• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man it's so hard to go back and listen to old tapes to nail down my list for rapup when I keep listening to new shit. Just started the Gucci Mane's 1017 Incarcerated and shit is bumping. Everything sounds so good in the phones though, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Try as I might I can't keep track of all these Gucci releases. Still haven't checked out 1017 Incarcerated, any other recent releases of his you'd recommend? I've only listened to Trap God 3, Return of Mr Perfect, and Brick Factory Vol 1

Too bad no one asks Kendrick good questions. I'm really convinced he scrapped an album and did a 180, music direction wise. Back in the early summer DJ Mustard said he heard Kendrick's album was basically turn up shit, right up his alley, and that they were going to work together. I definitely believe the album was once a lot of Maad City type tracks, super hype shit. Thematically I'd imagine there was some storytelling but overall...hype shit.

That's quite a difference from the direction he's taking now, and who he's working with. Terrace Martin, Thundercat, Robert Glasper? Sure Terrace Martin has been working with Kendrick for ages, but now it seems like he has taken over the project. Alongside Sounwave (in-house TDE producer of Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe). DJ Dahi is also on the album. Am I tripping or does this sound like something Kendrick turned down? Jazz vibes, rhythmic chords, different percussion...I'd bet money that was for Kendrick, given the direction he seems to be going in.

completely agree with the 180 idea
after reading that interview and taking his recent output into account, he seems shook. in a good way i suppose, since he realizes how impactful his music can be, but it seems like it's getting to the point where it's negatively affecting his output

MoodyFog

Try as I might I can't keep track of all these Gucci releases. Still haven't checked out 1017 Incarcerated, any other recent releases of his you'd recommend? I've only listened to Trap God 3, Return of Mr Perfect, and Brick Factory Vol 1

Trap house 4, and the tapes with Migos and thugga

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

g5ILrib.gif

PlayDat

Lowkey agree w him.

Have no prob w the covers, just hate when they're posted here w/o a link or even a description.

The image for the drip-133 is hyperlinked. Just click and it'll bring you to the bandcamp page. I didn't include a description since I figured most people here already know what that artist sounds like (purely instrumental, ambient tracks).

Both of these go hard af.

:whew:

also i liked this quote from that K.dot interview
I had a talk with Lauryn Hill and she said, “Try to completely throw away your ego.” How many times can you throw away an ego, you know? It’s tough. It’s something we all battle with. I battle with it all the time and the idea of being in all these places—the big spots, all the events, the lights—it’s all for your ego. It’s all for your own confirmation to be like, okay, I’m somebody. But truthfully, you’ve always been somebody. You don’t need the lights.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
finally listened to Nobody's Smiling. seeing it on enzo's list got me interested.

it's...OK? The Neighborhood, Kingdom, and Rewind That are great. but bruh. bruh.

who thought it was a good idea to feature Big Sean on this thing? sweet Moses. fuck that guy.

PBY

Banned
The image for the drip-133 is hyperlinked. Just click and it'll bring you to the bandcamp page. I didn't include a description since I figured most people here already know what that artist sounds like (purely instrumental, ambient tracks).

Both of these go hard af.
Naw wasn't talmbout your post, even a title/anything Google-able is fine.

Beans had a lung removed

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/07/beanie-sigel-lung-removed-hospital-driveby-shooting/

Beanie Sigel is roughly 1.3 pounds lighter ... after having his lung removed.

It was not elective surgery. Doctors just couldn't save the organ because it was riddled with fragments from a bullet someone fired into his stomach last month.

Someone opened fire as the hip-hop mogul returned home from taking his kids to school. It was a drive-by and cops believe Sigel was not the target ... the shooter was gunning for the guy standing next to him.

Sigel was released from the hospital he's called home since December 5. He went directly to Bacharach Institute for Rehabilitation in Pomona, NJ, where he'll spend the next 90 days learning how to function with one lung.

As for the shooter ... he's still on the loose.

I wanted to say I really ended up enjoying Nebuchadnezzar, it's on some Killah Priest/Jay Electronica shit, which I can't really relate to entirely but I always appreciate their imaginative and esoteric approach to rapping. She definitely is technically gifted with amazing breath control, a myriad of flows, and a great aggressive delivery. However, I think the tracks where she's takes a step back from the Jean Grae full-force rappity rap shit and tries to get more introspective are definitely superior. Overall, 18 tracks of pedantic preaching wears thin really quickly. I think it's a really good album, but just not for me personally.

I had to look up that term up because this is the third time I've seen it, but didn't quite understood what it meant. Are you basically saying she's overly concerned in expressing messages? I don't see how and definitely not all the tracks on there are attempting to educate. I don't see how that can be applied to True Mastery, Code of Hammurabi, or Maximum Frequency, which all don't seem to be about anything in particular, just spitting hard. What made you want to listen to it? I thought I was the only one on any of the forums I go to that listens to her.

I also found these nice Nitty articles today http://observer.com/2015/01/next-big-mc-nitty-scott/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom