• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
B6mheZwIgAEubL8.jpg
B6mheVcIAAAin2j.jpg

TOMORROW!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why care about how big her career is? Or what it could of been. Listen to her music and receive the message. Don't focus on where her career is going. She will do that. She could bail out and do hair for all I care.

I feel like people look at the artist first from a outside point of view (gender, race, wealth status, etc) then go in and listen to the music with a opinion already made up off of something as dumb as where her career is going or something else.
But.. this didn't really happen with Azealia Banks. She had a mostly positive reception before everyone found out she was a blatant racist (which solidified her as being even more hateful human being than we already presumed). It's not an infrequent thing where people judge the music independently of the person here, but I don't think its hard to understand why someone would lose interest in such a situation as with Banks where someone goes off the deep end.

Also she doesn't really put messages in her music, she even said that.

Crud

Banned
tbh I fuck with banks on the simple virtue of her beefs being some of the best entertainment out there. There's no doubt in my mind that girl would have a bigger career if only she'd shut her dumb ass mouth every now and then.

But then where would we be now? Also I can't remember the last time we talked about sales other than Cole coming out here on top outta nowhere.

Yeah, because all we listen to Drake and Drake only

troll.png

Her being a one minded bitch who doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut and she basically ruined her chance whenever she got big, so it's her fault that she didn't sell too many copies of her album and we can mock her as much as we want to cause of it (and the fact she is still not keeping her mouth shut)

Yikes! God forbid a girl speak her mind about anything. Sound like you are ready to stone her to death. I hope she keeps speaking her mind she is young and with time she will be able to articulate her stances on social issues more clearly and maybe it will upset you less. But chill out on the bitch shut her mouth shit. Sounds like you hate women...Sounds like you hate yourself. Peace be with you brother.

Yikes! God forbid a girl speak her mind about anything. Sound like you are ready to stone her to death. I hope she keeps speaking her mind she is young and with time she will be able to articulate her stances on social issues more clearly and maybe it will upset you less. But chill out on the bitch shut her mouth shit. Sounds like you hate women...Sounds like you hate yourself. Peace be with you brother.

I feel you man. Can you believe that Kendrick Lamar "i" song is the most hated song here. Makes a lot of sense

MoodyFog

Well said brother Tizi

OG Kush

Anyone here watch Red Bull Culture Clash? For those that didn't watch ASAP mob got mashed up by Rebel Sound and even BBK. They had no idea of what a clash was and just played a normal concert, was awkward to watch...
Now ASAP Rocky is getting all butthurt about it on twitter, quie funny.

Anyone here watch Red Bull Culture Clash? For those that didn't watch ASAP mob got mashed up by Rebel Sound and even BBK. They had no idea of what a clash was and just played a normal concert, was awkward to watch...
Now ASAP Rocky is getting all butthurt about it on twitter, quie funny.
Are rappers typically invited to this? Seems more like it was in jest.

• Pick a coast to rep -east
• Favorite Artist -k.dot or Andre 3000
• Favorite Artist Outside of Hip Hop/ Rap? - daft punk
• Best feature killer - Andre 3000
• Favourite producer - Kanye
• Favourite album - recently Midnight Maurauders
• What's in your playlist right now? - lunch money- pusha t
• What's Your 2014 AOTY? - pinata or rtj2

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: mbdtf>808s>CD>LR>Yeezus>Graduation
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Method Man.
ive never listened to a wu album
• Jay Z or Nas? Nas
• Biggie or Pac? Pac
• What’s your dream album/project? whenever 3stacks decides to release an album
mjcry1.png

• Who is the next big rapper/producer? Og Maco
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? Cunninlynguists
• Have you been known to eat ass? thats private
• Whats your favorite position to get pegd? doggystyle no lube
• Onions or Avocados? Onions all day
• Can you Cook REAL food? spaghetti

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Jay Z or Nas? Nas
• Biggie or Pac? Pac
mjcry1.png

Welcome to the thread.
Nice choices on that Andre, Nas, and CunninLynguists. A Piece of Strange is one of the best albums of all time along with It Was Written.

meanwhile Banks defends Cosby and trivializes rape by propagating nonsense ("if you don't go to the authorities right away you're lying"). Your thoughts?

hold this L.

Crud

Banned
meanwhile Banks defends Cosby and trivializes rape by propagating nonsense ("if you don't go to the authorities right away you're lying"). Your thoughts?

hold this L.

I understand what she said was crazy. But I'm not going off on a whole "bitch shut your mouth" tirade let her speak her mind. What your boy was talking was nothing but self hatred manifested into a post. I'm not about shutting people up when they speak their mind. I will listen and disagree respectfully. But some folks want to take it further than that. That's too much.

I may not agree with you, but I'm never going to try to keep you from speaking you mind. The "bitch shut your mouth" is just too much for me and it sounds like people have a issue with women speaking up for anything Cosby rape or nah. Its automatically shes a dumb bitch shut up and sit down. Gotta stop that.

Thanks for the letter L. I will use it now. Telling someone to hold a L is Lame.

I understand what she said was crazy. But I'm not going off on a whole "bitch shut your mouth" tirade let her speak her mind. What your boy was talking was nothing but self hatred manifested into a post. I'm not about shutting people up when they speak their mind. I will listen and disagree respectfully. But some folks want to take it further than that. That's too much.

I may not agree with you, but I'm never going to try to keep you from speaking you mind. The "bitch shut your mouth" is just too much for me and it sounds like people have a issue with women speaking up for anything Cosby rape or nah. Its automatically shes a dumb bitch shut up and sit down. Gotta stop that.

Thanks for the letter L. I will use it now. Telling someone to hold a L is Lame.

She's dumb as fuck. I won't call her a dumb bitch simply because I don't like that word. But she's not saying too much that Lord Jamar isn't saying, and he's been called dumb as fuck too - on this very forum. So I can't cosign the misogyny card here. She's a dumbass and is inarticulate, has burned bridges and killed her career. Those are facts.

She can speak her mind, I wouldn't tell her to shut up. She's killing herself even more so by all means, keep talking.

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Jay Z or Nas? Nas
• Biggie or Pac? Pac
mjcry1.png

dude im in the middle of marathoning sopranos right now haha

Supporting racists is pretty lame too.

overcast

Toku with that beautiful post. I feel you man.

Also, welcome Moltisanti! And fuck banks she should shut her mouth. Nothing to do with misogyny she's dumb and racist.

Crud

Banned
She's dumb as fuck. I won't call her a dumb bitch simply because I don't like that word. But she's not saying too much that Lord Jamar isn't saying, and he's been called dumb as fuck too - on this very forum. So I can't cosign the misogyny card here. She's a dumbass and is inarticulate, has burned bridges and killed her career. Those are facts.

She can speak her mind, I wouldn't tell her to shut up. She's killing herself even more so by all means, keep talking.

I don't care about her career.

I care about people trying to shut anybody up for speaking on how they feel. Tons of artist felt some way last year about Ferguson and next to nobody made any music about it because they all fear their careers will be in jeopardy.

The courage is gone. She says crazy shit puts herself out there to be criticized and that's great, because it starts a conversation. People here don't want that though. They just want to confirm shes a dumb bitch move on and call it a day. No conversation at all.

All this career shit keeps people from speaking up that's my grudge.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't care about her career.

I care about people trying to shut anybody up for speaking on how they feel. Tons of artist felt some way last year about Ferguson and next to nobody made any music about it because they all fear their careers will be in jeopardy.

The courage is gone. She says crazy shit puts herself out there to be criticized and that's great, because it starts a conversation. People here don't want that though. They just want to confirm shes a dumb bitch move on and call it a day. No conversation at all.
what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about-gif.gif

Did you completely miss all of those conversations about appropriation we had? How about when Kanye did his campaign about it a year earlier? Or when Gambino said what he had to say? Why are you acting like it's the first time anyone has evaluated Banks, whether her music or her personality?

Frankly, using free speech as an excuse for misogyny and racism is where I draw the line between "yeah speak your mind" and "shut up and stop being a horrible person." She's not the first person to make the points she made, and others did it without being so crass and using it as a platform for her career and personal beefs.

FOH with that we don't want to have a conversation shit especially. There are hundreds upon hundreds of posts we've had about culture appropriation, and we didn't always need some psycho with a personal vendetta pretending like she's adding something to the conversation to do so.

It doesn't take courage to be a dipshit and hateful person on Twitter all day long. I'm not patting her on the back for that.

overcast

We have had discussions about ferguson. Some of us believe that more rappers should have spoken out. I personally feel not all of them have to, but they should be free to speak their minds.

J. Cole was one of the most outspoken and he went gold my dude. Azelia Banks is straight up racist and supports a rapist, so she should shut up. Follow a good example like Iggy Azelia... 🌚

studyguy

I for one fully support Bank's tireless crusade to haphazardly bring up the issues people need to talk about through completely tonedeaf and racist analogies. Cause as we all know, the only way to fight hate is with more of it brehs. I hope that girl keeps at it and maybe my grandkids can tell me how her next album pans out.

I for one fully support Bank's tireless crusade to haphazardly bring up the issues people need to talk about through completely tonedeaf and racist analogies. Cause as we all know, the only way to fight hate is with more of it brehs. I hope that girl keeps at it and maybe my grandkids can tell me how her next album pans out.

From Fortune's 30 under 30: Eight Questions with Banks

1. Describe what you do in one sentence: My name is Azealia Banks. and I am the cultural catalyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom