• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Gaf so scared to admit DJ mustard ran 2014 on the boards they picked Mike will. Who didn't do shit all year besides vacuum Miley's box and give us two shitty kid rappers.

Courage

Gaf so scared to admit DJ mustard ran 2014 on the boards they picked Mike will. Who didn't do shit all year besides vacuum Miley's box and give us two shitty kid rappers.

It depends on how you interpret 'Producer of the Year' I guess. None of the Mustard joints resonated with me other than IDFWU and what he produced on MKL.

Esch

Banned
It depends on how you interpret 'Producer of the Year' I guess. None of the Mustard joints resonated with me other than IDFWU and what he produced on MKL.
DJ mustard has had the most dominant run sonically as far as framing the sound of a year ive heard since Lex Luger in ~2010-11.

But I guess he's like the new swizz beatz.

Cheddahz

Banned
i much rather have a grooown dude sucj my dick FOR BEATS then an old chinese laddy

DominoKid

unrelated but i saw Calvin Harris reupped for 400K a night for his Vegas DJ residency. dude came a long way from I Created Disco.

although i jam a lot of his shit his sound is too basic and repetitive to give him that level of recognition.

Courage

i much rather have a grooown dude sucj my dick FOR BEATS then an old chinese laddy
PtJ6Tc8.gif

DJ mustard has had the most dominant run sonically as far as framing the sound of a year ive heard since Lex Luger in ~2010-11.

Well, there's nothing wrong with being the new Swiss Beatz, he was easily top 5 producer of the late 90s up to mid 00. Undeniable.

Plus Mustard was on everyone's album including Banco which was one of the top 3 songs if not the best on the tape imo. His sound is affectious

HiResDes

Dis ain't the billboards homie. The Mustard track on Banco was hot garbage.

Esch

Banned
Well, there's nothing wrong with being the new Swiss Beatz, he was easily top 5 producer of the late 90s up to mid 00. Undeniable.

Plus Mustard was on everyone's album including Banco which was one of the top 3 songs if not the best on the tape imo. His sound is affectious
Low key his producer tape with the stupid mirror cover had some hot joints too. Nothing special cause esch scale but I kept a few of those.
Dis ain't the billboards homie. The Mustard track on Banco was hot garbage.
Deal with it. Mustard ran the game in real life.

HiResDes

I hope y'all tag team trolling or just tone deaf. Whenever you gotta resort to a sales age perspective to defend the merit of an artist their artistry ain't worth shit.

overcast

Hahahaha

That's a good list brahs. I think Cole should especially not be on it cause he didn't have one memorable track on the album. Days Before Rodeo is pretty meh overall but it has a few nice tracks. That's the Soulja girl representation.

although i jam a lot of his shit his sound is too basic and repetitive to give him that level of recognition.

true. metro boomin deserved it this year.

fuck dat list though. where's yg? oxymoron making it over mkl is election fraud. i demand an investigation. tde won disappointment of the year yet still had a dominant presence in the hip hop awards.

CRS

great job CRS, very well done.

Thanks man.

Reposting this here,

Raw data

Here you can see who got snubbed from the Top 10 albums and songs, the close Rookie of the Year race, and anything else you might want to see.

Enjoy.

Y'all should take the discussion into the OT thread. Our chance to bask in the OT light. :blessed:

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mustard definitely ran last year. Don't mind Will winning as he put in work but man Mustard OWNED last year. Hit after hit after hit, even when he flipped his style up. Got that gold, or mustard or whatever.

Esch

Banned
I hope y'all tag team trolling or just tone deaf. Whenever you gotta resort to a sales age perspective to defend the merit of an artist their artistry ain't worth shit.
Ran the clubs, radio and the streets.

Pushed the best tracks on one of the best albums of the year critically and sales wise (My Krazy Life).

Had a good producer tape project.

Was aped like crazy texture and composition wise because of how memorable his shit was. #influence

producer of the year. Never trolled in my life.

HiResDes

He didn't have a good producer tape, hardly anyone even his stans thinks that...Also who gives a damn who's biting him when he's ripping off producers directly himself. What is this style flip Enzo is talking about? It still hasn't happened lol.

Eos

days before rodeo >>>> small vvorld
small vvorld is nice but days before rodeo is just better overall; better production, better features, etc.

He didn't have a good producer tape, hardly anyone even his stans thinks that...Also who gives a damn who's biting him when he's ripping off producers directly himself. What is this style flip Enzo is talking about? It still hasn't happened lol.

From Kid Ink - Show me up to Tineashe 2 On, you don't hear that style flip at all? Pretty evident and it happened within the same exact year too, hardly any producer has done that as far as I know, especially mainstream wise since people ask for similar type beats

Esch

Banned
10 summers was trash esch. stop playing breh.
Lol you right, I can't even finish up a narrative for that one.

He did run the year tho. I don't know, it just seems absurd to pick Mike will on any level though. what's the rationale there besides some been trill shit and rae sremmurd? One of which is a pair of garbagemen.

If you're going to go the route of picking a popular producer instead of some underground shit mustard makes more sense.

HiResDes

From Kid Ink - Show me up to Tineashe 2 On, you don't hear that style flip at all? Pretty evident and it happened within the same exact year too, hardly any producer has done that as far as I know, especially mainstream wise since people ask for similar type beats
I see Mustard has been so stagnant in his production style that any small variance is perceived as a style flip. Lol

IrishNinja

#LetCheddahzLive, it's his day ya'll
this L's on the house, but you only get one

phew, looks like i'm stayin fam

oxymoron in the top 10 but not shady

I see you niggas still aint shit

"i see garbage, but it's not my garbage."

Travis Scott, Cole, and mother fucking Q... Y'all are garbage.

okay yeah but look again: there's RTJ2 instead of Shady, there's Shabazz, Isiah, Ratking, & Black Milk
this year has a much stronger list than the ones i recall in years prior, and yeah, CRS did a bang-up job, much love

HiResDes

Lol you right, I can't even finish up a narrative for that one.

He did run the year tho. I don't know, it just seems absurd to pick Mike will on any level though. what's the rationale there besides some been trill shit and rae sremmurd? One of which is a pair of garbagemen.

If you're going to go the route of picking a popular producer instead of some underground shit mustard makes more sense.
Ransom was pretty damn fire. Metro Boomin and Zaytoven also had some impressive work. They all have more variation in their sound.

injurai

Banned
okay yeah but look again: there's RTJ2 instead of Shady, there's Shabazz, Isiah, Ratking, & Black Milk
this year has a much stronger list than the ones i recall in years prior, and yeah, CRS did a bang-up job, much love

right here, people did good

Still surprised Busdriver Perfect Hair was slept on by so many.

Esch

Banned
Ransom was pretty damn fire. Metro Boomin and Zaytoven also had some impressive work. They all have more variation in their sound.
Boom and Zay don't really have that many 'hits' tho. I really like both but I don't really consider them that mainstream just cause they make trap shit.

No crossovers unless I'm missing something?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hooo doggie, ya'll won't believe how things went down last weekend. Caught this PYT slipping, club was packed so she rubbed her left boob on my back which didn't turn into anything else but play is play,right fellas? She did address me later and got me hyped but it was just to ask where the facilities where, but Return of the Mack was on so the vibe was crazy. I pretended not to hear her question and instead asked her what she did and she said reception for an accounting firm or something, and then walked away but ya'll shoulda seen the tittays though.

Brother, I'd fuck with her like a Klobb in Goldeneye. After that my boy and I shared some brews.

This should be his tag.

I'm going to jump on this dap bandwagon. Havana Nights is my JOTD.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Mustard was producer of the year. Mike will couldn't get all the D grade rappers out of his studio long enough to make even a halfway decent beat. Mustard created a sound that was fucking everywhere last year. He racked up so many hits I lost count. Doesn't matter if you hate his sound, to deny that he was producer of the year is delusional thinking on the same level as "that Kanye Kardashian Paul McCartney track was fire!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom