• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

that timbo appreciation thread on thecoli brehs. he's got so many classics
n6DZ7.png

all yall talking about Jess Molli have seen her worldstar vid right? obv nsfw.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Hot 97 sounding early 2000 era with all of this dipset. Harlem in the building.

Meh on Banks. After her old tweets surfaced (even before then really) with her basically admitting she was racist and going at Asians, she can miss me with her thoughts entirely. Meanwhile, the one she's going at was speaking on the very racist shit she supposedly cares about.

that timbo appreciation thread on thecoli brehs. he's got so many classics
n6DZ7.png

No bullshit. That man was sampling the wildest shit and turning it into greatness.

Crud

Banned
Hot 97 sounding early 2000 era, with all of this dipset. Harlem in the building.

Meh on Banks. After her old tweets surfaced with her basically admitting she was racist and going at Asians, she can miss me with her thoughts. Meanwhile, the one she's going at was speaking on the very racist shit she supposedly cares about.

So I keep seeing people call her racist I've never seen the racist tweets where can I dig em up at without having to scroll all in her twitter feed? Has she also spoke on being racist? If so then wow. But I'm going to try to find the tweets.

EDIT: She tweets like 70 times a day.

Nibel

Not sure if I could even handle Jess Molli tbh

Tinashe though

zzepaum9nuj1.png

And Crud, you can find everything about Banks on Google; I assume every blogger ever has made at least one post about her

HiResDes

Tinashe though

zzepaum9nuj1.png

And Crud, you can find everything about Banks on Google; I assume every blogger ever has made at least one post about her

I'm down to take the Jess Molli challenge

okami and cygn are FIRE! two point four on okami might already be the beat of the year.

flaco is good, but its mostly recycled beats. and bones is bones.

also check this out

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146120162&postcount=17909
GOOD LOOKS

Crud

Banned

Tinashe though

zzepaum9nuj1.png

I'm checking what did she say about Asians? It would help the search.

Trying to make my list but I keep getting stuck on albums. I pretty much know where the Black Milk album will go...but if I listen to one song I have to listen to five. Love this shit...

Album loser so far? Cormega's Mega Philosophy. I had it ranked rather high months ago but nearly every noteworthy album released since then is better. The highs on Mega Philosophy are super high while the lows are rather average at best. Overall it's a good album, just not good enough in hindsight.

Crud

Banned
Found it. I had to dig through pages of Iggys shit. That's pretty fucked up with she said. I hate twitter sometimes. I use it to post music not spew out racist thoughts omg like wtf. Asian people don't have personality? She wants to merry a Asian man for lo mein and massages. *sigh* They should of called her out on that on her most recent interview on Hot 97. But they are ignorant to they probably thought the tweet was funny or don't care. My god.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Good shit for Cole.

I'm checking what did she say about Asians? It would help the search.

It's in the latest of the rapper twitter exposures.

Said she hope didn't have to karate chop any Asians dudes. Also said she was ready to admit that she was racist. Unless they're forgeries, who am I to disagree on her self analysis (even still, I think she is)? Edit: I didn't even see those. lmao. This chick.

H1PSTER

So guys... I'm new to this genre.

I find it hard to find artists to listen to so I wondered if you guys would recommend some to me!

I've listened to The Constructus Corporation - The Ziggurat CD1 which was nice and Ratking - So It Goes, I loved the beats but the rapping was somewhat off-putting, something that would grow on me though as it wasn't awful.

I've also listened to Deltron 3030's S/T and Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst.

Both were incredible.

So do you have any albums to turn this metalhead onto your genre?

I find it hard to find artists to listen to so I wondered if you guys would recommend some to me!

I've listened to The Constructus Corporation - The Ziggurat CD1 which was nice and Ratking - So It Goes, I loved the beats but the rapping was somewhat off-putting, something that would grow on me though as it wasn't awful.

I've also listened to Deltron 3030's S/T and Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst.

Both were incredible.

If you're into metal then Tech N9ne, Twisted Insane, and Kung Fu Vampire might be to your liking.

Has anyone here had much experience talking to any artists over the internet? I like how fans actually have the ability to communicate with artists now. Most of them show respect and I asked a couple if they're dropping new albums this year and they said it depends. One told me to suck a dick.

Both were incredible.

Do you like this song
Did you like Deltron and Octagon? If so...do you like this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4iR668Ki3I

If so...MF DOOM.

I sat in my chair dyin for 5 minutes listening to that old video of RZA's "crafting a beat"
Old white guy bopping his head like the shit was the hotness had me almost falling out my chair. I wish I'd seen the video when it came out.

If you're into metal then Tech N9ne, Twisted Insane, and Kung Fu Vampire might be to your liking.

Has anyone here had much experience talking to any artists over the internet? I like how fans actually have the ability to communicate with artists now. Most of them show respect and I asked a couple if they're dropping new albums this year and they said it depends. One told me to suck a dick.

ahaha, who told you to eat a dick?

Esch

Banned
Dälek-Abandoned Language
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers
GZA- Liquid Swords
Nujabes-Metaphorical Music
Ghostface Killah - Iron Man
Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
Curren$y - Covert Coup
Mobb Deep - The Infamous
Biggie Smalls- Ready to Die
Gang Starr - Moment of Truth
MF DOOM- Mmmm. Food

H1PSTER

Dälek-Abandoned Language
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers
GZA- Liquid Swords
Nujabes-Metaphorical Music
Ghostface Killah - Iron Man
Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
Curren$y - Covert Coup
Mobb Deep - The Infamous
Biggie Smalls- Ready to Die
Gang Starr - Moment of Truth
MF DOOM- Mmmm. Food

Cosign on the Dalek recommendation. Give Death Grips a try if you want some industrial fuego too.

Immortal Technique brehs

oh and Hopsin

Ah, I was a fan of DG before wanting to get into this genre! I love how raw it sounds and the beats are great; weirdness is what I appreciate when it comes to my hip-hop I think, that's also why I like Dr. Octagon so much.

Thank you guys, it's appreciated :)

Edit: I didn't mention it but I have listened to Kanye West, Yeezus stands out to me beat-wise, it goes into what I said about DG; the music sounds great and the way Kanye did his vocal structures is like sex to my ears.

But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate other stuff, I really, really liked the Deltron and Dr. Octagon albums, the way the raps flow is fantastic and the use of their vocabulary is great.

I've also had KA - The Night's Gambit recommended to me, what are Gaf-Hop's opinions on it? Not just as a recommendation but in general.

Both were incredible.

Fantastic Vol. 2-Slum Village

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom