• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

I can never tell if you're fucking with me. I suck at audio shit. I've been using the same earbuds for about 4 years now. I know there are a ton of Skullcandy things at the store near me. I'll give them a try, thanks.

I wasn't really being serious

Edit: wenis gave a serious answer that I'd cosign

injurai

Banned
I can never tell if you're fucking with me. I suck at audio shit. I've been using the same earbuds for about 4 years now. I know there are a ton of Skullcandy things at the store near me. I'll give them a try, thanks.

Replace skullcandy with beats and you might just get his authorial intent.

Tokubetsu

drip-133 - holding

SxjoipL.gif

overcast

drip-133 - holding
Thank you sir.
Oh hell yeah. I hope Danny reaches out to a lot of these producers. He has pull in that part of the industry I think. He needs to give it a shot.
Too bad no one asks Kendrick good questions. I'm really convinced he scrapped an album and did a 180, music direction wise. Back in the early summer DJ Mustard said he heard Kendrick's album was basically turn up shit, right up his alley, and that they were going to work together. I definitely believe the album was once a lot of Maad City type tracks, super hype shit. Thematically I'd imagine there was some storytelling but overall...hype shit.

That's quite a difference from the direction he's taking now, and who he's working with. Terrace Martin, Thundercat, Robert Glasper? Sure Terrace Martin has been working with Kendrick for ages, but now it seems like he has taken over the project. Alongside Sounwave (in-house TDE producer of Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe). DJ Dahi is also on the album. Am I tripping or does this sound like something Kendrick turned down? Jazz vibes, rhythmic chords, different percussion...I'd bet money that was for Kendrick, given the direction he seems to be going in.
Oh yeah. It seems like it's a completely different album. I would bet he actually had an album good to go for late last year even. Can you imagine how much has been produced since GKMC? I believe Kendrick has written a lot, but what do I know. Definitely going for a more live band type experience. I just hope it sounds interesting, I trust him as a lyricist.

I don't mean this as a quality comparison but Danny Brown is popular with producers like Nas and Jay are. Everybody wants to work with him. I've seen so many producers mention him on twitter in the last two years.

Too bad he'll gravitate towards the more edm rap beats than the ones we want to hear. I'm glad he's having fun and making money/new fans. I just wish he could find a way to blend his two sounds more effectively.

codhand

I don't mean this as a quality comparison but Danny Brown is popular with producers like Nas and Jay are. Everybody wants to work with him. I've seen so many producers mention him on twitter in the last two years.

Too bad he'll gravitate towards the more edm rap beats than the ones we want to hear. I'm glad he's having fun and making money/new fans. I just wish he could find a way to blend his two sounds more effectively.

hopefully he realizes that EDM shit aged like hot avacado, and we get someone not trying to be all things to all people next LP

also these album covers lately are killin me, like photos taken accidentally in one's pocket, this trend needs to go away in 2015

i dont mind the kush koma type tracks if thats what he wants to keep doing

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
hopefully he realizes that EDM shit aged like hot avacado, and we get someone not trying to be all things to all people next LP

also these album covers lately are killin me, like photos taken accidentally in one's pocket, this trend needs to go away in 2015
2015 just started. Guarantee we get at least 8 more like that.

I wonder if this Lil Wayne/Birdman feud is to stir up controversy to make Wayne more relevant.

I'm willing to make a bet that everything will be fine between them once Carter V actually drops.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Birdman didn't acknowledge Wayne's new tattoo and this is him upset about that.

codhand

you guys are seriously bitching about the covers?

lol

yes? #gafettiqutte

i actually listened and liked it, and get the whole ambient cover shit, it's just serverely overplayed at this point, yes the music is paramount, but ffs put some effort into your cover

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lowkey agree w him.

Have no prob w the covers, just hate when they're posted here w/o a link or even a description.
I don't low key agree. I fully agree. Shit is lazy and doesnt give me a reason to click. Especially considering how boring and homogenous they tend to be.

Malyse

Sup, GAF-Hop.

I dunno if anyone in here is big on podcasts, but the latest Song Exploder dives into The Battlefield by Ghostface Killah (and generally into the concept for 36 Seasons). It's a good listen, IMO.

Plus, if they get a spike in downloads for covering hip hop and rap, they'll prolly do it more often.

In any case, listen to it here.

HiResDes

Man it's so hard to go back and listen to old tapes to nail down my list for rapup when I keep listening to new shit. Just started the Gucci Mane's 1017 Incarcerated and shit is bumping. Everything sounds so good in the phones though, so take all this with a grain of salt.

KidJr

Sooooooo has anyone heard Wale's festivus mixtape?

Fuck me that shit is incredible.

I maybe biased, as I think wale is exceptionally talented lyricist. But to me this is a real return to form.

I don't low key agree. I fully agree. Shit is lazy and doesn't give me a reason to click. Especially considering how boring and homogenous they tend to be.

I didn't even know it was an album cover.

It's good to see established rappers helping out upcoming ones. It looks like Rugged Man got A-F-R-O to come on the Queen Latifah show. With some years this dude will be killer. It was pretty cool for Black Thought to bring Sa-Roc on Jimmy Fallon too.

HiResDes

I wanted to say I really ended up enjoying Nebuchadnezzar, it's on some Killah Priest/Jay Electronica shit, which I can't really relate to entirely but I always appreciate their imaginative and esoteric approach to rapping. She definitely is technically gifted with amazing breath control, a myriad of flows, and a great aggressive delivery. However, I think the tracks where she's takes a step back from the Jean Grae full-force rappity rap shit and tries to get more introspective are definitely superior. Overall, 18 tracks of pedantic preaching wears thin really quickly. I think it's a really good album, but just not for me personally.

Sup, GAF-Hop.

I dunno if anyone in here is big on podcasts, but the latest Song Exploder dives into The Battlefield by Ghostface Killah (and generally into the concept for 36 Seasons). It's a good listen, IMO.

Plus, if they get a spike in downloads for covering hip hop and rap, they'll prolly do it more often.

In any case, listen to it here.
Sounds very interesting, will listen after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom