• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Sheisty project is dope overall. lots of different textures, love the hazy basement mixing, vivid raps with punchlines but not trying too hard. shit is a great way to start the year.

Sonically it kind of reminds me of ev/alc shit or black milk's latest.
Sheisty is the guy from Niggas With Latitude BTW... But Stevie Crooks has to be closest sounding to Hov.
also agree

CoolOff

That blizzard life.

3467x292mugp.gif

archer-blizzard.gif

injurai

Banned
I think I'm a woman. It's freezing cold but my face won't create a beard.

Existential crisis every fucking winter.

Also I have to depend on scarves, and now I think I love scarves...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Does RTJ ever perform songs from R.A.P. Music?

during their first tour they had the sets like this: Despot, El-P, Killer Mike, RTJ

now that they have two albums worth of material it was: Despot, Ratking, RTJ

Esch

Banned
ibeZd5ztykiSGz.gif

lol, only a few people here who actually make beats have the know-how to make an educated estimation of who would be a 'technical producer of the year'.

It's all subjective.

injurai

Banned
during their first tour they had the sets like this: Despot, El-P, Killer Mike, RTJ

now that they have two albums worth of material it was: Despot, Ratking, RTJ

That's pretty neat. I thought they might just because a single album isn't much to go off of.

Didn't know they were touring with Ratking either... maaaan I'm missing my acts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think we need two separate categories to stop claims like this.

"Prolific Producer of the Year."

"Technical Producer of the Year."
This is like the dumbest thing, like trying to split up an MVP into two awards or something.

It's not two things, and just like a "favourite producer" category it opens it up to bias where you'll have the same Alc stans sucking him off or whatever year after year after year. Producers are measured by their work and value. Whoever put out the best work with the most impact is deserving. The popular choice here is Mustard, but I think people like Mike Will and Metro Boomin are frontrunners too in their own respects. If anything, a rookie producer category would be good considering some of these guys actually have legs.

PlayDat

Young L - Final Fantasy about to be this year's West1996 in terms of thread reaction to cover, vs quality of the tape. It's good and it's only 20 minutes.

Hey guys! New to this thread but super excited to subscribe. I've been listening to Shabazz for a year or so now, they've gotten me into experimental hip hop. Since then I've been listening to a lot of Run the Jewels, Death Grips, and Badbadnotgood (i know, instrumental). I'm checking out the winners of 2014 thread, but are there any other artists I should check out similar to those three I mentions? (Shabazz, RtJ, Death)

Listen to Ratking.

Fuck clipping MC Daveed is garbage. Check out Dale, Armand Hammer and For Madmen Only.

Who is this?

injurai

Banned
This is like the dumbest thing, like trying to split up an MVP into two awards or something.

It's not two things, and just like a "favourite producer" category it opens it up to bias where you'll have the same Alc stans sucking him off or whatever year after year after year. Producers are measured by their work and value. Whoever put out the best work with the most impact is deserving. The popular choice here is Mustard, but I think people like Mike Will and Metro Boomin are frontrunners too in their own respects. If anything, a rookie producer category would be good considering some of these guys actually have legs.

The truth is that everyone measures by a different yardstick, so the argument that people should have been voting for Mustard because he was the most prolific and everyone other vote was out to denounce him is wack to begin with. If you want to acknowledge make a new category. Obviously Alc didn't win with how things are as is, so don't even try pulling that one.

Furyous

What type of urban safari shit is this? I'm a tad bit offended at the tone of this video. This rubs me the wrong way for some odd reason.

---

#BLAMEEBRO in full effect. First, Angie left... Next, Mister Cee left... Next, Miss Jones comes back. Now, Ciph quits because he didn't get the spot? THIS is some bullshit of the highest order. The only saving grace is Hot97 brought in Nessa from Cali. They need to get Rikki Martinez as well to make up for this. What in the shit is going on up there? Is Nessa going to take Laura's spot because they kind of function in the same lane.

Ultimately people should vote for who they feel deserved the win. Mustard doesn't deserve shit just because he had a lot of hit records. I can understand voting for Mike Will, Metro Boomin, etc - they had lots of noteworthy tracks and if you're into their shit you should vote for them. And if you think Mustard had the best, most noteworthy beats you should vote for him.

I voted for Black Milk. His progression as a producer has been quite impressive to me, he has the best sounding drums in hip hop IMO, and produced three great projects: Glitches in the Break (EP), If There's A Hell Below, and a dope r&b record with Mel:
http://blackmilk.bandcamp.com/album/burning-stones

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
#BLAMEEBRO in full effect. First, Angie left... Next, Mister Cee left... Next, Miss Jones comes back. Now, Ciph quits because he didn't get the spot? THIS is some bullshit of the highest order. The only saving grace is Hot97 brought in Nessa from Cali. They need to get Rikki Martinez as well to make up for this. What in the shit is going on up there? Is Nessa going to take Laura's spot because they kind of function in the same lane.
I certainly hope neither of those women get done like Laura Stylez and K Foxx get done, being Ebro's punching bag essentially.

TBH I've never really thought Rikki brought anything interesting to the table from all the Big Boy stuff I've watched. Nessa has her own swag and I feel like can carry her own shit (as she has, for a little while now). Keep Nessa away from Ebro/Rosenberg, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom