• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Kendrick has yet to really make a misstep, musically at least. I've enjoyed just about everything he's put out so far. There is always a chance his next album is Lasers 2.0, but I feel like having an actual crew around him will help keep him grounded. He's not saying any kinds of ridiculous shit in interviews, either.

i (love myself) is definitely a departure from anything he's done to date, but that's fine by me. I get so bored when musicians run out the same shit as their big successes. And there is nothing wrong with an occasional positive vibe song. Even NWA and ODB had one.
Ain't nobody got time for that, the only time we got is [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGt_JGHYEO4"]time for rap[/URL]
*adds WanderingWind to the list*
My Gaf-Hop list grows bigger everyday breh. By OTXII the only posts I'll be able to see are my own.

MoodyFog

Young thug's output is such nonsense it becomes amazing. It's like Lil Wayne was a Gremlin and somebody fed him after midnight or somethin', and it created Thugga.

Esch

Banned
Young thug's output is such nonsense it becomes amazing. It's like Lil Wayne was a Gremlin and somebody fed him after midnight or somethin', and it created Thugga.
Yeah.

Fed him a dick maybe
mjlol.png

I agree, Kendrick hasn't done or said anything to make me doubt him. No one is perfect but so far Kendrick hasn't made a mis-step in terms of projects. I'm a Nas stan, I was a Lupe stan: I know what it looks like when someone falls off. Kendrick isn't close to that danger zone so I'm chilling. Loving myself thanks to King Kendrick.
mIABf2E.gif

The biggest difference between Kendrick and Nas/Lupe? He actually has an in-house production team. Nas doesn't have one unless you count Salaam, Lupe had Soundtrack but dude is meh more often than not; go back and listen to how empty Lupe's production sounds in hindsight. Sounwave, Tae Beast, DJ Dahi, Terrace Martin...he's stacked, production wise. And he's got Dre cleaning records up (his finger prints are all over GKMC). Mix in Thundercat and the other dope live musicians and it's a wrap.

Dereck

I agree, Kendrick hasn't done or said anything to make me doubt him. No one is perfect but so far Kendrick hasn't made a mis-step in terms of projects. I'm a Nas stan, I was a Lupe stan: I know what it looks like when someone falls off. Kendrick isn't close to that danger zone so I'm chilling. Loving myself thanks to King Kendrick.
mIABf2E.gif

The biggest difference between Kendrick and Nas/Lupe? He actually has an in-house production team. Nas doesn't have one unless you count Salaam, Lupe had Soundtrack but dude is meh more often than not; go back and listen to how empty Lupe's production sounds in hindsight. Sounwave, Tae Beast, DJ Dahi, Terrace Martin...he's stacked, production wise. And he's got Dre cleaning records up (his finger prints are all over GKMC). Mix in Thundercat and the other dope live musicians and it's a wrap.
Well put

Courage

It's not really banger of the year lol. I still like it a lot tho.

BotY goes to Oh My Darling Don't Cry.

When they were looking for soul singers, did James Brown have lyrics? nah, it's about the feeling.

Bars doesn't imply anything about lyrics tho. Just knowing how to rap well = bars. I feel the hook on that song helps me overlook that.

nope, that shit is wack, those kids have no bars and or bass in their voice.

Chiraq and all its remixes take BotY awards.

When they were looking for soul singers, did James Brown have lyrics? nah, it's about the feeling.

EDIT:jokingly accusing me of being weird, says the guy with a metro avy.

and Idgaf about the lyrics, it's a turnup song.

Esch

Banned

nah i mean they got nothing. they can't rap, straight up, their flow is nonexistent, listen to these likkle mans run through a verse, especially this dude:

no-flex-zone1.jpg

Absolute garbage.

IrishNinja

awww yisss
liking these snippets so far

Yeah.

Fed him a dick maybe
mjlol.png

We too busy taking in the lyrics, drums, samples and all that jazz when she just wanna ride out n chill

she's basically peterboi

Syphon Filter: "jay rock and joey badass?"

songs in the key of kriss kross

......Dipset?

block is hot, too many shots being fired out here today

Rosenberg heard four Kendrick songs and is dick riding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkuCNRC2Nk4

Black righteousness? Africa? Throw in Black Girl Lost III and we might have a smart dumb ninja classic.

Kendrick is strongest when he's talking about personal shit, so I hope this isn't just an "I read Invisible Man a few months ago on my Kindle, lemme spit some real shit now" turn. I have faith.

Ultimately Rosenberg is the last person I'd want as my PR guy. It's the same as Elliot Wilson with Drake. You're not gonna hear any impartial shit, just ass kissing.

Courage

Kendrick Lamar freestyles over Shake It Off beat

Taylor Swift dances to Backseat Freestyle in her car

They should just fuck already.

Rosenberg heard four Kendrick songs and is dick riding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkuCNRC2Nk4

Black righteousness? Africa? Throw in Black Girl Lost III and we might have a smart dumb ninja classic.

Kendrick is strongest when he's talking about personal shit, so I hope this isn't just an "I read Invisible Man a few months ago on my Kindle, lemme spit some real shit now" turn. I have faith.

Ultimately Rosenberg is the last person I'd want as my PR guy. It's the same as Elliot Wilson with Drake. You're not gonna hear any impartial shit, just ass kissing.

Have you not been paying attention? He's on a mission. He's got something to prove and wants to use his platform to connect everyone or some shit. What Rosenberg is saying is totally believable, especially about the conscious social commentary.

Cheddahz

Banned
You're A Jerk was still popular whenever I graduated high school (which was in 2013). Hell, we actually had an official Jerkin' club at our high school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom