• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

It'll probably be a little less/around the same as his last album. IDFWU/Grande fandom would have given it a slight boost but the leak will do damage.

https://twitter.com/ScHoolBoyQ/status/563126308092125184

ScHoolboy Q
‏@ScHoolBoyQ
Been in my cave gettin tHis album ready........ Jus relax, da grooviest crip workin..... Bye

ohlawdsmash-gif.3408

DominoKid

what would be tanking in this scenario? less than his last? that has 72k first week...he needs that Grande cosign

another 75K effort. HOF was a total fumble of a cycle.

with a huge hit and Def Jam & Ye (3 features gotdamn) behind him in full force this time (and Ariana cosign) he should at least do 125K imo.

and while i really like Blessings idk why you'd waste a Drake feature on an album cut like that.

I came across a little something and it made think about the rumpshaker videos from the 90's. They were rapping about ass, but those women had no ass, even the famous Sir Mix-A-Lot didn't have chicks with donk in his vid. Was fat asses a rarity in the US back then?

The only one I did find with plentiful ones was this R. Kelly joint and that wasn't even a rumpshaker joint.

R. Kelly - Summer Bunnies feat. Aaliyah - 12 Play

I also didn't know R. Kelly could rap.

I have no faith after Oxymoron.

Dunno. Can't help but think Kendrick's back to Africa turn is gonna result in a lot of AAA quality beats originally meant for him being shelved...which means Q (and Isiah Rashad) should have access to them.

And now that he sold well and had a hit, maybe Interscope will let him breath a bit.

DominoKid

I came across a little something and it made think about the rumpshaker videos from the 90's. They were rapping about ass, but those women had no ass, even the famous Sir Mix-A-Lot didn't have chicks with donk in his vid. Was fat asses a rarity in the US back then?

The only one I did find with plentiful ones was this R. Kelly joint and that wasn't even a rumpshaker joint.

R. Kelly - Summer Bunnies feat. Aaliyah - 12 Play

I also didn't know R. Kelly could rap.

kells talented as hell. one of the most talented artists of the last 25 years. his taste is just immature as fuck.

IrishNinja

that Daredevil trailer got me feelin some type of ways

also @ dom: agreed about Kells' talent, i also kinda dug that while everyone had pee jokes forever, he kept it movin & seemed to let his work speak for him

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The FourFiveSeconds video has made me hate the song. I was indifferent before, but now it's annoying. Kanye doing way too much with that dancing.

New Action is fantastic, one of Alchemist's best beats in a while. Sounds like a classic the first time you hear it.

Jarren Benton ft. R City - Diamonds & Fur. Dude is nice, I feel like he's going to end up as Mickey Factz 2.0 tho, same image and everything. Anyone check out his Slow Motion EP? Any good?

Posted? Big Sean & Ye in the studio recording Blessings. Ye the prophet.

Chris Brown & Tyga - Ayo video. Great video, no hip hop video trope left unturned. Dead @ the Mike Epps bit.

Joey Bada$$ talks about meeting Jay and the Maliah thing. Says Jay said he fucked with Waves most out of his entire catalog.

Que - Games. This dude missed his damn shot. Ain't nobody tryna hear this now.

NiteCap with Raekwon.
- They talk about relatability in his music's content, if he thinks it's okay that someone who has a different struggle can identify with his music (spoiler: yes he does)
- They talk about Selma a bit
- Talks storytelling vs. exploitation and branding of hip-hop lifestyles, how it's a double edged sword because at the end of the day it empowers free speech and people getting jobs
- They talk about how it's difficult to reconcile the Iggy Azealea thing. Rae says that he just respect that it opens outlets for people to do what they want to do, and he thinks she's talented so she should be able to express herself, and it's okay for people to "sponge up" influence to get some opportunities in life.
- Talk about his tiffs with RZA and stuff and how they reconcile when they get in a fight; "He may have the right intentions but make the wrong decisions"
- Talks about how the hustle mentality makes money whores out of us, and how 8/10 times if a promoter tries to fuck his business up, he may fold and do the gig anyways if people are screaming his name, but the 2/10 he has to has to protect his business. Goes on to talk about how he humbles himself and how money has fucked up his mentality whereas others are more "rich in the heart." Sounds like the typical stuff but it was cool the way Rae talked about it IMO.
- On what he fears most: Not being understood, feels people don't understand him but want to.

IrishNinja

- Talk about his tiffs with RZA and stuff and how they reconcile when they get in a fight; "He may have the right intentions but make the wrong decisions"

yeah, we're a few albums past anyone arguing otherwise - appreciate the summary as ever, enzoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom