• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Kid Cudi: "I'm mad [Mond] cut out my kissing scenes with David,"

"We made out so many times -- and it was so good! That's my only gripe."

ivv3A7Ubuc19W.gif

i dunno enzo i dont give a fuck i dont give a fuck i dont i dont give a fuck

that song was the first big sean track that I could really vibe with, simple ass hook too but really catchy.

happy birthday cheddahz.

Vorheez

Hey des, I remember a while back you sayin something about gucci not writing his own lyrics? Is that a suspicion or some shit I'm not aware about? Could explain the inconsistency throughout his career

That or drugs

Hey des, I remember a while back you sayin something about gucci not writing his own lyrics? Is that a suspicion or some shit I'm not aware about? Could explain the inconsistency throughout his career

That or drugs

Gucci Mane has to have the longest career of any trap rapper or even any contemporary rapper for that matter. So Icy came out ten years ago.

IrishNinja

WW showing his ignorance tbh

Gwop's not just the first trap rapper ever, there actually was no trap before him - historically speaking, those blocks were considered fairly safe

Gwop's not just the first trap rapper ever, there actually was no trap before him - historically speaking, those blocks were considered fairly safe

I can never tell if im getting made fun of in this thread :(

How high do you got to be to say something this funny?

Idk bro, name another rapper, let alone a street rapper, who came out around or before then who is still relevant. Im not saying he's the only one but that is an impressive feat

The more I listen to T&Y the more I like it. I don't subscribe to that AOTY shit and some tracks are straight garbage but it's cool.

Also +1 for that Matt McGhee. Anybody have a decent quality download for his Show EP?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Idk bro, name another rapper, let alone a street rapper, who came out around or before then who is still relevant. Im not saying he's the only one but that is an impressive feat

Contemporary rappers that have been around for ten years.
- Most of them.

That is all. I'm not talking about trap or whatever, but there are roughly a bajillion rappers who are contemporary that have been around 10 years. Shit just sounded like some shit you'd say when off your gourd, is all.

See, like, what does this mean? Are you saying Ye isn't contemporary or hasn't been around for ten years? I dunno. Explain your thought processes bro

Contemporary rappers that have been around for ten years.
- Most of them.

That is all. I'm not talking about trap or whatever, but there are roughly a bajillion rappers who are contemporary that have been around 10 years. Shit just sounded like some shit you'd say when off your gourd, is all.

See, like, what does this mean? Are you saying Ye isn't contemporary or hasn't been around for ten years? I dunno. Explain your thought processes bro

No, im saying Jay isn't contemporary. In My Lifetime came out almost twenty years ago. Not once did I ever say Ye wasn't. What Im saying is a contemporary rapper's life span is not long at all especially with the way music is consumed currently. Let alone a street-oriented rapper who never really makes it out of their neighborhood, and if they do, it's only because of a hit song and is merely followed up. Gucci had Icy, Black Tee, Freaky Gurl, Lemonade, a Mariah Carey remix, etc

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
No, im saying Jay isn't contemporary. In My Lifetime came out almost twenty years ago. Not once did I ever say Ye wasn't. What Im saying is a contemporary rapper's life span is not long at all especially with the way music is consumed currently. Let alone a street-oriented rapper who never really makes it out of their neighborhood, and if they do, it's only because of a hit song and is merely followed up. Gucci had Icy, Black Tee, Freaky Gurl, Lemonade, a Mariah Carey remix, etc

I mean,I get what you're trying to say, but I don't really get your definition of contemporary. Like, in your usage contemporary means "actively moving numbers" because it doesn't mean new, because you can't both be 10 years in the game and new.

In any event, I get what you're aiming for "Gwuop has amazing longevity for a rapper of his type and he's still making hot music ten years in." Just had to get there together bro, like a buddy cop film where I'm played by Marky Mark.

effzee

lol word? smh

I understand showing local artists love but come on. That's such a cynical attempt at a radio single. I can imagine Ebro saying it's a good record lmao.

sounds like a BoB song

Radio doesn't care if it's a cynical attempt or genuine. Clear channel plays whatever works and will get people to listen.

Beat is poppy enough for people to bop along with.

I'm strangely looking forward to the next Big Sean project. IDFWU is the first single of his that I enjoyed plus that Ariana influence has to mean something great is on its way.

IDFWU is alright that 3rd verse and beat switch is fiyah tho

yup 3rd verse is good
and honestly I'm fine with another medium sean album
guy isn't going to drop a cd with 15 tracks of fire because he's comfortable with making those radio songs but when he does drop something like Mula I will definitely give it a listen
he can make some decent songs when he wants to

happy bday ched

and wtf at cudi

HiResDes

That or drugs
I didn't say that was talking about Keef.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom