• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti-white? Huh?

The statement he was making is that certain black entertainers feel on the same level as whites when they reach similar financial success. "Looking at the outside niggers like they ain't shit and you are". And that it's an illusion, white people will always be be ahead of blacks in America, and even the success you are given is GIVEN in and of itself. Criminal, success, failure, achievement...all dictated by whites. So reperations can never be made, and a few successful black entertainers doesn't mean anything. It's an awareness plea and anti white at its core.

Basically he's not wrong, per say, but he's an idiot.

I really want to sit these lost dudes down and ask them a few questions. Who are the defacto biggest rappers in the genre right now, from sales to long term relevancy?

Drake, Hov, Eminem, Kendrick, Cole, Kanye, Wayne. Or something like that, right? You could even expand the list and include Nikki, Ross, etc. There's one white person on the list. One. Until Iggy proves that she's here to stay she shouldn't even be considered a major player, much less have a damn arena tour but that's another topic. So...how are white people taking over when the dominant artists remain black?

Drake has effortlessly gone platinum three times, and will go platinum again this year; he is easily the most relevant, biggest rapper in the game right now. Cole went gold in two weeks without a fucking single. Hov and Kendrick will go gold this year, at the least. Kanye will probably go gold although his sales and relevance are in decline. Wayne...eh will probably bomb, but not long ago he was on superstar levels.

Macklemore went platinum with some pop rap songs but outside of that, who do white people have winning at rap outside of Eminem? Who do they have on the horizon? Mac Miller does well but he's not some pop rap infiltrator.

I really want to sit these lost dudes down and ask them a few questions. Who are the defacto biggest rappers in the genre right now, from sales to long term relevancy?

Drake, Hov, Eminem, Kendrick, Cole, Kanye, Wayne. Or something like that, right? You could even expand the list and include Nikki, Ross, etc. There's one white person on the list. One. Until Iggy proves that she's here to stay she shouldn't even be considered a major player, much less have a damn arena tour but that's another topic. So...how are white people taking over when the dominant artists remain black?

Drake has effortlessly gone platinum three times, and will go platinum again this year; he is easily the most relevant, biggest rapper in the game right now. Cole went gold in two weeks without a fucking single. Hov and Kendrick will go gold this year, at the least. Kanye will probably go gold although his sales and relevance are in decline. Wayne...eh will probably bomb, but not long ago he was on superstar levels.

Macklemore went platinum with some pop rap songs but outside of that, who do white people have winning at rap outside of Eminem? Who do they have on the horizon? Mac Miller does well but he's not some pop rap infiltrator.

Dudes too caught up in the Grammy's not realizing that shit isn't for you in the first place

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Wayne and Ye are still insanely relevant, neither are on a decline. Anything either says gets eaten up by popular media and people will listen, enjoy and buy their music until the end of time. Ross has already had longevity and relevance most artists would die for, he's not potentially in that conversation, he's been a staple for a very long time already and there is no debate about that.

Who the fuck is Ye?

4KR95JT.jpg
My girl staHHr is rocking this shirt of the Run the Jewels Album that I see y'all fellas feeling so much, maybe I should go check it out now?

Kanye got outsold by Cole last time. I doubt his new album will match Forest Drive's sales. It's a pretty clear sales decline. Now Kanye is moreso known for his personality and wife than his music.

Wayne...I understand why Universal won't release the album. They're probably trying to figure out how to recoup on Pinkprint.

Kanye got outsold by Cole last time. I doubt his new album will match Forest Drive's sales. It's a pretty clear sales decline. Now Kanye is moreso known for his personality and wife than his music.

Wayne...I understand why Universal won't release the album. They're probably trying to figure out how to recoup on Pinkprint.

Weird, kanye appears way more popular than cole but cole manages to sell more.

Cheddahz

Banned
I know one of you guys have been feeling Joey Bada$$ as of lately. Should I go check him out now that since my girl Malia is rocking his shirt?

Esch

Banned
Weird, kanye appears way more popular than cole but cole manages to sell more.

That's cause Kanye penisinhaling doesn't really exist in real life like that. His tours sell well, but you don't really run into that many of his stans the same way you do on the net. Kinda like how people on the internet are obsessed with eating excessive amounts of bacon, or eating ass. You're applying gafhop paradigms to real life.

dPrJaGc.png

Kanye has more trainwreck onlookers than fans. People go to his concerts for the spectacle and because he released their favorite song 6 years ago, not because they're hardcore fans or care about his new shit.

Yeezus was the beginning of the end for him, just watch. I eagerly await Enzo's spin when Kanye sells like 200k first week, drops 65% in the second week, and is never heard from again.

"Technically Kanye isn't a rapper, he's a fashion designer. If you were a cashier at Red Lobster and sold 500 paintings, you'd have quite a successful side hustle going on. Likewise Kanye selling 216,230 copies of Yeezlejuice is quite an accomplishment for a man so focused on shifting the culture of clothing #NoCotton"
Zc4vQWi.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

So.. Cole outselling him on 2nd week totals means he outsold him? Born Sinner is sitting at a hair over Gold, Kanye went platinum and still outsold Cole domestically. And Kanye is still known for his music first and foremost, though I'm pretty sure that's just a subtle troll attempt. Don't spread nonsense and made up numbers, people will believe it.

When will you also shake your unrealistic expectations for sales? It's a natural sales decline in this industry for anyone not named Jay-Z in this young man's game. You can't even use Jay as a good metric because of the sponsorship stuff with MCHG and BP3 being five years ago. If Jay puts out an album this year, he's within the margin of error with Drake if they have the same marketing IMO.

Kanye has more trainwreck onlookers than fans. People go to his concerts for the spectacle and because he released their favorite song 6 years ago, not because they're hardcore fans or care about his new shit.

Yeezus was the beginning of the end for him, just watch. I eagerly await Enzo's spin when Kanye sells like 200k first week, drops 65% in the second week, and is never heard from again.

"Technically Kanye isn't a rapper, he's a fashion designer. If you were a cashier at Red Lobster and sold 500 paintings, you'd have quite a successful side hustle going on. Likewise Kanye selling 216,230 copies of Yeezlejuice is quite an accomplishment for a man so focused on shifting the culture of clothing #NoCotton"
Zc4vQWi.png
lololol what makes this post funny is that everyone who made a big deal about the Yeezus dropoff being tragic and he'd never make Gold, etc. got exposed for not knowing what they were talking about. Pretty sure you were one of them since your still peddling this.

Kanye doing 200k would still be pretty good in this volatile environment. I expect it within a few releases (Or with Cruel Winter), irregardless of how earthshattering or crap the music itself or the marketing is. Anyone with their head screwed on straight can see that.

Zc4vQWi.png

lmfao

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sensational
When there is no frame of reference for an artist that's taken as many musical and extracareer risks as Kanye in this genre, it's not crazy.

When you stop tuning your ear to the legions that hate the guy when it is convenient for your argument, Ye's punching pretty well for the trials he's gone through. Two of his records in particular people said would end him completely, but it's still eyes on.

I think the next record will probably be 300k, and then it will gradually settle down from there unless we see a value proposition that counteracts industry trends (and we're seeing this from other big players too, but the sudden release shit is gonna get played out quick, pretty much already has been).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
enzo why you always take the bait bruh
It's not just because it's Kanye, but for someone that listens to Combat Jack and shit often, it's perplexing how perpetually twisted PD's idea of record sales and what they mean is whenever he tries to infer something.

We see it other times from more people too like when Danny Brown was about to go triple plywood, but I still think people have super unrealistic expectations all across the board.

Esch

Banned
Who else went to church this morning and participated in communion?

I didn't get to stay for communion, but the church choir was getting it in this morn.

None of us. What topic do you think you're posting in? Ave Satanas, choking your female family members out in the bedroom while we're lit off cocaine and bourbon.

jExL9qASVpEtB.png

Courage

Richard bout to keep reminding us of seeing him eat ass, as if we wanted to witness such an event.

where the sex tape at breh

Tokubetsu

PD hates Kanye because he can't stand to see a dark brother prosper. Would rather support light skinned devils like J.Cole.

Shipped one mil, sold 630k. I'll get Born Sinner's numbers in a sec.

#factsonly

According to wiki

Born sinner: "As of September 19, 2013, the album has sold over 599,000 copies in the United States"

Yeezus: "As of January 5, 2014, the album has sold 630,000 copies in the United States"

isn't 630k a higher number than 599k, PD?
dPrJaGc.png

#factsonly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom