• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Imagine if Kendrick drops on the 15th and Ye drops on the 24th.

Would be really interested to see what kind of numbers Kendrick would do.

Imagine if Kendrick drops on the 15th and Ye drops on the 24th.

Would be really interested to see what kind of numbers Kendrick would do.

Kenny even said he's not trying to do a Beyoncè type drop because he isn't at that point yet.

Gotta gather up more hype b

ILOVEMYSELF

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
honestly think he'd do 100k+ off it depending on the release. He has really loyal fans.
I was thinking like closer to 300k, but like over 200k lol

I mean, KiD CuDi pulled a Beyonce while at the bottom of his career and did nearly 100k. Kendrick is clearing 100k. The anticipation and thirst is real.

EDIT: And CuDi's shit wasn't even an album, just an EP really.

Kendrick would go gold before the end of the year if he did that. At least 200-300k first week. Dude would have done better on GKMC if he wasn't undershipped.

He's not on Beyonce's level though. Remember Beyonce didn't just drop an album out of nowhere. She dropped 12+ videos alongside the album. It was a pretty big event. Kendrick releasing just an album wouldn't be in the same ballpark, impact wise.

Courage

Because only people in gaf-hop check for this fucking tool.

HvpFxGR.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Teyana is going to be tragic too, but that's also because she's found herself in beef with Rihanna and shit so often.
Might listen because of the cool cover art tho

Cosigns don't mean shit if you don't have your own movement or you're complacent or you suddenly do press runs without any groundwork. When Theo was on Hot97 you could tell nobody in that room new jack shit about him or bothered to even Google him.

it's a great album though. i don't really give a shit about theophilus but after des made the 80s comparisons i had to peep, damn good retro production.

Esch

Banned
I posted that shit a couple days ago when he tweeted. Lowkey, it's funny as fuck. I realize now that Troy Ave is like a new york singularity of gangsta shit and trolling, this guy wants to be 50 Cent so bad it's pathetic, just laugh at him a little bit and KIM. He's probably not even worth that.

It's actually pretty entertaining imo. Just don't support the music.

I posted that shit a couple days ago when he tweeted. Lowkey, it's funny as fuck. I realize now that Troy Ave is like a new york singularity of gangsta shit and trolling, this guy wants to be 50 Cent so bad it's pathetic, just laugh at him a little bit and KIM. He's probably not even worth that.

wtf is wrong with that scrub.

Cudder

I can't even think of a single scenario where Troy Ave's comment makes sense. Nobody enters the drug game selling bricks out the gate, first off. Second off, Hov wasn't really rapping about being a street level dealer, or robbing people. He's been rapping about being a mafioso from the beginning, including that ludicrous line about losing 90 bricks. Biggie was more of the street hustle dude, but he also did mafioso shit.

Hell AZ did mafioso rap.

breakfuss

Has anyone seen DMX live lately? He'll be here on Friday. Only $20 but I don't even know if it's worth the time. He hasn't made a song I liked since that one with Sisqo lol. But this is DMX.

Has anyone seen DMX live lately? He'll be here on Friday. Only $20 but I don't even know if it's worth the time. He hasn't made a song I liked since that one with Sisqo lol. But this is DMX.

I dunno breh they say he's one of the best live performers plus he's got shit tons of hits to play and he'll have the crowd amped it's just I haven't seen him perform since he's been on drugs.

Vorheez

How does Ave get the features he gets? I don't follow him close at all, so is there some kind of connection I'm missing?

You'd assume these artists would realize how much of a tool he is

Cudder

Depends on if he does Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer live or not..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How does Ave get the features he gets? I don't follow him close at all, so is there some kind of connection I'm missing?

You'd assume these artists would realize how much of a tool he is
I've pretty much narrowed down his success to paying off syndicated radio personalities and/or being promoted by them as the great [black] NY hope with little competition. Can't bank on Rocky, Bronson, etc. and a lot of the other cats have been around for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom