• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
an actual ranked top 10 would take some thinking but a good majority of the movies I listed would make it in

Oh and lynch is dope. Milholland drive is his best imo but yeah if you want something that goes full wtf then inland empire is it

"Haters" is such a wack term in any conversation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_srnNASnMyc
wUhwjyS.gif

apparently this is getting airplay in NY on pop stations.

this gif will never get old

RBK

Banned
Danny Brown is legit, I do like Dubstep, Kush Coma, and Float On...just the rest of the songs are more suited for a mood other than casual music listening.

Hard choosing between whether The Hybrid or XXX is my favorite right now, both are pretty damn good. Hybrid sounds more like traditional hip hop while XXX is a best of both the 1st album and Old.

DominoKid

heh they wouldn't dare play that shit down here on 102jamz unless they were clowning it on the morning show. wouldn't put it past power98 down in charlotte cause they fucking suck.

who is dumb enough to keep pumping money into that guy?

RBK

Banned
I like NYC: The Album a lot. You'll find some good stuff off his older work as well.

His cocky personality is the only turn-off. The interviews he had on the Breakfast Club were horrible.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I just laid down a verse. I don't often rap, but I just wanted to know what yinz thought about it. Here's a link to it.

I want brutal honesty, if possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx9egoq4fh1i6t7/Old%20School%20Drums.mp3?dl=0

Soundcloud private link

I was expecting you to suck, but this isn't bad. Vocals are similar to Tyler, the Creator. My biggest criticism would be lyrical content. I would like to hear something more substantial than you just bragging about how great you are. It's super cliche and forgettable. I would strive for something more unique and/or personal.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I was expecting you to suck, but this isn't bad. Vocals are similar to Tyler, the Creator. My biggest criticism would be lyrical content. I would like to hear something more substantial than you just bragging about how great you are. It's super cliche and forgettable. I would strive for something more unique and/or personal.

Yeah, you're definitely right about that. Thank you. I will keep that in mind for the next time I start some music.

I was thinking about working on a project, but when I listen to a lot of people that buy beats off me. I think "these people are terrible". And I didn't know if from an outside perspective I sucked to.

Honestly, if I improved my lyrics. Do you think you would listen to my music?

no particular order

The Life Aquatic - Wes Anderson (2004)
Lawrence of Arabia - David Lean (1962)
In the Mood for Love - Wong Kar-wai (2000)
There Will Be Blood - P.T. Anderson (2007)
Bottle Rocket - Wes Anderson (1996)
L'année dernière à Marienbad (Last Year At Marienbad) - Alain Resnais (1961)
School of Rock - Linklater (2003)
Reservoir Dogs - Tarantino (1992)
Pee Wee's Big Adventure - Tim Burton (1985)
Badlands - Malick (1973)

heh they wouldn't dare play that shit down here on 102jamz unless they were clowning it on the morning show. wouldn't put it past power98 down in charlotte cause they fucking suck.

who is dumb enough to keep pumping money into that guy?

Power 98 would play that shit in a heartbeat. Dude had to be aware of the jokes coming from giving the song that title

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Here's your brutal honesty:

I liked it a lot. You have an amazing voice and you flow very good on that beat. Hope to hear some more in the future!

I really appreciate that! Means a lot especially coming from someone on Gaf-hop.

I think I will be making a project, hopefully in the very near future.

That spoiler mark scared me. Lol.

that's a good thing. though I think older artists should go to kanye for producing their stuff.

could you imagine a paul mccartney bond song produced by kanye? :whew (because god knows they wouldn't let him himself on it)

Damn...just 10 is basically impossible. Agonizing choices just off the top of my head. We need to explore GAF Hop film taste more, lot of people here have really great taste.

THX 1138
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Twilight Samurai
Mad Max
Synecdoche, New York
The New World (director's cut)
Tree of Life
Pan's Labyrinth
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Annie Hall

injurai

Banned
oh god, my roomate has a friend over to play dnd
he's playing the most twangy country ever, and it's speed up like that shitty euro trance remix stuff

this is a whole new level of awful, and I don't even have any beer...

Cheddahz

Banned
oh god, my roomate has a friend over to play dnd
he's playing the most twangy country ever, and it's speed up like that shitty euro trance remix stuff

this is a whole new level of awful, and I don't even have any beer...

Sounds like you're living my life

that troy ave doo doo song is on ALL THE TIME on power 105 and hot 97 and it fucking SUCKS its literally a sesame street song

lol word? smh

I understand showing local artists love but come on. That's such a cynical attempt at a radio single. I can imagine Ebro saying it's a good record lmao.

sounds like a BoB song

IrishNinja

French Connection been on my list for a while too

and ya'll listing Akira huh? fantastic film but if we're tossing animated stuff on there (well, i kinda did with Waking Life) i can't not put Ninja Scroll up, fuck i never tire of that one

Road to Perdition

Lone Wolf & Cub is one of my all-time favorite manga/graphic novels, and the TV Baby Cart series is a fantastic translation. if nothing else, do yourself a favor one day and watch the summary-ish, Shogun Assassins.
actually, everyone here should do that

It's funny how rappers obsessed with talking shit about their "haters" always come off the most insecure.

one of my least favorite things rappers talk about; haters

god yes, been saying this forever now
like you can't get over not everyone loving you? do one track if you gotta, but dont be on some bitchmade chris brown shit and let it define you, jesus

The Life Aquatic - Wes Anderson (2004)

shit, add this one to my list too...love wes anderson but this one's my obvious favorite
and El-P's too

La Haine
A Bittersweet Life
Shoot the Piano Player
Dr. Strangelove
Fargo
Lost In Translation
Do the Right Thing
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The Bad Sleep Well
Toy Story

Off the top real quick. The only way for me to do a films/games list without stressing myself out and shit, lol.

Shoutouts to The Warriors' mentions. I fucking adore that film.

Danny Brown is legit, I do like Dubstep, Kush Coma, and Float On...just the rest of the songs are more suited for a mood other than casual music listening.

Hard choosing between whether The Hybrid or XXX is my favorite right now, both are pretty damn good. Hybrid sounds more like traditional hip hop while XXX is a best of both the 1st album and Old.
Welcomec to the Danny Brown fan club, may I take your jacket?

HiResDes

Life Aquatic and Darjeeling are definitely my least favorite Wes movies. I mayne need to watch them again.
I totally agree.

Here's a glimpse at some of the shit I like, that's how I like to think of this list:

1. Nights of Cabiria
2. Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
3. That Obscure Object of Desire
4. Barry Lyndon
5. There Will be Blood
6. Happiness
7. Talk to Her
8. Senso
9. Elevator to the Gallows
10. Naked

I like NYC: The Album a lot. You'll find some good stuff off his older work as well.

His cocky personality is the only turn-off. The interviews he had on the Breakfast Club were horrible.

The album was pure garbage and i had hope too because he says the right things in interviews. I was excited and then listened to the album...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom