• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

I can't stop listening to Ransom, but I felt bad listing it in my top ten...It's almost like a compilation. Big Sean even came correct on that intro.

CRS

Yeah, I wonder if they're going to sell the demo version as well like they did for Vol. 1.

Super sad that I couldn't get it. Did get a couple tapes of the regular release though.

Hey guys it's the last day to vote, I'm working on my ballot now, let's support CRS and show our appreciation for putting up the thread and counting votes by voting.

121-person-with-folded-hands.png

HiResDes

like Mega Philosophy, i thought it was a decent album, but it didn't stay in rotation long enough for me to really give it a nod

*edit - anyone else having trouble downloading that Hus Kingpin?

Real hip-hop heads please check out Ransom's Pain & Glory, surprise album of the year for me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Beast Mode is really nice so far. Metro Boomin is the better producer between the two, but I might like this project more. More uptempo, more energy, better hooks. I enjoyed the darker, wavier vibes of Monster but I think this one is more fun to listen to.

injurai

Banned
I completely didn't realize Days Before Rodeo was a precursor mixtape. Aww shit, this is like waking up to a snow day, or being reminded of Martin Luther King Day. Bless up.

PlayDat

*edit - anyone else having trouble downloading that Hus Kingpin?

No trouble downloading. Tagged like shit though.

While I'm at it I have to give program of the year to mp3tag. It probably came out before 2014, but that's when I started using it. Makes batch editing ID3 tags on mp3s waaaay easier. I use this thing all the time now, due to the rate I've been getting new mixtapes lately. I don't even hesitate downloading from datpiff anymore.

If you decide to check it out consider donating a buck or two if you're feeling generous.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I didn't listen to enough released in 2014 to make any kind of list sadly. But I'm happy to see that Pinata is well represented there. That album is insanely good, and so gangsta that I can barely handle it. I probably drove my wife insane already listening to it so much. I dunno why but I get some strong Tupac vibes from it as well, like I feel some similarities there. Maybe not in commentary, but I do feel like Gibbs derives something from him, and that's definitely a good thing.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
classic lmao. LOL @ Bes.

Gotta give Bronson his props for not switching up after the fame. Dude has Meyhem Lauren on his album, still fucking with the older producers, etc. Taking care of his peoples. Bailing Bes out of jail....dude's a champ.

Bronson put Albanian rappers on the map and they were trying mainly out the Bronx, NYC but ish was basura. I always knew one of us would make it but he did. He's the chosen one. That in of itself is putting up work. Albanians in and out of jail, Bronson has to bail out Big Body Bes.

Bes is short for "Besa" which is probably the most important word in Albanian. It literally translates in "word". You stick by your word or you ain't shit.

I had to deal with cousins trying to play this and telling me it bumps:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p4F2iM8WDXQ

Nah, PhaZe, sit down. I knew we'd have a dude like Action Bronson one day I just didn't know when.

*Tear drops from eye*

Bronson put Albanian rappers on the map and they were trying mainly out the Bronx, NYC but ish was basura. I always knew one of us would make it but he did. He's the chosen one. That in of itself is putting up work. Albanians in and out of jail, Bronson has to bail out Big Body Bes.

Bes is short for "Besa" which is probably the most important word in Albanian. It literally translates in "word". You stick by your word or you ain't shit.

I had to deal with cousins trying to play this and telling me it bumps:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p4F2iM8WDXQ

Nah, PhaZe, sit down. I knew we'd have a dude like Action Bronson one day I just didn't know when.

*Tear drops from eye*

"I'm in this bitch like a fat chick in tight denim"

Yeah that line sums up PhaZe's bootleg ass Eminem flow. I sympathize with the Albanian struggle for a quality rapper. South Carolina still out here producing trash music

big ander

If that hellfyre doc ends up online it's worth a watch. honestly only really loved Milo before it, made me much more eager to listen/relisten to more of their projects. Basically just an hour of them hanging out doing stuff like debating the value of rick ross in their van (mike and milo hypothesize if you cut him open garbage and rats would come out) and lighting firecrackers, with maybe five or six songs from shows breaking it up.
Anthony Fantano
makes a very short cameo and is an awkward nerd. It's indulgent and meandering which makes it work, because the focus becomes their chemistry.

beat sets too, which were good but also kinda weird when you're sitting in theater chairs. feels like it woulda made more sense to do the movie then beat sets also, rather than beats first. this Kenny Segal dude seems cool.

Anybody fuck with Roc Marciano in here? Probably my favorite contemporary new york rapper other than biggavel. His flow is so damn lazy so he just talks some pimp shit on the beat and it's great

Anybody fuck with Roc Marciano in here? Probably my favorite contemporary new york rapper other than biggavel. His flow is so damn lazy so he just talks some pimp shit on the beat and it's great

Lots of Marci fans in here. I wouldn't call his style lazy but I get what you mean. It just...works. The escalation of rhymes almost always goes to heights of such craziness that it's hard not to be impressed.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I finally picked out some new earphones, some Sennheiser CXII things. Man, I forgot what a great pair can make music sound like. You miss so much on shitty sound systems.

HiResDes

People of Today deserves some love for sure.

I finally picked out some new earphones, some Sennheiser CXII things. Man, I forgot what a great pair can make music sound like. You miss so much on shitty sound systems.

I hope you're not talking about the CX300 II's, those are straight ass

injurai

Banned
If that hellfyre doc ends up online it's worth a watch. honestly only really loved Milo before it, made me much more eager to listen/relisten to more of their projects. Basically just an hour of them hanging out doing stuff like debating the value of rick ross in their van (mike and milo hypothesize if you cut him open garbage and rats would come out) and lighting firecrackers, with maybe five or six songs from shows breaking it up.
Anthony Fantano
makes a very short cameo and is an awkward nerd. It's indulgent and meandering which makes it work, because the focus becomes their chemistry.

beat sets too, which were good but also kinda weird when you're sitting in theater chairs. feels like it woulda made more sense to do the movie then beat sets also, rather than beats first. this Kenny Segal dude seems cool.

W8, theres a documentary on them? Alright I need to find out about this. I also need to listen to Milo more. Big Busdriver fan for a while now and his Hellfyre stuff is well, fyre. Too many people sleeping on Perfect Hair, but I'll concede it's an acquired tasted. A dope taste though, acquire those tastes buds brehs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom