• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sean should have capitalized on IDFWU's popularity, but these snippets sound nice. and dude went in on the mike will tape. cautiously optimistic?

also, happy birthday cheddahz. love yourself
- kenneth lamar

image.php

Watched the entire thing on my lunch break. Hmm...

I don't disagree about the shitty way hip hop is treated in college courses. You don't need a "certified hip hop scholar" or whatever but at least someone who understands the genre. They don't let just anybody teach English or even contemporary music classes.

The thing about protesting for free college...eh. How can you dismiss the protests going on because their ineffective and then propose...ineffective protests at universities.

Big Sean talking having plans of starting his own label. Already has Key Wane signed to his publishing company. Sean Michael Anderson Music.

Kendrick gotta start up his label soon

While the G.O.O.D Music crew was making music in Mexico, a news report on the murder of Michael Brown came on the television. Work immediately came to a halt as Kanye, Pusha T, CyHi, Mike Dean, Plain Pat, and Ibn Jasper stopped to take in the news. “We couldn’t believe it,” says Sean. “’Ye was like, ‘Man, this is insane.’” After attempting to process the situation, Sean stepped away to call his mom. “She told me, ‘You need to show that you care, but your grandma isn’t doing good, you need to be here.’ I’ve been getting better at capturing those moments and putting them in my music.”

He’s gotten better at infusing his music with not just slivers, but full slabs of his real life; he’s become a better all-around artist, too. His song craft improves each year. His raps, as evidenced by the various show-stealing guest verses he dropped in 2014, as well as his own tracks, show that his best days may lie ahead. And considering the year he’s had—a failed engagement, an underperforming album, loss of his management team, and a grandmother whose health is failing, those sunny days are well-deserved. “That title—Dark Sky Paradise—fits it so perfect for me,” Sean says as the day wraps up. “There were a lot of thunderstorms in my life. A lot of rumbling, a lot of lightning. Then sunshine came.”

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
why the fuck is the Complex mobile site one of the smoothest web apps I've used and their desktop site one of the slowest and most bloated shit ever

goddamnit Complex

HiResDes

coulda fooled me with that sentence structure breh

I was mostly being facetious about Gucci, but you can tell Keef had his verses written. The fact that you're still harping on it though is kind of funny in of itself to me. Would you really be shocked or hurt if you found out Gucci had help writing his stuff? You do realize that that's more than likely the case given his output.

Nibel

The thing about protesting for free college...eh. How can you dismiss the protests going on because their ineffective and then propose...ineffective protests at universities.

Heh, well said.

Really think Sean is gonna drop some fire.

Well, I didn't give much about his last album, but he makes music that is okayish.

BTW, protip for Sean: don't drop a single with two rappers that kill you on your own track and get all the attention before you release your album

Hip Hop: Raw & Uncut - Found Tapes

Found Tapes is a new weekly show that highlights some of the rarest, weirdest, and sometimes just really cool videos that people send to us. This week, we head down to the Sobe Live Nightclub in South Beach, Miami, to take an uncensored look at where some of the brightest stars in hip-hop were back in 2009.

Pretty cool video. Slightly NSFW and it's about an hour long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom