• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Let's be real, that's probably his tamest fetish.

also *enters thread* *exits thread* everyone was eat a booty gang

This was the year man, 2014. Analingus got new sponsors, lobbyists on capital hill, a white house subcommittee telling you that "all girls love it" and that "if it's clean, why not".

Also Far Cry 4 PC reviews are delayed. That gives me the impression it's shit. I was seriously going to buy full price too, you lost Ubisoft.

HiResDes

This was the year man, 2014. Analingus got new sponsors, lobbyists on capital hill, a white house subcommittee telling you that "all girls love it" and that "if it's clean, why not".

Also Far Cry 4 PC reviews are delayed. That gives me the impression it's shit. I was seriously going to buy full price too, you lost Ubisoft.
The reviews are out and they're very positive.

Esch

Banned
the one time a game gets a brown protagonist and i can't back it with my wallet 100% out the gate

jbcC6E6NtOglYq.png
Ubilost

Courage

Shady ass motherfuckers. You'd think they'd have the common sense to immediately stop the bad press by removing all release day embargo's after ACU. This is just gonna exacerbate the clusterfuck.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Now that I'm at a point in my life when I can actually afford to buy all the games I want to play, I no longer have the goddamn time to play them.

How's that borderlands presequel? First two games are some of my most played games in the last 5 years. Just haven't had the time to get it yet.

Esch

Banned
How's that borderlands presequel? First two games are some of my most played games in the last 5 years. Just haven't had the time to get it yet.

Best one they've made so far IMO. The gravity element makes for some fun vertical gunplay, and they cut down on the worst part of the series; the hyuk-hyuk Reddit neckbeard humor.

thabiz

Best one they've made so far IMO. The gravity element makes for some fun vertical gunplay, and they cut down on the worst part of the series; the hyuk-hyuk Reddit neckbeard humor.

didnt they hire some brother-sister neckbeard combo from reddit or something last time?

Now that I'm at a point in my life when I can actually afford to buy all the games I want to play, I no longer have the goddamn time to play them.

It's fun. Some of the quests are a bit too much "go over here, now go someplace else" but that's me being nitpicky.

yes, those are the best two adjustments to the game.

codhand

wait, really? that is the only reason i was on the fence; the try-hard, meta jokes that were decidedly
sitdown.png

also FC3 ran great on PC, fingers crossed.

biz i think they hired anthony burch from destructoid to handle some writing in B2, didnt hear about a bro-sis tag team

HiResDes

I like the humor y'all must want everything to be on some Tom Clancy super serial tip. It's made in this comical style so why shouldn't it attempt to be humorous. I also heard the Pre-Sequel is ass because of the horrid quest design.

codhand

I like the humor y'all must want everything to be on some Tom Clancy super serial tip. It's made in this comical style so why shouldn't it attempt to be humorous. I also heard the Pre-Sequel is ass because of the horrid quest design.

the funniest games ive played are probably the recent South Park game, and Jazz Punk. Borderlands 1 had some good bits, but Tiny Teena gave me migraines with her constant pop culture references and botched, dated, meme lingo...

so are the quests ass esch?

Fjordson

My winter sale games list is looking stacked as fuuuck right now:

Civ beyond earth
Evil within
Dragon age inquisition
Far cry 4 or AC unity

I hear dragon age is really long too
Gamespot reviewer said he wasn't even max level and had a bunch of quests to do after 80 hours. I was like goddamn.

Probably just gonna get that and GTA V for now.

Courage

the funniest games ive played are probably the recent South Park game, and Jazz Punk. Borderlands 1 had some good bits, but Tiny Teena gave me migraines with her constant pop culture references and botched, dated, meme lingo...

Claptrap is very hit or miss too.

Esch

Banned
wait, really? that is the only reason i was on the fence; the try-hard, meta jokes that were decidedly
sitdown.png

Yeah, it's barely there this time around and it's much better.

I don't have anything against a humor-based game; for example one of my GotY candidates last year was The Stanley Parable. I just don't think the writing in BL is funny at all.

There's no functional difference between TPS and BL2 quests, no idea where anyone got that idea. It's always some variant of go there, kill or collect X or hit x switch.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I thought BL2 was pretty funny, with the exception of Tina. I couldn't stomach that shit. She was like a Coli thread come to life.

overcast

Is it true that Sunset Overdrive carries that same annoying ass humor? Really bugged me in BL2 (I was fine with the first).

Yeah so do I awh yis got it in that crazy sale a while ago for 5 bucks.
Yeah. I got it for free with my PS4. Shit is game changing.

codhand

forgot about south park. hilarious. might be my goty.

yes anthony burch and his sister. she did the tiny tenna voice.

'scust, like a fuckin conspiracy to shit on a game otherwise tailor made to suit my interests.

also yeah south park the goty.

Yeah, it's barely there this time around and it's much better.

fuck, are gaf hop peeps still playing? want it now...

the only humor in games that actually gets a laugh out of me is usually tim schafer games. brutal legend, psychonauts, grim fandango, costume quest etc.

Fjordson

Is it true that Sunset Overdrive carries that same annoying ass humor? Really bugged me in BL2 (I was fine with the first).
Some of it is bad, but it's nowhere near as bad as like Tiny Tina and some other BL 2 stuff.

But that's just based on the first like 3-4 hours. It's pretty fun (though not sure if I'll finish it with stuff that's about to come out).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Humour in BL2 was great. Wasn't too self-indulgent either, it was a pretty good balance. The type of game BL is is perfectly suited to that sense of humour as well.

Esch

Banned
What do y'all think of the Arkham games?
Unpopular opinion:

I think the appeal here is if you're into comics and batman, and I don't really give a fuck about either. The combat is good for sure and the core of the games work well but everytime I give them a try I feel like I'd rather be playing the best of Assassin's Creed, or Sleeping Dogs. Plus the series graphically has the UE3 everything-is-made-of-rocks-and-sausage that makes me shudder.

IrishNinja

stick of truth was great, and of course PD had that shit on file

that total biscuit guy

fuck can i please not hear that tool's name up in this thread

Let's be real, that's probably his tamest fetish.

also *enters thread* *exits thread* everyone was eat a booty gang

...fair

Looking like I'll grab Alien: Isolation and Evil Within on Black Friday. I haven't beaten Bayo 2, plus I'm getting Smash. That should be good until January or a Farcry/DA price drop.

yeah, roomie's looking to grab alien & possibly bayo 2, im in for evil within as well

Irish and I are gonna gang up on him as we both play as Sonic The Hedgehog

my alt is mr game & watch just so you know

Fjordson

What do y'all think of the Arkham games?
First one was really great. Second one is good and worth playing also, had a dope atmosphere with the open world, though not quite as good as the first.

Origins was okay. I may be in the minority, but I didn't find it nearly as good as the first two.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Still waiting for that Origins GOTY edition before I jump in, but honestly, after 100%ing City, I can't muster up excitement for Knight quite yet.

First one was really great. Second one is good and worth playing also, had a dope atmosphere with the open world, though not quite as good as the first.

Origins was okay. I may be in the minority, but I didn't find it nearly as good as the first two.
From Gaming anyways, I always thought the consensus was that Origins was much more of the same with some bad, new mechanics. And the worst of the bunch.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
All three were great, but Origins was definitely the lesser of the 3. They really messed with the flow of travel in that one, which seems like a minor quibble, but that one also had the most "go to X and then to Y" missions ever.

Origins had fun boss fights, in some ways it felt more cinematic, but in other ways, they just added more enemies to make shit harder, that annoyed me.

I liked City more though, and Asylum was good fun being the original.

Fjordson

Still waiting for that Origins GOTY edition before I jump in, but honestly, after 100%ing City, I can't muster up excitement for Knight quite yet.

From Gaming anyways, I always thought the consensus was that Origins was much more of the same with some bad, new mechanics. And the worst of the bunch.
Ah okay, just wasn't sure with biz co-signing Disco's ranking :lol

And yeah, I'm sure Knight will be a quality game, but I've played a shit ton of the first three. Not sure how hyped I'll be for Knight.

IrishNinja

as a comics fanboy, even though bats aint even in my top 10, first game was so dope. ran through the 2nd and not origins yet but i have to admit, combat was getting stale to me so they'd better switch that up a bit. and esh isn't wrong, that UE3 character modeling looks like butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom