• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

so bummed that Dilla Day came to miami (Pete Rock, Madlib, Slum Village, Black Milk, Camp Lo, Kweli & Bada$$) and tickets sold out with a quickness at $60...there's weekend passes left for $100 but i ain't tryin to pay that

Says it cannot be found on Soundcloud anymore, any other links? Miss young Hov

Its probably the same stuff thats been around forever like Reach the Top, Whats in a Name etc.

pretty much just that, yeah...was figuring Esh had heard em before but i dug it - like most classic artists, the style is pretty different there

Rare Chandeliers -> Well Done -> Blue Chips 2 -> Dr. Lecter
BwNL0oP.png

classic lmao. LOL @ Bes.

Gotta give Bronson his props for not switching up after the fame. Dude has Meyhem Lauren on his album, still fucking with the older producers, etc. Taking care of his peoples. Bailing Bes out of jail....dude's a champ.

yeah, im so glad i pushed past that dumb perception of bronson biting ghostface that he had early on...the delivery & everything else are so different, even the imagery. but he's one of the most entertaining and charismatic dudes out right now, and i know i shoudlnt read comments but fuck i hate that banks & the race shit comes up so much on him at the moment.

also i'm closer to esh's ratings on his shit though i should revisit Lechter and see if i like it better sometime

codhand

i love Blue Chips 1 and 2, i think Party Supplies just compliments Bronson's style so well. Well Done, he seemed like he was trying really hard to make complete songs with hooks and stories but it feels stilted compared to the dynamism of projects like Blue Chips and Rare Chandeliers. Dr Lecter is cool too, but he wasnt on the level yet, Meyhem was still making better tracks at that point

injurai

Banned
so bummed that Dilla Day came to miami (Pete Rock, Madlib, Slum Village, Black Milk, Camp Lo, Kweli & Bada$$) and tickets sold out with a quickness at $60...there's weekend passes left for $100 but i ain't tryin to pay that

It's a crime to not go to something like that right?

Vorheez

Just pay it breh. $100 won't mean shit in 50 years when you tellin your grandchildren about it

IrishNinja

damn, Disco Thuggin & Hus Kingpin both going, on the latter im really digging track 6-7

It's a crime to not go to something like that right?

Just pay it breh. $100 won't mean shit in 50 years when you tellin your grandchildren about it

Just tell your fam you need $100 to fly out to a job interview. EZ money.

see this is why im broke, haha...ya'll might got a point though. i'm not finding anyone on craigslist/etc scalping either. if i can get my boy to go with, i think i'm down

Vorheez

what are your interests and what are some favorite books of yours?
Mostly psychology, but anything related to the soft sciences intrigues me. Astronomy as well if it is not too cut and dry. Some of my favorites include:

Blank Slate - Steven Pinker
Blind Watchmaker - Richard Dawkins
God is not Great - Christopher Hitchens
Thinking: Fast and Slow - Kahneman
The Power of Myth - Joseph Campbell

the book with no pictures - bj novak
For real though, is it good? I just looked it up and I'm not sure what to think.

The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature
This looks tremendous, thanks

injurai

Banned
Mostly psychology, but anything related to the soft sciences intrigues me. Astronomy as well if it is not too cut and dry. Some of my favorites include:

Blank Slate - Steven Pinker
Blind Watchmaker - Richard Dawkins
God is not Great - Christopher Hitchens
Thinking: Fast and Slow - Kahneman
The Power of Myth - Joseph Campbell

This looks tremendous, thanks

We have very similar tastes. I think I'll check out that book you just finished.

Oh yeah I gotta finish that up today huh...
Also damn the crowd at the RTJ concert made me feel like I was watching some indie band out in San Fransisco. Beanies, beards, flannel everywhere. All that was missing was the Pabst Blue. That was like 80% the crowd tbh

Welcome to the modern day rap concert. Its either that or youngins

Zabuza

Banned
Bones kinda oversaturating his niche by flooding us with material. His style isn't something I'd wanna hear over 5+ projects a year, unless he's experimenting with this one or something. Other than his occasional screaming, he can sound pretty homogenized. I think he's also reached the point where he's built a decent following and he can pace these mixtape releases a little better.

On the other hand, if he's feeling inspired and maintains the level of quality his fans enjoy, then I guess "pacing" would be pointless.

Late reply, but I agree with what you're saying.

A nice 15-20 track tape in 3-4 months would be perfect. It'd also help if he'd ever drop more than one verse on a track.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Bronson is great, and Fuck, That's Delicious is amazing. Anyways, I've been on a kick and Blue Chips is real fun. Rare Chandeliers too. Didn't hear any mentions of Saaab Stories, were people not feeling that one? I enjoyed it. Can't wait for Mr. Wonderful to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom