• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Lmao, I had to pop in here and post this comment that I read on a Lupe performance article

Kevin Geary • 8 hours ago
I wish Lupe would perform a little more like Jay Z. Slow his shit down for a second. Nobody in that audience knows what the hell he is saying or talking about. That's why Jay Z reaches everyone...he makes people get it. Inclusive vs exclusive. Most people see this and write him off immediately.

looooooooooool

DominoKid

Lmao, I had to pop in here and post this comment that I read on a Lupe performance article

looooooooooool

And thats why Jay switched it up.

If Lupe wants to prove that hes the most rappin ass rapper out, cool. I'd say he's done that. But he's long past the point of diminishing returns on his lyricism. Only the most ardent of stans will stare at a page of lyrics to sift through that needlessly complicated bullshit. The rest of us have hit the skip button.

Ashhong

And thats why Jay switched it up.

If Lupe wants to prove that hes the most rappin ass rapper out, cool. I'd say he's done that. But he's long past the point of diminishing returns on his lyricism. Only the most ardent of stans will stare at a page of lyrics to sift through that needlessly complicated bullshit. The rest of us have hit the skip button.

I just thought it was funny that this guy says Jay makes people get it lol. I'd rather have Lupe's rapping over Jay any day of the week. I can't stand that guy's flow

I guess his more modern flow, like on his last album. Maybe I just hate his voice..

Are you not a fan, UNH
Of pauses, UNH
After every line UNH
And art reference, UNH
Or maaaaaybe extending some woooooooooooords
Like Kanye, UNH
Plus I'm paid, UNH
Basquiat, Pic-asso, Alys-sa Mil-ano
Rome, Japan, Paris- Yeah I know AUH

GOBLIN, GHOUL, A ZOMBIE WITH NO CONSCIENCE

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lupe's last interview w/Sway. Last freestyle too. Well, one of. I think he makes a lot of good points when it comes to social commentary but there's also an air of him being dismissive (like he's always been).

I like how he sort of sums up appropriation as a whole. They then pose a question to callers, as to whether they would rather have the socioeconomic struggle that led to the creation of hip-hop, or no struggle [for black people] at all. One lady says she'd rather the struggle because that means you can get through everything and Lupe's reaction is priceless.

*Lupe doing a little dance*
"We saw Freddie Gibbs apologize, did KiD CuDi apologize?
"Fuck him."
"Okay.. okay, great. Azealia didn't apologiz-"
"Fuck her too."
"Okay, great. That's where we are."

EDIT: Yoooo Lupe with the explicit threats at CuDi at the end is killing me. Dude is so dead ass. Damn.

Has Lupe always come off like that in interviews or is that a recent thing? I feel like his interview persona in recent years clashes with his early material but I wasn't really checking for Lupe interviews back then.

codhand

new papa roach record is ballin. BALLIN!

dawdawdjux9.png

Vorheez

I took french but I don't remember anything. Sorry brah.

toke french in high school. i forgot everything though.

I took french AP and passed the AP test my man.
Then immediately forgot all of that shit.
I can still read french though I think.
This is my plan too

ce fil est de la merde

I can't tell if these were genuine offers to help me, or mocking me... Either way, I fell asleep, sorry brehs

Yes (I'm French)
I'll remember this for next time.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
As somebody who followed studyguy's plan and regrets it deeply...fucking don't. Try to learn it. You're going to be there anyway. You would not believe how many doors open up if you know a second language, especially one that isn't the de facto secondary langauge (like Spanish in America). So many other jobs. Of all the classes I had to fucking take in HS, secondary languages were the ones I could have caked off of, but didn't because I fucked around. Oh, but I paid attention in AP history and biology.

Fuck lot of good either of them shits did me. There is no job where knowing two languages is a bad idea, but you may not want to be a scientist (for instance).

studyguy

As somebody who followed studyguy's plan and regrets it deeply...fucking don't. Try to learn it. You're going to be there anyway. You would not believe how many doors open up if you know a second language, especially one that isn't the de facto secondary langauge (like Spanish in America). So many other jobs. Of all the classes I had to fucking take in HS, secondary languages were the ones I could have caked off of, but didn't because I fucked around. Oh, but I paid attention in AP history and biology.

Fuck lot of good either of them shits did me. There is no job where knowing two languages is a bad idea, but you may not want to be a scientist (for instance).

Living out in CA I more regret not taking more Spanish classes rather than French in high school. I already have the benefit of being a native speaker, but I could have always improved more and it on the whole is used on my day to day out here really, really often.

BUT I WAS LIKE 15 AND THERE WAS THIS GIRL I WAS ALL SPRUNG ON IN CLASS ASKING ME IF I WANTED TO TAKE FRENCH WITH HER WHEN THE CHOICES CAME UP AT THE END OF FRESHMAN YEAR SOOOOOOO.....

lmao chalk it up to being young and dumb, but you should approach that shit and ask yourself. Will I get any utility out of this or am I just gonna be a lame and forget this shit the moment I leave class.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Living out in CA I more regret not taking more Spanish classes rather than French in high school. I already have the benefit of being a native speaker, but I could have always improved more and it on the whole is used on my day to day out here really, really often.

BUT I WAS LIKE 15 AND THERE WAS THIS GIRL I WAS ALL SPRUNG ON IN CLASS ASKING ME IF I WANTED TO TAKE FRENCH WITH HER WHEN THE CHOICES CAME UP AT THE END OF FRESHMAN YEAR SOOOOOOO.....

lmao chalk it up to being young and dumb, but you should approach that shit and ask yourself. Will I get any utility out of this or am I just gonna be a lame and forget this shit the moment I leave class.

It's all about where you live, you know? The Spanish you learn in the States would be nearly useless in most of Europe, whereas French would be useful in the West countries a ton. Even on the eastern side of Germany French would open a fuck load of doors. Meanwhile, in SoCal, knowing Spanish is useful, sure, but it's almost to the point where that shit is expected. Like, it won't open a lot of doors because it's a saturated market, but not knowing it definitely DQs you from some jobs.

How new is this?

Came out last year.

Ninja Dom

So overlooked and you know it has potential for AOTY potential for 2015.

If French drops Mac & Cheese 4 as a major album release then this changes everything. He'll have to probably drop the 4 out of the title if it was a major release. But c'mon. Based on that Appetizer from December...ain't nobody gonna have that wave this year!! Nobody!! As long as French keeps Harry Fraud on production for the remaining tunes, this album is guaranteed!!

Bubbavelli knows what I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom