• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBK

Banned
The album was pure garbage and i had hope too because he says the right things in interviews. I was excited and then listened to the album...

The 2nd half outside of Regretful was pretty bad...but the first 8-9 tracks are unskippable to me. Cigar Smoke, NYC(the features did carry him on this one), and My Grind being my favorites.

This is on one of his older albums(Bricks in my Backpack 3), but you can't tell me this song isn't catchy.

Vorheez

I haven't seen Budapest I might watch that now.

Budapest was ok, I went into it with extremely high expectations and had no clue what I was in for. I'm positive that my opinion would have been different if my expectations weren't a factor, so maybe I'll watch it again.

Can't count how many times that has ruined a game/movie/book for me

injurai

Banned
Budapest was ok, I went into it with extremely high expectations and had no clue what I was in for. I'm positive that my opinion would have been different if my expectations weren't a factor, so maybe I'll watch it again.

Can't count how many times that has ruined a game/movie/book for me

It's can have a surprisingly significant impact can have. I know my friends tastes, and there are some things that I know they would love. But they go in with a mindset where they start picking things apart and completely miss the nuance. But it's too late they can't stop seeing things as issues.

Furyous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_srnNASnMyc
wUhwjyS.gif

apparently this is getting airplay in NY on pop stations.

Fif has to come back and take his act back from dude. This is sounds like a knock off of a beat Fif would rock on. Is this a response to Manolo Rose destroying Troy's reputation? This dude is not hot enough to keep this act up. He's writing a series of bad checks with his actions.

The song is catchy because of the beat but this shouldn't leave NYC. He's forever lost the right to clown anyone about their content with this song. He's lost the right to clown over simple hooks, beats, lyrics or content.

Is old NYC sick of the influence of other regions yet? That backlash is going to be amazing when it takes over. At the same time, where does that leave the new generation? Think about it: if you sound like an old school rapper then you're biting but if you sound like someone from another region then you're inauthentic. Good luck with that.

Have we discussed Yeezus clowning Brandy's brother... again?

even if it were to happen would drake and nicki even want to work under lil wayne and TI? I feel like they have more than enough leverage to do something else

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
even if it were to happen would drake and nicki even want to work under lil wayne and TI? I feel like they have more than enough leverage to do something else
It makes absolutely no sense, like everything from MTO.

Drake would leverage his Warner Bros. and Lyor relationships (though I think the 300/Kanye management thing didn't pan out because Ye went to Roc Nation?). Why would any of them partner up anyways? Drake is in a position to take that mogul step himself, as he's much more powerful of a brand than TI at the moment even though TI is hot now that he finally striking gold after rebooting his label 3-4 times or whatever.

DominoKid

instead a bunch of niggas posting a shitty ass pic put the song out if it's hot. otherwise keep that shit to yourself. big sean and PND arent that important.

Esch

Banned
instead a bunch of niggas posting a shitty ass pic put the song out if it's hot. otherwise keep that shit to yourself. big sean and PND arent that important.
Shit is like raps equivalent of when movie / video game companies drop a teaser to a trailer. FOH with that shit.

Really surprised Sean didn't drop near or shortly after Christmas. I had heard that was the plan.

Dude has a big hit and is dating the most popar 14yo in the world. Will he sell decently? Does he have an actual fan base?

Really surprised Sean didn't drop near or shortly after Christmas. I had heard that was the plan.

Dude has a big hit and is dating the most popar 14yo in the world. Will he sell decently? Does he have an actual fan base?

Enzo's buying it

Hopefully its like his Detroit mixtape.

DominoKid

he can't really do worse than his last album sales wise. although he wasted IDFWU's heat.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If Sean drops an album entirely produced by La Flame and Key Wane, we've got a classic on our hands IMO.

Too bad it's likely shitty ass IDFWU will be on there and knock it down a few pegs.

If Sean drops an album entirely produced by La Flame and Key Wane, we've got a classic on our hands IMO.

Too bad it's likely shitty ass IDFWU will be on there and knock it down a few pegs.
Big Sean finally drops a good song and you don't like it, what's wrong with you. Shit is undeniable heat.

DominoKid

nah IDFWU was one of the better singles in recent memory.

one of the better mustard beats and a great beat switch. great E40 appearance. sean's verses are good and he isn't stressing the shit out of his voice.

i was surprised he was able to make that good of a single w/o an r&b hook or a high profile feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom