Banks - You Don't Know
9. D12 - My Band
10. Obie Trice - Wanna Know
11. 50 Cent - Wanksta
12. Obie Trice (ft. Nate Dogg RIP) - The Setup
13. 50 Cent - In Da Club
14. D12 - Fight Music
15. Yelawolf - Pop The Trunk

Bonus Track: Eminem - Lose Yourself (Original Demo Version)

Courage

I'm disappointed with the omission of the Gangsta Boo verse in the retail versions. She has a great verse that brings the whole track together.

Pathos

Banned
The new rae sremmurd is alright I guess, not as good as the other 2 imo
I also thought that Love Again was the worst track on RTJ2, so gangsta boo not appearing on the retail version is not much of loss to me
Looking forward to the Detroit vs Everybody track though. It's either going to be amazing or the biggest clusterfuck this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom