• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
lol you pass the test, i understand everyone has different taste but every kanye fan knows he can make great music, so i don't understand how anyone can even compare yeezus shit to his previous works, its like he wanted to be different only for the sake of being different, especially with the fake "no radio hits" shit he was spewing to justify the flop, he's changed so much since his early days, he has a huge ego now and it is affecting his work, i can't think of any recent songs thats decent by him. He has another chance with his next album, but if its wack again then thats the beginning of the end of his music career, I don't understand how someone can fall off so hard so fast after making so many good albums, and the fans who say "its supposed to be different, its ahead of its time u just don't get it, kanye is a genius" is just making excuses for how bad yeezus is.

its good to know there's people out there that feel the same coz at the end of the day its the music that matters, it really doesn't matter who it comes from, im sure there's people defending yeezus only because its kanye, which is really stupid because dickriding any artist to that level is just fucking insane to me.

shit lathered in chocolate still taste like shit lol

Yeezus is a good barometer for telling who's too dusty to appreciate some cutting edge, dope shit. Objectively better than 808's and MBDTF.

GAF-Hop about to enter into 2015 with another Kanye cycle huh? Seems only right.

Rocky single and Kendrick news coming today.

We gonna be alright.

Speaking of GOATs..

Kendrick Lamar EP released 5 years ago today.

birth of a king brehs.

we gonna end this year on some real #stanley shit

RIKKI ‏@RikkiMaa

#KendrickLamarEP dropped 5 years ago today . Catch a special edition of #ROOTD on the @XXL channel of @dash_radio . 2pm PST . Celebrate, Dot

no idea what ROOTD is

ayyy lmao

Thsee Days is one of the flat out worst rap albums I've ever heard in my life. Ive listened to Silkk Da Shocker albums that were better.

I couldn't agree with this more. Deleted that shit after actually trying to give it multiple shots. Control System was a decent, 7/10 at most record. These Days was hot garbage.

studyguy

Everything after Control System is straight trash from Ab, he's junk on features too. Ruins what was otherwise a chill song I enjoyed on Pinata. Big part of my disappointment with TDE is he inevitably shows up in their shit.

Haven't people learned any lessons from the garbage Notorious movie? Never make a movie about a career when the people are still alive and big. It never works out and egos will always come in and change things.

While Notorious had several other problems aside from that. A big issue will always be how accurate these films are for me. Can't stand seeing something where you can clearly tell someone wrote himself in as cool or a badass. And this movie looks to be full of it.

MoodyFog

Haven't people learned any lessons from the garbage Notorious movie? Never make a movie about a career when the people are still alive and big. It never works out and egos will always come in and change things.

While Notorious had several other problems aside from that. A big issue will always be how accurate these films are for me. Can't stand seeing something where you can clearly tell someone wrote himself in as cool or a badass. And this movie looks to be full of it.

I don't understand your example, notorious was long dead before the movie..

Cheddahz

Banned
In case there are any Ugly Mane stans out there wanting to spend a grip on the box set, the preorders are finally up.

I love Lil Ugly Mane, but not for $175 (and the first ten are bids anyways, so it'll probably be much more than that)

EDIT: Already over $500

Yeezus is a good barometer for telling who's too dusty to appreciate some cutting edge, dope shit. Objectively better than 808's and MBDTF.

^^^

Calling something "weird" or dismissing it for trying to be "different for the sake of being different" is the laziest critism of music possible imo. Just a meaningless statement.

Im sure this aint the first time Aubrey got the hands courtesy of a cat who aint exactly known for catchin fades left n right…but this shit was damn near poetic yo. Soon as I heard Drizzy got smacked up by Puff I hadda let the crying emoji chopper sing bruh. That was a moment of weakness namsayin… I mean I aint een kno my phone had emojis on it. I wish to God there was a video of this shit tho… I mean yall muthafuckas capture damn near every high school girls bathroom cat fight from Zaire to Siberia n have that shit on World Star 15 mins later but you tellin me not one individual pulled they phone out fast enough to commemorate the fade of the decade? Nobody captured the vision of Aubrey gettin stole on by the man in the picture below all boo’d up wit the n***a he hit in the head witta champagne bottle back in ’99? Im so appalled…Spalding ball…

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
^^^

Calling something "weird" or dismissing it for trying to be "different for the sake of being different" is the laziest critism of music possible imo. Just a meaningless statement.

It's funny cause Yeezus really isn't even that out there or abrasive, especially compared to the solo work of some of the involved producers like Evian Christs or shit in a similar lane like Death Grips. It's like a very polished and accessible take on that shit.

Yeezus is a good barometer for telling who actually likes rap music or they just kanye stans

like that one or two rap album a year when Pitchfork give it a 9.5 or some shit

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeezus is a good barometer for telling who actually likes rap music or they just kanye stans

Nope. It's the only Kanye album I'm really into. Never was a huge fan prior.

Tokubetsu

So apparently Big Krit is dating Mara Hruby? Big Krit won brehs. Him and Curren$y beat the game. They're in the end credits screen right now.

Yeezus is a shit rap album and a really, really good hip hop album that refines (to its detriment imo) elements a lot of people are messing with in hip hop right now. idk why liking it means you're "just a Kanye Stan".

Esch

Banned
just a bunch of different music slammed together willy nilly with various levels of success track by track. it's not really a barometer of anything
myyqQEs.png

its alright

yep coz new is always better

i guess since i been bumpin logic lately that makes u and yeezus being the dusty ones

^^^

im not dismissing it only because its being different, all of kanye's albums are different, only difference is they don't sound like shit

coming off of mbdtf and heavily anticipating yeezus, my excitement was quickly replaced by disappointment, i might sound like im just being a hater to u, but it sucks to be let down like that you know? u guys can enjoy it all you want but to me it was a huge let down.

its just how i feel, love it or hate it, good music is hard to come by as it is, I just want some good shit from kanye, i don't like talkin bout shit music in general, i rather discuss music i like, so that post was just me ranting bout kanye falling off, not like he is the first artist that has fallen off to me.

i probably shouldn't have dragged yeezus fans into it though, my bad =]

at the end of the day it doesn't matter if people who aren't your fans dont like your new shit as long as your fans are happy but if a big portion of that fanbase hates it, then you're obviously doing something wrong. I want kanye to have a career, not fall off like alot of rappers have, that doesn't benefit me in any way. He isn't a one hit wonder, he has many great albums under his belt and it just kinda sucks that i can't enjoy it the way some people can, i enjoy all his other albums,so im pretty sure im not missing anything special that makes yeezus so great.

subjectivity sucks sometimes

Esch

Banned
its definitely better than MBDTDDFD. Less floated by features, not mixed like shit, less self indulgent with things like song length. I mean both are brainless cobbled together frankenmonsters made up of other peoples work, but i prefer the more focused one
dUlMFSY.png

808s is more cohesive but takes a big L on the esch scale since the only good songs are the singles.

Brch14R.png

dusty irrelevant ass niggas finally get their library card and use their one hour computer time to bump logic on the dawn of 2015

what would your mom think is she saw that shit

Servbot24

Banned
Is it wrong if Rick Ross was my favorite rap record this year :<

Yeezus would be amazing if it sounded like Ye actually cared for more than half the album.

I'm with Snuggles, Yeezus is my favorite Kanye album. It has more to do with not really being into his other work than Yeezus though.

im not dismissing it only because its being different, all of kanye's albums are different, only difference is they don't sound like shit

coming off of mbdtf and heavily anticipating yeezus, my excitement was quickly replaced by disappointment, i might sound like im just being a hater to u, but it sucks to be let down like that you know? u guys can enjoy it all you want but to me it was a huge let down.

its just how i feel, love it or hate it, good music is hard to come by as it is, I just want some good shit from kanye, i don't like talkin bout shit music in general, i rather discuss music i like, so that post was just me ranting bout kanye falling off, not like he is the first artist that has fallen off to me.

i probably shouldn't have dragged yeezus fans into it though, my bad =]

I'm not saying you should like the record. Just that saying it's "different for the sake of being different" is super lazy and meaningless as an observation. It wasn't different and he went in that direction because Evian Christ, Arca, etc were all pushing into that sound at the same time and he wanted in on it, so he bit/bought their sound.

It's 100% fair to just not like Yeezus, but it should be for a viable reason, you know?

Courage

Not a lot. RTJ2, Piñata, Schoolboy Q, Cunninlynguists... that might actually be it

I'm sure there was plenty of great stuff I missed but pretty weak year off those

Check out the Rap Ups in the OP if you wanna listen to more. I'd recommend OG Maco's self-titled EP, Goldlink's God Complex and Isaiah Rashad's Cilvia Demo.

kanye cycle is so 2014

2015 we doing Prince cycle fam

Sign o' the Times > Purple Rain > The Gold Experience > Dirty Mind > 1999 > 3121 > Lovesexy > Parade > Prince > Controversy > Batman > Graffti Bridge > Symbol > Diamonds and Pearls > Lotusflow3r > The Black Album > Age Official Age > Musicology > For You > Come > dem dusty irrelevant ass 90s/early 2000 records dat nigga did when he broke up with Warner Brothers and aint nobody checkin' for 'cept hardcore Prince fans

Purple Rain:College Dropout::Sign o' the Times:My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Pathos

Banned
Yeezus is great. It's better than MBDTF. 808s is better than both of them.
MBDTF is overrated as fuck.
Edit: Ye has not made one bad album tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom