• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Banks is super racist and doesn't even realize it. What a joke.

tbh I don't understand this cultural appropriation thing. Especially how Banks presents it. Should I be pissed that Mafioso Rap exists?

MoodyFog

Well in that case I think there would be reasons to be pissed yeah, though it's way more general than black people and mafioso rap.

I do undestand that the glorification of certain negative aspects of life in Italy (like the mafia in Scorsese movies and the like) could piss some italians off

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
IDK, it's a shameful part of my culture but I can't get mad if an non-Italian rapper incorporates it in his music. Heck, my nickname is a pun on the Camorra. It's a bit weird but I still enjoy it in a silly way. I mean, I kinda get the general problem just not Banks version of it. She just wants everyone separated even more. At least it looks like that.

Not that Iggy is much better. That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

MoodyFog

IDK, it's a shameful part of my culture but I can't get mad if an non-Italian rapper incorporates it in his music. Heck, my nickname is a pun on the Camorra. It's a bit weird but I still enjoy it in a silly way. I mean, I kinda get the general problem just not Banks version of it. She just wants everyone separated even more. At least it looks like that.

Not that Iggy is much better. That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Hey since I didn't know you were Italian, do you know Guè Pequeno dude?

An Italian friend introduced me to the guy and although I understand one word out of 10 I like his style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS_GKWzHRTA

Detox

Don't see it as appropriation of culture a by the artists. The fans are racist or ignorant by only choosing to listen to them.

Esch

Banned
Oh and for reference the only people in the game that might
1m8lwfk.gif
the vibes of this tape better than French are Spitta and Max B. The rest, nah.

Even then, he still blasted us with the waves.

amazing-gif-pt3-endless-wave.gif

HiResDes

Man I want to sell these vintage speakers, I was just about to throw them on ebay for like fifty bones, but then I did a little research and it seems they might be worth some coin. They're Pioneer S-77x speakers from 1982. I found this on this vintage speaker site:

TqyPmtF.png

And then on the Pioneer site they're selling parts for a shitload:

...So now I'm thinking maybe I should keep them

PBY

Banned
Man I want to sell these vintage speakers, I was just about to throw them on ebay for like fifty bones, but then I did a little research and it seems they might be worth some coin. They're Pioneer S-77x speakers from 1982. I found this on this vintage speaker site:

TqyPmtF.png

And then on the Pioneer site they're selling parts for a shitload:

...So now I'm thinking maybe I should keep them

What part of the set do have? Sub, etc?

HiResDes

I just have the pair of speakers. I really think they're worth about 200 easy, but I don't think I'll get that on ebay so I'm just gonna keep em

Courage

I'd rather drown in a literal wave than hear Montana surf his. Might give it a go only because I love Harry Fraud's production.

Esch

Banned
I'm the voice of them killers, turn dope into millions

get hung with a rope from the ceilin, where i'm from either you smokin or dealin

price of life so cheap, 100 deep, with coke in the building

old n*****s keep talk about the rules of the streets

baby home crying aint got no food to eat

all that stress got you losing sleep

amazing-gif-pt3-endless-wave.gif

Esch

Banned
I listened to forest hills drive again in between mac and cheese 4 appetizer replays and
sleepsmilie.gif

J. Cole is out of chances with me. not cause he's bad, but just so utterly banal and shrugworthy. He's the dave matthews band of hip hop.

PBY

Banned
Someone actually compiled a Harry fraud set that has all the highlights. Mac and cheese 3 isn't all fraud, but it GOES too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom