• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Gucci_Mane_x_Chief_Keef_Big_Gucci_Sosa_Musichead-front-large.jpg

Has anyone peeped this?
The big problem with this mixtape is that Keef's sounds completely homogeneous with Gucci too often. He sounds more sober than ever, but his verses really sound like they were written by Gucci or whomever ghostwrites for Gucci. And the effect is that the songs sound way too one note and uniform to be exciting. Remember when Lil Debbie was working with Riff Raff and her verses just ended up sounding like a higher pitched echo of Raff. The same thing happens on the Keef and Gucci tape. The beats are all too tailor made for Gucci's style that Keef doesn't get to do any of his poppy rap crooning or trap chanting. It's basically just a Gucci tape with Keef features.

audio was already posted, but bronson murdered it. 2:06-2:38:

these dudes wanna claim king, you dealin with immortals
fuck being cordial, im laughin while im gassin in the ballroom,
former kings' heads layin in the guilletine,
snap my figners trap that motherfucker for the village to see,
aint no man walkin iller than me,
if you see me, better kneel on the knee,
im like a one in a million case, brilliant face,
crooked j tryna put me in a cage, turn the page bitch im paid
i've been around the world more than carmen sandiego,
raw meat thrown to lions under the table,
grown men breaking bread while your face bled,
phantom face down in the shed like a base-head.

giphy.gif

Nibel

Its probably the same stuff thats been around forever like Reach the Top, Whats in a Name etc.

Oh, alright; thought it was some new/old unreleased stuff.

Sometimes I wonder how many unreleased tracks there are of all good and established rappers; I mean, there is probably a reason why they are unreleased, but would still love to some listen to some of them.

Other than that: I kinda want to get into Action Bronson, and not sure where I should start - any feedback?

Esch

Banned
Oh, alright; thought it was some new/old unreleased stuff.

Sometimes I wonder how many unreleased tracks there are of all good and established rappers; I mean, there is probably a reason why they are unreleased, but would still love to some listen to some of them.

A lot of them get verses reused for other songs, a few had mixing or recording issues, sometimes samples cant get cleared, some were just free ones for mixtapes or the internet, some were given away with other products

a solid amount of them are garbage

Courage

Bones kinda oversaturating his niche by flooding us with material. His style isn't something I'd wanna hear over 5+ projects a year, unless he's experimenting with this one or something. Other than his occasional screaming, he can sound pretty homogenized. I think he's also reached the point where he's built a decent following and he can pace these mixtape releases a little better.

On the other hand, if he's feeling inspired and maintains the level of quality his fans enjoy, then I guess "pacing" would be pointless.

The big problem with this mixtape is that Keef's sounds completely homogeneous with Gucci too often. He sounds more sober than ever, but his verses really sound like they were written by Gucci or whomever ghostwrites for Gucci. And the effect is that the songs sound way too one note and uniform to be exciting. Remember when Lil Debbie was working with Riff Raff and her verses just ended up sounding like a higher pitched echo of Raff. The same thing happens on the Keef and Gucci tape. The beats are all too tailor made for Gucci's style that Keef doesn't get to do any of his poppy rap crooning or trap chanting. It's basically just a Gucci tape with Keef features.

Yeah okay I could imagine that. I couldn't really rock with Chief Keef when he first came out because that shit was just too visceral mostly because the news about how bad Chicago was followed him. Although now upon listening to some of his shit, he's pretty alright. Citgo and Kobe are pretty damn great. The best part about Gucci is that he actually writes his lyrics. All that absurd shit that was heard on The Movie and tapes around that era are actually his thoughts which is why I consider him one of the best. His shit on Young Thuggamane Laflare was pretty good too.

Im finna give it a download today and give you guys my thoughts

seriously analyze trash brehs

yzOGp6d.png

thabiz

classic lmao. LOL @ Bes.

Gotta give Bronson his props for not switching up after the fame. Dude has Meyhem Lauren on his album, still fucking with the older producers, etc. Taking care of his peoples. Bailing Bes out of jail....dude's a champ.

this is why hes the man. doesnt forget his friends.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Only one more day to get your votes in for the GAF-Hop Awards, y'all. Vote up.

classic lmao. LOL @ Bes.

Gotta give Bronson his props for not switching up after the fame. Dude has Meyhem Lauren on his album, still fucking with the older producers, etc. Taking care of his peoples. Bailing Bes out of jail....dude's a champ.
Implying that he's even reached some new stage in his career because he's calling this one an album and charging for it. Dude is essentially in the same circumstances as all of the rest of his projects.

thabiz

Only one more day to get your votes in for the GAF-Hop Awards, y'all. Vote up.

Implying that he's even reached some new stage in his career because he's calling this one an album and charging for it. Dude is essentially in the same circumstances as all of the rest of his projects.

he has totally risen in the underground scene. dudes getting big.

studyguy

Oh yeah I gotta finish that up today huh...
Also damn the crowd at the RTJ concert made me feel like I was watching some indie band out in San Fransisco. Beanies, beards, flannel everywhere. All that was missing was the Pabst Blue. That was like 80% the crowd tbh

thabiz

Also damn the crowd at the RTJ concert made me feel like I was watching some indie band out in San Fransisco. Beanies, beards, flannel everywhere. All that was missing was the Pabst Blue. That was like 80% the crowd tbh

welcome to every show in the last 4 years.

Esch

Banned

Well breh. You went to RTJ. I like them but they're some BNM shit, it's not like you went to see Gucci Mane.
frU10tR.png

overcast

Fire. Went in.
Oh I didn't even know he bailed Bes out. What did he do to end up in prison?
Run the Jewels concert was like the least diverse one I went to in the past year lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom