• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

THis is way better than the new Diamond District album. I think Biz posted it, but it deserves a re-up

2dopeboyz said:
Comprised of producer Slimkat and the Diamond District’s yU, The 1978ers have released their new album today via Mello Music Group. A self-contained project, yU and Slim eschew features for most of the 18-track album,

HiResDes

I've come across so many new tapes I like I'm at a lost for words right now. Can't even post everything right now, might just post one a day or something coupled with impressions. This quarter is insane!

Esch

Banned
Is Gibbs ever going to actually sell a record in his life, do you think?
Nope. Fucked up his career with bridge burning and doesn't appeal to women really.

Gonna have a top tier Curren$yesque career, stay loved on forums and make a decent indie hustle. Then he'll go back to school again.

PBY

Banned
I've come across so many new tapes I like I'm at a lost for words right now. Can't even post everything right now, might just post one a day or something coupled with impressions. This quarter is insane!
Give us some bandcamp tidbits.

Need those good rap nuggets

IrishNinja

I see Gibbs. He's playing politics, nothing more. Gibbs is often a dumbass but he makes some interesting moves sometimes - at least to me as a recovering obsessive rap nerd. I really noticed this on that Jeezy diss when he said "yea I know you sold drugs, but..." or whatever. Everyone in ATL knows Jeezy was never really a drug dealer, he just was cool with some BMF dudes. So I can't help but think that Gibbs was essentially saying "I'll play along with your image if you play along with mine." That shit interested the rap nerd side of me brehs.

some WWE shit here #levels

im more hyped for a new sugar ray album than i am for a new wu

...going too far dun

Drake on a hook for a Freddie Gibbs song would be pretty awesome IMO

yeah, i'd be okay with this

Nope. Fucked up his career with bridge burning and doesn't appeal to women really.

Gonna have a top tier Curren$yesque career, stay loved on forums and make a decent indie hustle. Then he'll go back to school again.

...wait what did he do to fuck up his career again?

Esch

Banned
Lord Jamar : Riff Raff is a caricature of black people

I'm dying at his imitation at 4:42 tho

28dQfTK.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Would rather Drake spit a verse on a Gibbs song. Then again, I don't really like listening to Gibbs on much besides hard, gangster production.

HiResDes

I'm feeling a lot of strong emotions and impressions about this 1978ers album, and it would be so easy to resort to premature hyperbole...So I'll just say listen to it

overcast

FlyLo was crazy live. Those visuals + flow of the songs. Crowd was really into it. He did Captain Murphy in the middle of his set and I was impressed by his energy and crowd control. Fucking awesome show.

2 concerts in two nights though, exhausting and bad for school.
Did you have sex today?
Is yes or no the better answer when analyzing music?

overcast

Oh yeah, I don't know if it's coming. But FlyLo played Ready Err Not (Remix?) with a Chance verse. Shit sucked, grating as hell.

Dude's verses/music lately
tJaBJjl.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't get myself excited for a Ross album. Especially the 2nd one in 9 months.

Put Rockie Fresh out or something instead, please.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm not really mad at Troy Ave. Let him talk his foolishness, it's not too different from every other rapper calling themselves the GOAT and heavily deriving their styles from older artists.

I'm upset his Missy Elliot tracksuit wearing ass gets a lane because he's from NYC. That's why being an artist in NYC does matter. He gets free promo and Hot97 is desperate to make him out to be something, TI is trying to sign him, all the old NYC dusthead artists are giving him props and support, etc. If an industry plant was a real thing, he's the closest to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom