• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Just found out MC Lyte put out this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCvuZCXQ4Q
I am disappointed.

classic artists have done way worse in recent years bruh
like, poor LL

lol does Mike Will bring them everywhere like they're his kids?

haha damn

really good of e-water to keep trying to put on these lesser dudes

Ninja Dom

What are your guys low key/underrated favorite albums from the 00's?

Edit: I just mean, not the usual suspects. I want to see if there is anything I missed.

homepage_large.b04cedb0.jpg

2004 A real nice album with one long story that is told through each tune in turn, like Ghost's 36 Seasons. Really nice.

cover.jpg

2006 Although Max B featured on the 2005 Jim Jones album, On My Way To Church, it was this mixtape that we first PROPERLY heard Max B flex his skills. Together with Stack Bundles (RIP).

Max_B_Million_Dollar_Baby_Radio-front-large.jpg

2006/7 Fucking Masterpiece mixtape.

20080610-max1.jpg

2008 Max leaves Dipset Byrdgang and gets Dame Grease to start producing his stuff. This is just before Max B and French Montana started releasing stuff. Another Masterpiece.

So do we actually know who the real Biggie Smalls is? (It was already a name in use when Big tried to register it).

Googled this and here's the answer:

Where Did The Name Biggie Smalls Come From?
The name Biggie Smalls came from a 1975 movie called “Let’s Do It Again.” In the movie, there were a group of gangsters lead by Biggie Smalls (Calvin Lockhart) who was hustling a boxer into thinking he was winning prize fights when he really wasn’t. When Christopher Wallace chose Biggie Smalls as a rap name, he was sued by Lockhart and forced to change the name to Notorious B.I.G.

DominoKid

constance wu cute as fuck. that 90s mom swag really plays that down.

been catching up on black-ish. i think i'll check out FOB too. more diversity in sitcoms finally...

minorities on networks are back in style breh. it's wonderful. empire, scandal and htgawm running shit on the dramas. blackish and fob doing respectable numbers on comedy.

where's CBS at?
lV2kE.png

been catching up on black-ish. i think i'll check out FOB too. more diversity in sitcoms finally...

new weeknd song is...aiight. dude's formula is feeling kind of stale now. but still i dig it.

overcast

Interested in Fresh off the Boat. Some people didn't like it in the thread though. Network sitcoms are typically a hard sell for me too.

Blackish is pretty funny. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Haven't checked out FOB yet.

I typically have a problem with shows that try to be "minority comedies" cause their jokes are dumbed down and the laugh tracks are annoying, and everything is usually terrible. (Sitcoms about Mexican-Americans break my heart cause they do this all the time) So I usually approach these kinda shows with Caution, that being said I'm glad to see more diversity on television.

Hope it doesn't sound like I'm shitting on minorities in television lol

DominoKid

Blackish is pretty funny. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Haven't checked out FOB yet.

I typically have a problem with shows that try to be "minority comedies" cause their jokes are dumbed down and the laugh tracks are annoying, and everything is usually terrible. (Sitcoms about Mexican-Americans break my heart cause they do this all the time) So I usually approach these kinda shows with Caution, that being said I'm glad to see more diversity on television.

Hope it doesn't sound like I'm shitting on minorities in television lol
Eddie actually wrote a good article about authenticity vs broad appeal for his show. On a network broad appeal will always win regardless of race, gender, age, etc. So I dont think its really a minority sitcom thing.

You can look at that Real Husbands shit Kevin Hart has and see the difference compared to network stuff. Real Husbands really doesnt get the credit it deserves. I wish cable channels would pick up more minority sitcoms. FX, Comedy Central, Showtime, etc. Thats really the only reason Im interested in that Donald Glover show on FX

edit: forgot to comment on this yesterday but i have no beef with what young thug said about hov. old rappers need to stop chasing the young dollar and start making some age appropriate shit. hiphop really hasnt grown up with its audience well at all. theres real money to be had making shit for 30-45+ year old hip hop fans that are tired of that turn up. even R&B artists figured that out. then again R&B has never been as obsessed with "cool" as hiphop has.

IrishNinja

Not doubting Ghost's cred, but talking tough behind security isn't a good luck. "Yo, you lucky moms was holding me back or I woulda whupped you."

is it a better look to assault some fat dude in front of a ton of people/WSHH tho

Security dude looked like action bronson lmao

haha yeah, couldn't unsee

that dude literally jumped on stage though, and plus sometimes when you're terry cloth soft you gotta tuck your napkin in ya shirt cause you just mobbin like that

IrishNinja

Des/co - im giving up hope on finding the tonearm for this record player, can someone recommend me a good one (perferrably on amazon) relatively on the cheap? dying to have a decent one to hook up to this receiver.

gotta find a standalone cd/tape combo to hook in as well but that can wait i guess, bound to be one at a thrift shop out here

Wow, this is dope. Anything else from them?

you know i keep my ear to the streets cast so as soon i find it i'ma share it b

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Des/co - im giving up hope on finding the tonearm for this record player, can someone recommend me a good one (perferrably on amazon) relatively on the cheap? dying to have a decent one to hook up to this receiver.

whats the brand of the table again?

IrishNinja

whats the brand of the table again?

PT 2400 Gemini, looks great but totally needs that tone arm replaced & balanced presumably
reading GAF/etc threads makes it sound like if i can make this work i should track down an old ass technics/pioneer/etc model i guess, craigslist out here's a mess though

IrishNinja

There is this Technics for $122, but yea searching at any of the spots where you could find old turntables would probably be your best bet.

goddamn...yeah, looks like i gotta look local then. my mom has an old-ass one that she's not using/might work, just gotta look into hooking at into my receiver & bribing her for it i guess.

looking at the 33 RPM thread, if i can hook this in okay i shouldn't need an amp or any of that other shit right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom