• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

hard to say; i'll need to see a pic of Commissioner Gordon's 80 year old ass - if he's still built like Scott Steiner, it's prolly UE3

Esch

Banned
as a comics fanboy, even though bats aint even in my top 10, first game was so dope. ran through the 2nd and not origins yet but i have to admit, combat was getting stale to me so they'd better switch that up a bit. and esh isn't wrong, that UE3 character modeling looks like butt.
It's amazing man. I know nothing about this but i always wondered if it has something to do with like, lazy presets in UE3 straight from Epic somewhere because so many games from 05-10 built with that engine had the Rocks N' Sausage swag. I first noticed it in UT3 and Gears back when and while a lot of games managed to not look like granite x salsicca (Mirror's Edge for example) you go back and look at Mass Effect 1 and those character models all have this super bumpmapped weird ass look that was awful. It's a nitpick of course, but it always looked pretty ugly to me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
City>Asylum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Origins

Origins was hot vomit in a game case.

It's amazing man. I know nothing about this but i always wondered if it has something to do with like, lazy presets in UE3 straight from Epic somewhere because so many games from 05-10 built with that engine had the Rocks N' Sausage swag. I first noticed it in UT3 and Gears back when and while a lot of games managed to not look like granite x salsicca (Mirror's Edge for example) you go back and look at Mass Effect 1 and those character models all have this super bumpmapped weird ass look that was awful. It's a nitpick of course, but it always looked pretty ugly to me.

has nothing to do with presets, but with the style of the game that's trying to be achieved. Like you said, Mirrors Edge was incredibly unique for the engine being used, but because of the technical achievement that UE3 was at the beginning of the generation and for the accolades that were thrown on Gears because of that a lot of Pubs/Devs stretched to hit that Gears quality. That's why we ended up with so many games full of browns/crimsons and orange all thrown on doo doo looking models.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
as a comics fanboy, even though bats aint even in my top 10, first game was so dope. ran through the 2nd and not origins yet but i have to admit, combat was getting stale to me so they'd better switch that up a bit. and esh isn't wrong, that UE3 character modeling looks like butt.
Yeah I kind of wishes that Silver Age Justice League rumour came true for the sake of switching up the combat a bit more drastically, even if that meant they had to use lame characters like Superman.

Dealing with the environments in general in those games kind of sucks. I wish they were more varied and purposeful. Traveling around the city is not fun when 90% of it looks like the same shithole of alleys and goon playgrounds.

Camp Lo

Banned
City>Asylum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Origins

Origins was hot vomit in a game case.

Tried so many times to get into Origins but I can never make it past the Deadshot fight. It's so boring and lifeless. To go from City to that bullshit, I hope people got demoted.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Tried so many times to get into Origins but I can never make it past the Deadshot fight. It's so boring and lifeless. To go from City to that bullshit, I hope people got demoted.

it not being from the Rocksteady guys meant that a lot of the lessons learned from the last two games wouldn't have been fully understood. It definitely played like a fanboys approximation of what they thought they wanted from an Batman game in that vein. Felt completely disjointed and like a placeholder for the year without a new Batman title to fill that space.

Origins feels like you're watching a movie, whereas City is like reading a comic book it's just got so much more going on.

Origins did somethings right, and the new stuff they added got me excited to see how Arkham Knight is. So we'll see.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Plus, all the gadgets sort of sucked ass in Origins. They made a prequel where he finds sort of all the same exact shit as years later.

The story was pretty dumb too, especially with the switcharoo.

Origins felt sooooo empty and lifeless, the touches like the patient tapes and banter that gave so much character to the first two games were sorely missed.

I played the shit out of both AA and AC. AC is objectively better from a gameplay perspective, but AA's atmosphere >>> AC. Nostalgia factor is kinder to AA since a) it's the og and b) it's a more focused, tighter experience; I think AC suffers from doing so much shit at the same time and going all in on the Assassin's Creed open world. The two are easily some of my favorites of the past 5 years.

The story was pretty dumb too, especially with the switcharoo.
uggggh I forgot about this. Biggest fuckboi move from a dev I've seen in a minute

IrishNinja

....they're still quoting maccadonna in cheddars' ODB thread

while ya'll were talkin bout food and bootyeating, my man was training on planets with 10x the gravity and now he's nearly unstoppable

The Ghostface sampler sounds solid. His voice still throws me off these days, but I liked Twelve Reasons To Die (the Apollo Brown version especially)

Yeah I heard about this back in the summer if this shit was true brehs
mjlol.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Even if we accept the widely-held hypothesis that the human female does not defecate after reaching adulthood (the evidence is mixed on this one), eating ass is still gross.,

I eat ass like when you're trying to get the last of the sherbet off a Flintstones push pop.
NOM NOM bitches.

Any true detective fans should try The Killing if you haven't seen it yet. It's not exactly the same and I've only seen the first two seasons but it's got a creepy vibe to it as well, one case plays out over two whole seasons, and it's addicting as hell, despite some flaws.

I watched S1 when it aired. It started so well but quickly descended into some very stupid red herring of the week shit. And the "twist" finale ending was just too much for me. I quit the show after that.

yeah it's got the right kind of energy. fucking flylo beat though wtf, put this on a backseat freestyle type hit-boy instrumental instead. fatherless.com/ktt definitely needs to get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom