• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

You don't know who Suge Knight is?
bv6ye.png

kids today

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MMLP2 is unlistenable. couldn't even make it through Recovery.

Relapse underrated tho

Flylo x Kendrick was everything we dreamed it could be folks. Kendrick going HAM slowly disintegrating into his disembodied voice floating in and out of future space jazz. Can't wait to hear it on the record.

Darkside though....life altering. One of the two best performances I've ever seen. Dudes who frequent and work at record stores stay winning.

Video clip--> http://instagram.com/p/sIatXmk6gi/
I hate you and your impression of all these shows you go to in Cali lol

cb1115

"I was born with a dick in my brain/yeah, fucked in the head"

9ga8DIT.png

Em was so stupid on Relapse lmao

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"I was born with a dick in my brain/yeah, fucked in the head"

9ga8DIT.png

Em was so stupid on Relapse lmao
My stepfather said that I sucked in the bed

I LOVE that song.

Relapse was decent. Even shit like Elevator and Taking My Ball off of the Refill was fun. That's the last time I didn't mind the accents and actually got shades of the Em who wanted to make fun music instead of soulless introspective music.

EDIT: I actually just looked over the tracklist. Okay not decent, but it had far more hits comparatively to the albums afterwards.

cb1115

"Put a balloon inside your pussy, queef and blow it up"

BRUH

juvenile but I can't help but laugh at that shit

Esch

Banned
A Nas Conspiracy Solved

everything about this is so intriguing to me.

If you thought Droog was Nas you're straight jokes. There were too many telltale signs for you to think otherwise. The writing, the beat selection, the way it all came together as a cohesive project, etc. The fact that this was even a debate is indicative of the power of Nas stan wishful thinking

"nobody else can write and rap like this, it has to be esco bruhh!"

"wow the gawd really going back to illmatic with this one"

"this isnt the first time nas has rapped under a different alias, remember scarlet dunny?"

get fooled by the 2014 equivalent of Angelous/Sacario , brehs
jAwQ2LYw3OpHl.png

cb1115

not gonna lie, I totally thought it was Nas at first.

but then I noticed that Droog never says the n-word.

and yeah, beat selection was too good lol.

thabiz

If you thought Droog was Nas you're straight jokes. There were too many telltale signs for you to think otherwise. The writing, the beat selection, the way it all came together as a cohesive project, etc. The fact that this was even a debate is indicative of the power of Nas stan wishful thinking

"this isnt the first time nas has rapped under a different alias, remember scarlet dunny?"

jAwQ2LYw3OpHl.png

yeah, ill just lol the whole post.

jAwQ2LYw3OpHl.png

The only time I kinda thought "hmmm" was when that pic of Nas and Mac Miller came out, and a month later Droog did a track with Miller.

The oldschool references also gave me pause...but as the article says, the internet ensures that anyone can make an obscure reference. The lack of n-word bombs on the album sealed the deal.

Esch

Banned
yeah, ill just lol the whole post.

New Yorker biting my work smh:

What seems to have happened with Droog and Nas is a case of hopeful wish fulfillment for hip-hop fans in their thirties, many of whom cite Nas’s debut album, “Illmatic,” as the purest possible distillation of hip-hop’s potential. That anyone could fool this normally discerning and cynical bunch is a testament both to Droog’s immense talent and the nostalgia industry that has been built around Nas’s early work. But asking Nas in 2014 to rap like he did in 1993 is like asking Salinger, deep in the New Hampshire woods and cocooned in Mahayana Buddhism, to write “The Catcher in the Rye.”

jAwQ2LYw3OpHl.png
i made it a hot line, they made it a hot song.

Cheddahz

Banned
Speaking of Eminem, my aunt just posted on Facebook saying "It's nice that the kids are in school today, I get to listen to music I normally can't listen around them (her kids are in the 8th grade and 5th grade)" and then she commented on the status saying "Looks like I need to stop listening to the Eminem"

Should I ask her if she was listening to MMLP2?

Esch

Banned
my soul burned slow while reading that paragraph. Esch out chea influencing the press. I can't win.

Actually underlining this whole thing is a legitimately poor comprehension of Nas' very essence as an artist and perhaps as a man from people that claim to be fans
jAwQ2LYw3OpHl.png

There are moments on Droog's tape that are just too provincial in terms of worldview and ambition. There's an unmistakable bandcampesque narrowness of vision there that gives it all away. Despite the intricacy of some of Droog's lyrics, there's a distinct laptop life late 80's-90s kid sensibility to how the tape feels, sounds and is written. others that come off as too vulnerable (the getting turned down by a girl bars are a classic example). Ultimately Gnausier Jones is a egoist much like his one time nemesis Hov. You think a guy that's spent as much of his time bragging about how he fuccs is going to show that kind of vulnerability? A guy who was full of himself enough to put himself on a cross and a crown of thorns in a dumb single about being disliked? A guy who tried to turn his broken heart about being dumped into an album about personal triumph?

Indeed the question here is, do you fools listen to music, or just skim through it?
jAwQ2LYw3OpHl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom