• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
Gaf-Hop slowly but surely realizing Kendrick aint all the machine made him out to be and getting hyped for Lupe again?

What a time to be alive

You don't get. Kendrick is now comparable to Lupe. They have to hype to Lupe to prove to themselves that there can still be hope for Kendrick.

He'll drop a better album than golden boy this year though
So emotional lol

I like what I've heard from Lupe. Meanwhile it's possible neither Kendrick song we've heard (one universally disliked, the other universally liked) will be on the album.

I have no idea what TDE is doing. The i promotion tour didn't do anything for the song, and didn't really give us any news about the album. No title, no guest lists, no producer lists, no information. Now he's doing promotion again and still doesn't have album info. If they think this is more effective than releasing another single...smh.

So emotional lol

I like what I've heard from Lupe. Meanwhile it's possible neither Kendrick song we've heard (one universally disliked, the other universally liked) will be on the album.

I have no idea what TDE is doing. The i promotion tour didn't do anything for the song, and didn't really give us any news about the album. No title, no guest lists, no producer lists, no information. Now he's doing promotion again and still doesn't have album info. If they think this is more effective than releasing another single...smh.

Yea, album supposed to come out 1st Q though. They'll probably let Jay Rock eat first then Kendrick a month after.

Yea, album supposed to come out 1st Q though. They'll probably let Jay Rock eat first then Kendrick a month after.
Jay Rock recently deleted his Instagram. I wonder if he's depressed or upset about his situation. The fans want an album but "the fans" are probably just 5,000-12,000 people. He's not going to have a big or even moderate success album and TDE doesn't seem to know what to do with him. I still think he fucked up by not dropping in 2013. Money Trees gave him a spotlight, perhaps he could have ran with it that year.

Just I've him a Mustard beat and hope for the best...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Rock has got to be a bit upset that Ab Soul was allowed to drop when he's stuck in limbo. It's Warner all over again in his eyes.

overcast

TDE is just sloppy. I almost understand the artists not being too passionate about being relevant, but as a label how the hell do you drop the ball so bad?

Gotta feed the fans. Throw em some decent singles every now and then. They've been like that since 2012 though.

DominoKid

"I", performing on last Colbert and the Billboard interview looks like promo to me. It's just not catching on like they hoped, I think.

If they were counting on that to catch on then they need to get off their own dicks. The cult of kendrick is not strong like that yet.

Esch

Banned
There's little space for a guy like jay rock in the scene really.

Like Isaiah Rashad, he's fated to drop sub 50k on whatever he releases. His style isn't modern. His worldview doesn't resonate with many people. Maybe he'd have a chance if he went full YG with it, just ignorance / spit in your face at a house party and recklessly talk to your girl music. He's a little too self aware.

I love him, but it is what it is.

B7GJVQKCAAAAVMd.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jay Rock just needs to put out consistently quality music, which he hasn't ever done. That's why his fanbase isn't up or he has no leverage in his situation.

"I", performing on last Colbert and the Billboard interview looks like promo to me. It's just not catching on like they hoped, I think.
I think it was Ebro who mentioned the song did absolutely horribly.

Vorheez

Finally listened to Kevin Gates (Luca Brasi 2 to be specific)
I Don't Get Tired is a great gym song
I thought so too, but the cousin stuff ruined it. Especially when he kept repeating IDGT in his videos defending the situation. You don't get tired doin what? Eating family booty?

Vorheez

He said they look alike, like brother and sister. Draw your own conclusions breh.

I'm basically saying that it doesn't look good for gates

There's little space for a guy like jay rock in the scene really.

Like Isaiah Rashad, he's fated to drop sub 50k on whatever he releases. His style isn't modern. His worldview doesn't resonate with many people. Maybe he'd have a chance if he went full YG with it, just ignorance / spit in your face at a house party and recklessly talk to your girl music. He's a little too self aware.

I love him, but it is what it is.

At this point, TDE should pool their talents and just put out a Black Hippy album.

He did "i" on Colbert in addition to that unnamed song?

No. The untitled song garnered plenty of buzz but not "single" buzz. It's clearly not a single, I'm kind of baffled at the decision to perform something that might not be on the album...but clearly TDE feels Kendrick's fanbase will carry him like Cole.

They'll deny it but i was a bomb. High debut then people tuned out. I remember when Top Dawg was on twitter bragging about the song being used on Ellen, talking about how huge it was...bleh.

I prefer Cole's approach: no single, give us the album cover and title, then slowly move towards the finish line. Instead it's like TDE wants to put the cart ahead of the horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom