• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's is this?

F8ds2yT.png

Run The Jewels 2 caught me by surprise because I haven't been following releases for months. After bumping it for a few days I'd put it above the first. Maybe I need it to burn out for a bit longer but now, a year later I still bump a couple tracks. I think I liked the idea of RTJ more than I liked listening to it. At least hearing this superior (imo) sequel makes me feel that way. The beats are even more eclectic and I think El-P does a much better job behind the mic this time around. On the first release his style didn't mesh with Mike's aggressiveness. I don't know about dumbing it down but it works out for the better.

Looking forward to seeing them in Jan

overcast

Actually, I listened to the other verses. Omg. Is Drake intentionally playing up the simp figure there? Wayne sounds dead, but that's a given.

Esch

Banned
Yo brehs, before you jump on me...... Just hear me out.

I'm kinda feeling this white ymcmb rapper Caskey. He's good. It's like Jesse Pinkman rap. He's like Yelawolf with that trash look but has kind of a street and self awareness of a kendrick or drake.... And the neuroticism of Eminem. I think he's got potential. And he picks good beats.

Sun Goes Down
Anxious
Wife Beater

Hear me out.

z0Rl5RM.png

Furyous

I'm kinda feeling this white ymcmb rapper Caskey. He's good. It's like Jesse Pinkman rap. He's like Yelawolf with that trash look but has kind of a street and self awareness of a kendrick or drake.... And the neuroticism of Eminem. I think he's got potential. And he picks good beats.

He's nice as a young artist. YMCMB is not putting him out. That roster is too big. Euro got a look before Caskey and Cas was technically there longer.

It's about Baby saw the light and started putting out his artists.

Sun Goes Down
Words
Wife Beater
Anxious

Hear me out.

z0Rl5RM.png

dude looks like he has a double digit IQ
should fit right in at ymcmb
beat selection is good though ill give you that

PBY

Banned

Sun Goes Down
Words
Wife Beater
Anxious

Hear me out.

z0Rl5RM.png
Yikes

Sun Goes Down
Anxious
Wife Beater

Hear me out.

z0Rl5RM.png

My brotha Esch's posts have been so classic lately that I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see this, just like Heat fans are out chea pretending to not see this.

Hear me out.

z0Rl5RM.png
Azizi Gibson was dope, been bumping that for a minute, but I don't know if I'm ready for Jesse Pinkman rap. Plus I just imagine you riding to this dude with some chubbies and Sperry's on your feet so I can't take this seriously right now.

It kinda is or was though. Notice how the album ain't being brought up like it used to be. People saw the light. Not saying it ain't good or anything

It's interesting that while the album was THE thing in 94 whereas Illmatic was moreso an underground thing, today Illmatic is THE definitive hip hop album whereas Ready To Die is...in the conversation still, but not really high on the list.

those skits...

Esch

Banned
Nah.

The most overrated hip hop album is either MBTDF or Diplomatic Immunity, you can pick one. I'd also accept anything by The Clipse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom