• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damn.. might have to switch my travel plans from Japan to Korea

unless Japan got some rappers too

that was actually Jin? lol I thought it was but just said nah

Edit: wait this is in hong kong? title is in korean

a nigga so confused yo

9th edit: Good for Jin tho.. After that Serious Jones and Iron Solomon ether he decided to go to the homeland and eat.

10th edit: some of these dudes look like anime villains

posted this a couple pages ago

QICnO6C.gif

dudes reaction is priceless

DominoKid

gafhop brehs help me out.

is it poor form to accept a promotion when youre interviewing for other jobs?

because i was told by someone in the know that a promotion is in the works right now not 30 mins after i had a phone interview and scheduled an in-person interview for next week. weird timing.

its only a concern to me because ive heard ho bitchmade mgmt gets when they hear folks are job hunting. cant imagine why considering they give folks the boot at the first sign of a busy period ending

cool. Now that you brought it up. What foreign rappers have y'all listened to? All I've heard so far is
Roxxxan
Lady Leshurr
Paigey Cakey
Kieron Boothe
The Narcicyst
Shadia Mansour
Yoon Mirae (Tasha)
Blitz the Ambassador
TY
Pumpkin
Soulcat E5

I think I might have heard of a few more, but they weren't memorable enough for me to mention. Roxxxan is alright. I fuck with it in a fun sense and Leshurr is a guilty pleasure, but Paigey and Kieron Boothe are straight up bad. The Narcicyst has talent, but hasn't put out shit in a while. The others rap in a different language so I can't comment on lyrics, but their flow is straight. Blitz is definitely the best out of the bunch and my personal favorite foreign rapper.

Courage

cool. Now that you brought it up. What foreign rappers have y'all listened to? All I've heard so far is
Roxxxan
Lady Leshurr
Paigey Cakey
Kieron Boothe
The Narcicyst
Shadia Mansour
Yoon Mirae (Tasha)
Blitz the Ambassador
TY
Pumpkin
Soulcat E5

I think I might have heard of a few more, but they weren't memorable enough for me to mention. Roxxxan is alright. I fuck with it in a fun sense and Leshurr is a guilty pleasure, but Paigey and Kieron Boothe are straight up bad. The Narcicyst has talent, but hasn't put out shit in a while. The others rap in a different language so I can't comment on lyrics, but their flow is straight. Blitz is definitely the best out of the bunch and my personal favorite foreign rapper.

DJ Kridlokk is a recent fave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlNNnv7kD6s

because i was told by someone in the know that a promotion is in the works right now not 30 mins after i had a phone interview and scheduled an in-person interview for next week. weird timing.

its only a concern to me because ive heard ho bitchmade mgmt gets when they hear folks are job hunting. cant imagine why considering they give folks the boot at the first sign of a busy period ending

depends, where do you work

I'll say this, you don't have personal obligations to your managers, colleagues, or the company. Have a price in your head you would want when you are offered the promotion, see how that plays out in terms with the interviews at other jobs you have lined up.

Also, this happens quite a bit honestly, when managers hear someone might leave or they put their 2 week notice in. They attempt to give that person a raise in order to keep them there

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This OG Maco x Rome Fortune EP is pretty throwaway. Two of the three good songs on it are from other projects (Small VVorld/Breathe EP) and the third is Moving On. Might throw Sex in there too if I'm feeling extra generous but it's just okay.

This OG Maco x Rome Fortune EP is pretty throwaway. Two of the three good songs on it are from other projects (Small VVorld/Breathe EP) and the third is Moving On. Might throw Sex in there too if I'm feeling extra generous but it's just okay.

Maco gave us so much to eat last month, I just don't care.

Them shoes and socks?

Classic confirmed.

think the way it is, the positive aspect of me gaining more listeners and giving them some type of motivation and relatable effect, it’s more than running from somebody snapping a picture of my mom’s van that was on my album cover, that she actually still has. I’d never think that would happen, but it’s happened plenty of times to where she has to hide the van now. She can’t drive that thing no more. And she’s old school, she wanna drive it. But I never want them to be in this type of world, because not everybody can handle it. I think the average person wouldn’t be able to handle the day-to-day. It’s a lot of things you gotta deal with. So me doing that, it’s just a piece of me. I gotta find balance and try not to really get too frustrated over it.

my bad yo

Roxxxan
Lady Leshurr
Paigey Cakey
Kieron Boothe
The Narcicyst
Shadia Mansour
Yoon Mirae (Tasha)
Blitz the Ambassador
TY
Pumpkin
Soulcat E5

Kontrafakt
Excellent videos and their last album (Navzdy) was my AOTY

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Roxxxan
Lady Leshurr
Paigey Cakey
Kieron Boothe
The Narcicyst
Shadia Mansour
Yoon Mirae (Tasha)
Blitz the Ambassador
TY
Pumpkin
Soulcat E5

Does Canada count?

DominoKid

I'll say this, you don't have personal obligations to your managers, colleagues, or the company. Have a price in your head you would want when you are offered the promotion, see how that plays out in terms with the interviews at other jobs you have lined up.

Also, this happens quite a bit honestly, when managers hear someone might leave or they put their 2 week notice in. They attempt to give that person a raise in order to keep them there

you right. i just overthought it. things seem to finally be picking up w/ new opportunities so i'm hella anxious to nail something down.

Them shoes and socks?

Classic confirmed.

my bad yo

anti-swag

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
you right. i just overthought it. things seem to finally be picking up w/ new opportunities so i'm hella anxious to nail something down.

anti-swag

I will say this, a lot of people will tell you to take the job that makes you happy over the one that pays you.

This is advice old, nearly retired people give. At your age, the priorities should be on who is going to pay you and which job offers either training for the future or upward mobility. Compare which companies are promoting from within, compare the wages they're offering, look at which job could be more stable (fuck startups until you have a savings account that's more swole that Arnold in his prime) and then and only then look at which one makes you "happy."

I will say this, a lot of people will tell you to take the job that makes you happy over the one that pays you.

This is advice old, nearly retired people give. At your age, the priorities should be on who is going to pay you and which job offers either training for the future or upward mobility. Compare which companies are promoting from within, compare the wages they're offering, look at which job could be more stable (fuck startups until you have a savings account that's more swole that Arnold in his prime) and then and only then look at which one makes you "happy."
This is really solid advice

Jin's been eating in Hong Kong for a while now. He's talked a lot about it changing his life and how grateful he is to have gone overseas while doing press for his new record. Guy is in a super good place right now.

Edit: here's an episode of Shot's Fired with Jin, talks a lot about his battle history, the collapse, and going overseas

https://soundcloud.com/shots-fired-podcast/episode-72-the-history-of-jin

Man, watching those BET battles live was always fun. I used to only watch BET for that, a bit of Rap City with Tigga, and of course the top 10-20 lists of rappers on weekends. I remember Lil Wayne had a dope ass list of videos, from Pac to Scarface.

DominoKid

first Troy Ave, now Young Dolph. do Ross/Jeezy remix verses come as a package deal?

Preach Remix

feel like Dolph is about to get that push in 2015 which is kind of pointless because he's basically a less entertaining 2 Chainz.

Too bad no one asks Kendrick good questions. I'm really convinced he scrapped an album and did a 180, music direction wise. Back in the early summer DJ Mustard said he heard Kendrick's album was basically turn up shit, right up his alley, and that they were going to work together. I definitely believe the album was once a lot of Maad City type tracks, super hype shit. Thematically I'd imagine there was some storytelling but overall...hype shit.

That's quite a difference from the direction he's taking now, and who he's working with. Terrace Martin, Thundercat, Robert Glasper? Sure Terrace Martin has been working with Kendrick for ages, but now it seems like he has taken over the project. Alongside Sounwave (in-house TDE producer of Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe). DJ Dahi is also on the album. Am I tripping or does this sound like something Kendrick turned down? Jazz vibes, rhythmic chords, different percussion...I'd bet money that was for Kendrick, given the direction he seems to be going in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why is the font weird, is this photoshopped?

Unfortunate if true (any rapper mentioned above taking beats from FlyLo).

Too bad no one asks Kendrick good questions. I'm really convinced he scrapped an album and did a 180, music direction wise. Back in the early summer DJ Mustard said he heard Kendrick's album was basically turn up shit, right up his alley, and that they were going to work together. I definitely believe the album was once a lot of Maad City type tracks, super hype shit. Thematically I'd imagine there was some storytelling but overall...hype shit.

That's quite a difference from the direction he's taking now, and who he's working with. Terrace Martin, Thundercat, Robert Glasper? Sure Terrace Martin has been working with Kendrick for ages, but now it seems like he has taken over the project. Alongside Sounwave (in-house TDE producer of Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe). DJ Dahi is also on the album. Am I tripping or does this sound like something Kendrick turned down? Jazz vibes, rhythmic chords, different percussion...I'd bet money that was for Kendrick, given the direction he seems to be going in.
Mike Will has also hinted that him and Kendrick are really close and have worked a lot together.

DominoKid

ehhh i could hear any number of West Coast rappers on that. but Kendrick wouldn't be the first to come to mind. Dom Kennedy or Ty Dolla Sign maybe. im sure he got a look at it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom