• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I have to post this guy again: Ben Hedibi

I have been listening to his sound cloud, and ALL that beats are amazing. Seriously, he might just be the most talented beat maker I have heard. I mean listen to this Somebody's Gotta Die. He often crushes the original beats. He should have produced for the Wu (there's a lot of Wu tracks on there too).

http://street-symphony.com/artists/ben-hedibi/

Seriously have a listen, it's amazing, he's not well known but should be.
That Deadly Venom mix is TOUGH.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DltHP96.jpg
Wait. How is dude like this in the morning but he had his hair fully grown out and the long beard at the Big Sean concert..? #colespiracy

DominoKid

XXL says Big Sean is ready

In a room that held fewer than 60 people sitting tucked away in one of L.A.’s most exclusive venues, The SoHo House, select members of the media were introduced to Big Sean’s highly anticipated follow up to 2013’s Hall Of Fame, his third LP Dark Sky Paradise. The general consensus: Big Sean is ready to make a real run for the throne.

The early evening session was hosted by Sean himself, and kicked off with a brief video montage of the “My Last” MC’s journey from his hometown of Detroit to the Hollywood Hills, followed by a few words about how the tumultuous events of this past year, specifically the loss of his grandmother, went into making an album laced with more passion and emotion than his previous work.

From the opening track, “Dark Sky (Skyscrapers),” it was clear that the G.O.O.D Music standout was on a different level, both lyrically and musically. And with a guest list that includes Lil Wayne, Drake and Kanye West, Sean was never once outshone on a track.

From a production standpoint, Dark Sky Paradise is versatile yet consistent, with hit men like DJ Mustard, Mike WiLL Made It, Boi-1da and, of course, Sean’s label boss, Yeezy (whose “All Your Fault” beat might be one of his all-time greats), all showing off some of their 2015-ready styles.

In a room full of oft-unimpressed Hollywood types luxuriating in velvet chairs, each with its own ottoman, people actually began applauding in between songs and turning up to some of the harder hitting joints.

With the Grammys in town, last year’s stars are being celebrated all weekend long, but on this night it may have been a preemptive celebration for a feat that might be more fulfilling than a Grammy: A hip-hop album that actually exceeds its own hype.

Eminem GOAT
can't wait for those salty banks tweets
My man K.dot turning that L of a song into a W
Hype levels at max

edit: who pointed out em has never lost RAOTY, enzo? PD? good catch

doesnt really carry much weight, as the cast of downtown abbey determines who wins. kenneth lamar will be a household name for three days, and then people will go back to talking about left shark or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom