• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

i know channel orange wasn't for everyone, but i havne't heard anything from the weekend on that level

frank isn't (to my knowledge) a shit excuse for a human being though

wait what's the story on this, what did abel do that i missed

That recent cover was especially terrible.

just so we're clear, you're saying this song right here is especially terrible

the enzo rule is is an awful thing to invoke, so i want to be 100 before citing it fam

Frank Ocean >>>>> Weeknd

B8vgOseCYAACZh8.jpg

B8vgOsiCUAAERRf.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Weeknd makes the same song over and over again and still hasn't topped his first tape. Frank Ocean >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Abel
Frank makes better music in almost every way at this point. Weeknd has gone completely stagnant in the worst way.
Frank Ocean >>>>> Weeknd
Absolutely disgusting. I'll give you a half-pass if all you've heard is Nostalgia, Ultra, but even half of that was him going over other people's jams. When he was left to his own devices he put out perhaps one of the most boring debut albums ever. It's like the entire budget went into Pyramids and then he threw some shitty Lonny Breaux grade stuff onto there. For someone that's a pretty good writer he has a pretty hard time making good songs while Abel is out here "making the same song over and over again" yet still being so much more interesting every time than Frank making a different, forgettable song over and over again.

Its extra sus when the notion is more than just him being perceived as a better singer too.

HiResDes

If you think the closest analogue to Frank is the Weeknd you should probably listen to more music. I've come to realize how silly of a comparison it is. Young Thug or Scarface, who's better?

Nibel

I think those two are often compared because they kinda blew up at the similar time and are from the same 'generation' if you will so.

In the end, both are talented as hell and will hopefully release some new stuff this year.

mooooose

yeah its not a real comparison lol theyre completely different but the convo comes up because at the time they were the two biggest people popping

Esch

Banned
If you think the closest analogue to Frank is the Weeknd you should probably listen to more music. I've come to realize how silly of a comparison it is. Young Thug or Scarface, who's better?

it's cause they're the nas/jay-z of this new rnb generation. really dont have much in common on wax but the comparisons will still flow cause yeah.

Absolutely disgusting. I'll give you a half-pass if all you've heard is Nostalgia, Ultra, but even half of that was him going over other people's jams. When he was left to his own devices he put out perhaps one of the most boring debut albums ever. It's like the entire budget went into Pyramids and then he threw some shitty Lonny Breaux grade stuff onto there. For someone that's a pretty good writer he has a pretty hard time making good songs while Abel is out here "making the same song over and over again" yet still being so much more interesting every time than Frank making a different, forgettable song over and over again.

Its extra sus when the notion is more than just him being perceived as a better singer too.

they gon get this work enzo

There's a big difference between making songs fitting a certain theme and making "the same song" over again and again. I would definitely argue The Weeknd does the former, not the latter. I don't even know how people can say that lol just listen to what's actually being said in the lyrics nahmean
I do however like them both. But Frank needs to put some new music out.

until that tweet reads "85% invitations sent out to the Badu wedding reception" then you know the album is coming out no problem
Also I still maintain all these tweets are actually about Jay Rock's album

if you're saying it's foolish to compare ill agree with that part...my disagreement mostly lies with saying The Weeknd "makes the same songs"; he simply doesn't.

Esch

Banned
Yeah that's a bit of an insulting comparison really. Young Thug is okay for what he is but generally isn't fit to sniff Scarface's farts.

overcast

50 taking an L from A$AP rocky over instagram neighborhood bikes

what a time to be alive
50 being pathetic. Though Rocky thirsting is funny too.
I can wait.. but nigga give us something. give us some throw away track

something nigga

SOMETHING
You'll get nothing and like it. This is TDE brah.
Well we have to argue about relevant and passionate topics. You know GAF-Hop isn't an R&B sub forum, we know no better.

Yo someone please explain to me what Future is doing on this Mike Will/The Weeknd song? My dude at no point even began to try to start to get ready to attempt to stay on beat.

Ninja Dom

Yo someone please explain to me what Future is doing on this Mike Will/The Weeknd song? My dude at no point even began to try to start to get ready to attempt to stay on beat.

The original song was Swae Lee and Future off the Ransom album. What The Weeknd has done is sang his hook and verse at the start of the song, the rest of the song is the same as the album.

OH-MY-GOSH!
My girl Akua Naru has just dropped a new single and announced a new album. Out of all the artists I had miss in the past years, Akua Naru was the number one. The Journey Aflame and Live & Aflame Sessions were so motherfucking damn good! I felt that she wasn't going to drop anything else. She was going to be like Lauryn Hill, give us that jewel and did a little songs here and there, but never putting out an album again, but it looks like Akua is going to do it.

Akua Naru - Heard - The Miner's Canary

This track is hot fire. Now I know that some shit could go down in her life and the album will never come out, but oh lordy, I really hope so. I really really do. That would be too much of a disappointment if it doesn't happen. I loved "Best Friends" she did with Shuko on the Amy Winehouse tribute album and will hopefully love this new album whenever it comes. I need to get that Akua Naru shirt before it drops.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I don't think I'll watch another NFL game all the way through ever again. Pretty much the equivalent of watching a hot glory hole video and a guy sweeps in and intercepts the money shot.

what like?

from the chick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom